Battle Zone
We think you should log in. Don't you?

This is the site for everything and anything you want to talk about. Want to discuss the latest games? Done. Want to have fun? Done. This is THE place to have a great time.

HomePortalFAQMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Random fragments of prose work

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dennaix
Mini-Godzilla
Mini-Godzilla

PostSubject: Random fragments of prose work   Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:48 am

I crouched there, my gun in my hand and sweat in my eyes. My hair was lank and wet, my skin dirty and scarred. I'd been through so much... for this? To die here? It wasn't right! It wasn't fair! That I should fight my way across half the globe to find myself here... but it was funny... there was no fear... no shaking. I was ready to die. I suppose I was ready at the beginning. It doesn't make it easier... knowing when your time is up. I was calm... my heartbeat was steady and my hand like a rock. My senses ran into overdrive... I looked around the burning desert town. From the gas station to the church. I knew that there were three men in the town. Edward King was stood in the middle of the street, about fifteen yards from the burnt out car I was hiding behind. Behind him was Lindsay Yen, five foot three of leather clad evil. In the church bell tower was Bernard 'Scope' Croshaw, an Ex-military sniper and a legend in his field. I knew that if I poked my head out from my hiding spot he wouldn't miss... he never missed. I checked my pistol, it had three rounds left. Just enough. I pulled out the cross from my short sleeved beige shirt and made a short prayer.

“Let's talk about this, Gary.” came the voice of King, in his rich Texas accent.

“Gary is dead!” I called back “I said I never wanted to see you again, Eddie.”

“Only my friends call me Eddie, Gary. I told you what would happen if you left us, didn't I? I warned you of the risks. Ain't it just the way it goes, huh, Gary? You gotta know what your dealin' with here. There's three of us and you only got one bullet left. Why don't we talk about this?”

I almost laughed out loud at that. He always thought he knew everything. I modified this pistol myself, refitted it with a new twelve round magazine. I reached into my pocket and pulled out an old photograph, it had been dragged most of the way around the world, and you could tell. It was beaten, ripped, burned and worn. There were three faces on the picture... the two women were dead already. The man was about to be. I kissed the photo twice and put it away... I knew I could take King and Yen... but without a miracle Croshaw was out of my league. But in a business like ours, chances were his day was coming soon enough anyway. I cocked my pistol and stood up. Time bent and slowed as the adrenaline kicked in. I thought about the other two faces on the photo and smiled as I shot King in the forehead. Yen fell as I shot her through the left eye. And then the sound of the rifle going off came... It was the happiest sound I'd ever heard. I felt the red hot lump of lead pass through my chest and impact in the dirt behind me. I fell to my knees, my breath ragged and my heart erratic. I heard Croshaw cock the bolt on his rifle and looked up at the cloudless sky. I felt free for the first time... I felt alive. Strange for a man to feel most alive moments before his death... but that's how it was for me. I could almost kid myself I heard him draw his breath and I took a shot in his general direction. I hope I hit him... sadly I'll never know. But he took another shot... Everything started going dead... senses, thoughts... everything. I looked up at the white sun in the gray sky and smiled... I whispered to the dirt in a voice I never used any more as I died.

“I love you, Cassie... I love you, Carol...” I took my last breath... Then everything went black.

Goodbye
Back to top Go down
Matt
Ex Staff
Ex Staff

PostSubject: What's?   Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:27 pm

What's the point in writing 3 different stories at the same time and making separated topics? Are you going to continue this story? Or else this as to get closed.

And don't write 2 stories at a time, choose one and write only on that one.

Matt
Back to top Go down
http://www.Battlezone.forumotion.net
Dennaix
Mini-Godzilla
Mini-Godzilla

PostSubject: Re: Random fragments of prose work   Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:39 pm

This topic is just for the random fragments of creative writing I find lying around (I got tons of them) And the Spirit one I was drunk when I put it up here, so apologies for that. If you want to close one... close that one.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Ex Staff
Ex Staff

PostSubject: Re: Random fragments of prose work   Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:27 pm

K....So you'll post some things here from time to time?
Back to top Go down
Dennaix
Mini-Godzilla
Mini-Godzilla

PostSubject: Re: Random fragments of prose work   Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:00 am

Yes I will.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Ex Staff
Ex Staff

PostSubject: Re: Random fragments of prose work   Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:50 am

Okay then...Sorry for being a little harsh but I want to keep my forum part clean Razz

Matt
Back to top Go down
Dennaix
Mini-Godzilla
Mini-Godzilla

PostSubject: Re: Random fragments of prose work   Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:12 am

I understand, don't worry. This is just small fragments of stuff I find and never finish... kinda like an artist's sketchbook, a few pages of finished work but most of a book filled with line drawings and half finished pics. I'm sure you understand.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Ex Staff
Ex Staff

PostSubject: Re: Random fragments of prose work   Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:41 pm

Of course I do, I have that kind of book myself...I just throw my unfinished works away Razz

Matt

p.s Maybe we could make a thread especially for this...Maybe I'll ask it to Rain.
Back to top Go down
Dennaix
Mini-Godzilla
Mini-Godzilla

PostSubject: Re: Random fragments of prose work   Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:02 pm

Sounds like a plan, my friend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random fragments of prose work   

Back to top Go down

Random fragments of prose work