Battle Zone
We think you should log in. Don't you?

This is the site for everything and anything you want to talk about. Want to discuss the latest games? Done. Want to have fun? Done. This is THE place to have a great time.

HomePortalFAQMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

How did you come across the inheritance cycle?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JudgeofMagic
Awesome Games are Awesome
Awesome Games are Awesome

PostSubject: How did you come across the inheritance cycle?   Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:59 pm

I first started reading the series in 6th grade.My English teacher gave us an assignment over Christmas break.We had to read Eragon and write a report on events in the book.I thought Eragon was just another stupid book assigned by the county,but after the first 5 chapters,I started to enjoy it.I came across Eldest when I was in 8th grade.I noticed Christopher Paolini was the author,so I checked it out.that is when I found out CP was writing a series.After that,I signed up on the inheritance forums and kept track of the series.That is how I found out about Brisingr and how I will find out about book 4.

So what got you started?
Back to top Go down
http://www.warriordomain.forumotion.com
Lord of you
Programmer
Programmer

PostSubject: Re: How did you come across the inheritance cycle?   Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:25 pm

My Aunt gave me the first book and I got hooked. My only problem with it is he has been taking his sweet time with the fourth book and he is driving me Crazy Nuts waiting.
Back to top Go down
Mozzie
OHNOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: How did you come across the inheritance cycle?   Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:14 am

Ah, well, I watched the movie first and the end was kinda left me wanting for more. Of course I didn't know anything that the movie wa based on a book, I liked it until one day, well, I was extremely bored. I went to shopping with my sister and I found this book Eragon. got hooked until I bought Eldest and Brisingr so, yeah. XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.wkyc.com/weather/severe_weather/cancellations_closing
VampireGiRL
Relieve THIS of duty Suckah!
Relieve THIS of duty Suckah!

PostSubject: Re: How did you come across the inheritance cycle?   Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:59 am

hmm..every summer I read books..so...I went to a book shop and I saw a blue book with a dragon,I find it interesting and I bought it..I know it'a fantastic and rare experience specially to go to a bookshop Razz
Back to top Go down
Naptime
Book Moderator

PostSubject: Re: How did you come across the inheritance cycle?   Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:11 am

I came across Eragon by browsing the flea market =x It looked old and battered (guess the person didnt take care of it), but that drew me to it...loved every word of it though from cover to cover.

cant wait for the 4th book :o
Back to top Go down
Urmudda0007
Royal Knight
Royal Knight

PostSubject: Re: How did you come across the inheritance cycle?   Thu May 27, 2010 6:59 pm

It was recommended by Sean (Sensei).

I normally don't like books being recommended for me (I get a weird sense of satisfaction for "discovering" my own books) but for Inheritance I'm glad it was recommended. A very good read.
Back to top Go down
Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: How did you come across the inheritance cycle?   Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:48 pm

My one bestie had it, and I read the first few pages while he was eating lunch. Got hooked. Got my own copy. Read it. He got Eldest. I stole it for 6 months. Read it. Gave it back, so he could read it for first time XD

Back to top Go down
http://battlezone.forumotion.net/
Lone Wolf
I am such a post-wh*re and I am proud of it.

PostSubject: Re: How did you come across the inheritance cycle?   Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:19 pm

Lol Rain, wish I could do the same.

Thorned Hope
I Like Cheese

PostSubject: Re: How did you come across the inheritance cycle?   Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:13 pm

Friend recommended it too me. Stole her book for 2weeks. Then she said there was another I went to the library and read it..along with Brisingr.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
I am such a post-wh*re and I am proud of it.

PostSubject: Re: How did you come across the inheritance cycle?   Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:58 am

Meh well me? well.......

Mum brought it for me Xmas present 3 years agoish I think, and then I brought Eldest and Brisingr, What can I say? I WAS HOOKED!

Artrain
Eternally lazy

PostSubject: Re: How did you come across the inheritance cycle?   Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:07 pm

Urmudda0007 wrote:

I normally don't like books being recommended for me (I get a weird sense of satisfaction for "discovering" my own books) but for Inheritance I'm glad it was recommended. A very good read.
Oh, you stole my words Urmudda. I also usually find and read my own books. These ones though, I took when a friend who is a real reader himself gave 'em to me to try out last year. Read them in my PLs before the exams. I had watched the movie first, and was skeptical about the quality of the books, but I'm glad now that he forced me to borrow them for a while...

Programmer
Programmer

PostSubject: Re: How did you come across the inheritance cycle?   Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:09 am

:J I saw it on a poster... Went to the bookstore, got it, read, liked it, fanficted it, then got tired of it, found this place. :J Got into it again. no idea how.
Back to top Go down
Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: How did you come across the inheritance cycle?   Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:30 pm

Wows Feral...

You know, I think my copy of Eragon is so beat up it isn't even funny at this point.

Back to top Go down
Assassino
*POOF* Err....Jack Has Gone on Vacation...Permanently.

PostSubject: Re: How did you come across the inheritance cycle?   Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:33 pm

Watched the comercial for the Eragon movie. Bought the book and liked it. Read the other books, liked them as well. Then watched the movie and hated it.

The Night Angel

PostSubject: Re: How did you come across the inheritance cycle?   Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:59 pm

A librarian recommended the cycle to me. Then I just became addicted to them.
Back to top Go down
Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: How did you come across the inheritance cycle?   Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:00 am

Haha, I've gotten a bunch of people addicted to the Cycle like that.

As I think I've said before, I just kinda got it for a BDay randomly. That started the spark.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How did you come across the inheritance cycle?   

Back to top Go down

How did you come across the inheritance cycle?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top