Battle Zone
We think you should log in. Don't you?

This is the site for everything and anything you want to talk about. Want to discuss the latest games? Done. Want to have fun? Done. This is THE place to have a great time.

HomePortalFAQMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Ask a Non-Religious

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lord of you
Programmer
Programmer

PostSubject: Re: Ask a Non-Religious   Thu May 06, 2010 3:59 pm

Disapprove of science? We are all for science you are just assuming Evolution is part of science which it is not. We have as much right to use and base our theories on science as Evolutionists.
And Evolution is not adaptation. Adaptation is a slight change in the animal to suit the place it lives in. Evolution is major change, for example Evolutions theory of certain dinosaurs giving rise to birds. Lizard to bird is a major change not a small one. I am wondering why there is nothing in between creatures you say gave rise to other creatures there is just the creature and the creature that it gave rise too which is a totally different animal. There is no gradual change in between animals

Here is another Question. The Moon is steadily getting farther away from Earth. We are losing the Moon, not much just a little each year. Now here is the question. The Inverse square law. if you halve the distance you qaudruple the attraction. so a couple million years ago the moon would be so close the tides would be so high that they would drown life twice a day. How could life survive only a couple million years ago if it was drowned twice daily?

Here is another question. The Earth is slowly slowing down, not much but it is steadily slowing down. If the Earth is "millions" of years old the Earth would be moving so fast that Life could not survive on it. They would literally be blown off the Earth. Now how could life have survived on an Earth "Millions" of years old that moved so fast that they would be blown off?
Back to top Go down
Artrain
Eternally lazy

PostSubject: Re: Ask a Non-Religious   Thu May 06, 2010 6:33 pm

terry brooks fan wrote:
Disapprove of science? We are all for science you are just assuming Evolution is part of science which it is not. We have as much right to use and base our theories on science as Evolutionists.
I see.

terry brooks fan wrote:

And Evolution is not adaptation. Adaptation is a slight change in the animal to suit the place it lives in. Evolution is major change, for example Evolutions theory of certain dinosaurs giving rise to birds. Lizard to bird is a major change not a small one. I am wondering why there is nothing in between creatures you say gave rise to other creatures there is just the creature and the creature that it gave rise too which is a totally different animal. There is no gradual change in between animals
Then our concepts of evolution are wrong. For me evolution is something that happens over an incredibly long period of time. Every thing has a reason. Nothing would be evolving if the conditions had remained the same, but they don't. That is why adaptation and evolution go together.

And no one is saying that birds evolved from dinosaur in an instant. They've all got links to suggest how it took place. It is a major change when you look at it in a scale of many million years, which is not a short time. The yearly change is almost negligible.

terry brooks fan wrote:

Here is another Question. The Moon is steadily getting farther away from Earth. We are losing the Moon, not much just a little each year. Now here is the question. The Inverse square law. if you halve the distance you qaudruple the attraction. so a couple million years ago the moon would be so close the tides would be so high that they would drown life twice a day. How could life survive only a couple million years ago if it was drowned twice daily?
I'm sure the answers are in the same place the questions are. I could look up the sites and send the links to you if you wanted. National Geographic is a good one. Basically it seems the problem is that the people who created this equation, only considered some parts of physics. There are a lot other things they did not take into the equation which resulted in it being wrong. Here's one site which explains the science: http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/moonrec.html

terry brooks fan wrote:

Here is another question. The Earth is slowly slowing down, not much but it is steadily slowing down. If the Earth is "millions" of years old the Earth would be moving so fast that Life could not survive on it. They would literally be blown off the Earth. Now how could life have survived on an Earth "Millions" of years old that moved so fast that they would be blown off?
That is also wrong information it seems. Earth day is increasing in time by 0.0015 seconds every century according to the atomic clocks we have now. The leap second which is added has nothing to do with the rate of slowing down, but it has to do with the correction of time that is necessary as we use the definition of a second which was made centuries ago when the earth rotated 0.0015 x no. of centuries faster than it does now. Since the period of one second we are using now is the same as that which we used centuries ago the correction has to be made everyday. It would have to be made even if the Earth was rotating at a constant speed it is rotating at now...

Programmer
Programmer

PostSubject: Re: Ask a Non-Religious   Thu May 06, 2010 9:57 pm

If macroevolution happened, where are the Billions of transitional fossils that should be there? Billions! Not a handful of questionable transitions. Why don't we see a smooth continuum among all living creatures, or in the fossil records, or both?

Which came first, DNA or the proteins needed by DNA, which can only be produced by DNA?

Why are dormant, but living, bacteria found inside rocks that you say are hundreds of millions of years old and in meteorites that you say are billions of years old? Clean- room techniques and great care were used to rule out contamination. The DNA in the bacteria also rules out contamination.

How could immune systems evolve?

It takes intelligence to make an arrowhead, why doesn't it take vastly more intelligence to create a human being? Do you really believe Hydrogen will turn into people if you wait long enough?

How could the first living cell begin? That is a greater miracle than for bacteria to evolve into man. How could that first cell reproduce? Speaking of reproduction, how could sexual reproduction evolve? Just before life appeared, did the atmosphere have oxygen or did it not have oxygen? Whichever choice you make creates a terrible problem for evolution. Both must come into existence at about the same time.

Do you know that most scientific dating methods support a young Earth, young Solar System, and Universe? Are you aware of all the assumptions and contradictory evidence used by those who say the Earth is Billions of years old?

The Oceans are always getting saltier so why aren't the Oceans saltier than they are now?

Where has Macroevolution ever been observed? What is the mechanism for getting new complexity, such as new vital organs? If any of the thousands of vital organs evolved, how could the organsim have lived before getting the vital organ? (Without the vital organ the organism is dead-by definition.) If a reptiles leg evolved into a birds wing, as evolutionists claim, wouln't the leg become a bad leg long before it became a good wing? How could Metomorphosis evolve?

If the the everything is billions of years old why are Saturns rings still there? They are fading away after all.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
I am such a post-wh*re and I am proud of it.

PostSubject: Re: Ask a Non-Religious   Thu May 06, 2010 10:04 pm

I thinkest that thy rings are fading away, from thou because the are thousands of years old?

Artrain
Eternally lazy

PostSubject: Re: Ask a Non-Religious   Fri May 07, 2010 2:56 am

terry brooks fan wrote:
If macroevolution happened, where are the Billions of transitional fossils that should be there? Billions! Not a handful of questionable transitions. Why don't we see a smooth continuum among all living creatures, or in the fossil records, or both?

Which came first, DNA or the proteins needed by DNA, which can only be produced by DNA?

Why are dormant, but living, bacteria found inside rocks that you say are hundreds of millions of years old and in meteorites that you say are billions of years old? Clean- room techniques and great care were used to rule out contamination. The DNA in the bacteria also rules out contamination.

How could immune systems evolve?

It takes intelligence to make an arrowhead, why doesn't it take vastly more intelligence to create a human being? Do you really believe Hydrogen will turn into people if you wait long enough?

How could the first living cell begin? That is a greater miracle than for bacteria to evolve into man. How could that first cell reproduce? Speaking of reproduction, how could sexual reproduction evolve? Just before life appeared, did the atmosphere have oxygen or did it not have oxygen? Whichever choice you make creates a terrible problem for evolution. Both must come into existence at about the same time.

Do you know that most scientific dating methods support a young Earth, young Solar System, and Universe? Are you aware of all the assumptions and contradictory evidence used by those who say the Earth is Billions of years old?

The Oceans are always getting saltier so why aren't the Oceans saltier than they are now?

Where has Macroevolution ever been observed? What is the mechanism for getting new complexity, such as new vital organs? If any of the thousands of vital organs evolved, how could the organsim have lived before getting the vital organ? (Without the vital organ the organism is dead-by definition.) If a reptiles leg evolved into a birds wing, as evolutionists claim, wouln't the leg become a bad leg long before it became a good wing? How could Metomorphosis evolve?

If the the everything is billions of years old why are Saturns rings still there? They are fading away after all.

If you know the right place to get information from, they will have given the reasons for all those questions. From what I've seen so far, these questions were first brought forth by the 'creationists' many decades ago. They've all been explained and put to rest now. Basically, you'd have to have Ph.Ds in physics, astro-physics, biology, zoology, mathematics, geology, paleontology, etc. etc. if you wanted to understand all the concepts. I haven't got them, but I trust those who have.

The most simplest examples of evolution are out own antibodies. Whenever a new threat is introduced the antibodies start developing resistance to it slowly over time, so that when the same threat comes up again, our body is equipped to deal with it.

If you do not believe in evolution you might as well not believe that one egg and one sperm can produce a human being...

Programmer
Programmer

PostSubject: Re: Ask a Non-Religious   Thu May 20, 2010 10:39 pm

Lets stop arguing Artrain. We are not getting anywhere after all, we both believe in our different Religion's firmly and this is just degenerating into a useless argument, I have asked questions you have answered but Christian Scientists with Ph.Ds in all of what you have listed in your latest post have answered them as well and I will believe them. I hope my Interminable Questions have not angered you.
Back to top Go down
Artrain
Eternally lazy

PostSubject: Re: Ask a Non-Religious   Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:12 pm

terry brooks fan wrote:
Lets stop arguing Artrain. We are not getting anywhere after all, we both believe in our different Religion's firmly and this is just degenerating into a useless argument, I have asked questions you have answered but Christian Scientists with Ph.Ds in all of what you have listed in your latest post have answered them as well and I will believe them.
Aah that is true. But in the end, it comes down to what you believe from your own knowledge and experiences and thinking and reasoning. If you have been fortunate enough to have had such knowledge or experience or thinking or reasoning, then it is quite understandable that you choose to believe in it. Most of the people out there believe in their respective religions only because they were taught about them by their parents.

The reason for me to not believe in it is very simple, I do not believe in it because I do not think it serves any purpose. Furthermore, my reasons for not sticking with any religion are stronger than my reasons for sticking with science, but I'd rather not go into those.

terry brooks fan wrote:

I hope my Interminable Questions have not angered you.
*laughs* Of course not. You had doubts about my beliefs and you raised them up. No problem in that. What I believe in, plain and simple, is that everything has an explanation if you are willing enough to go into the depth of it...

Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: Ask a Non-Religious   Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:16 pm

If you don't mind me asking (I don't know if it's been asked, I'm too lazy to look right now):

How do you think everything was created?

Let me phrase it like thus:

The Big Bang. If that's your answer. Then what caused it to happen? What created those particles and such that led to the Big Bang? Another Big Bang? Then what created that? See my issue? That's why I still believe in some higher power, and why I went Agnostic. I'm just curious on your take on the matter.

Back to top Go down
http://battlezone.forumotion.net/
Artrain
Eternally lazy

PostSubject: Re: Ask a Non-Religious   Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:51 am

Rain Stinks wrote:
If you don't mind me asking (I don't know if it's been asked, I'm too lazy to look right now):

How do you think everything was created?

Let me phrase it like thus:

The Big Bang. If that's your answer. Then what caused it to happen? What created those particles and such that led to the Big Bang? Another Big Bang? Then what created that? See my issue? That's why I still believe in some higher power, and why I went Agnostic. I'm just curious on your take on the matter.
Yup it has been asked. Feral did it I think, and my answer was simple: I do not know. Not even the scientists know. They have various theories, yes, but nothing substantial to support the theories. I guess they will just have to try harder to find out what happened before that.

But you see now? It is only when you try to understand reasons as to why certain things took place that you progress. I have no problem in believing everything was created by a 'higher power' if I am able to understand what that 'higher power' is. If all the people had just stuck with the religious explanations, then we would be still worshiping the sun, the wind, the rain, the moon, as gods, unable to predict anything, unable to understand anything. Development only occurs when people try to figure out things that cannot be explained, is what I think on the matter; and so I support the people who make an attempt to figure things out.

But of course, I do realize that knowing everything is impossible. We don't even know a single percent of what there is to know about our own planet, let alone the solar system, let alone the Milky Way, let alone the universe. Maybe we'll never know. But that does not mean I am just going to assume something that I think is baseless (my apologies to everyone, I'm just stating me beliefs, however foolish they may seem). If I don't know, and I can't find out, then I'll prefer saying that I don't know instead of using my imagination and spreading what could be false information. You never know how seriously someone could take certain things. In the past, it was not uncommon for the religious sort to abandon any attempt to help themselves in the belief that their 'God' will protect them, and ultimately succumb to their grievance. I do not want to have myself, or others that I care about, in a situation where they'd rather risk their well-being on something they are completely disconnected to, than to try and take control of the situation themselves...

PostSubject: Re: Ask a Non-Religious   

Back to top Go down

Ask a Non-Religious

View previous topic View next topic Back to top