Battle Zone
We think you should log in. Don't you?

This is the site for everything and anything you want to talk about. Want to discuss the latest games? Done. Want to have fun? Done. This is THE place to have a great time.

HomePortalFAQMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Christianity

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Christianity   Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:26 am

I used to be a Christian, but that was a while back.

Basically this is where you can talk about anything that has to do with Christian beliefs. You can talk about Catholic or Protestant sides of it, whatever. AS long as it has to do with something Christian.
Back to top Go down
http://battlezone.forumotion.net/
Lone Wolf
I am such a post-wh*re and I am proud of it.

PostSubject: Re: Christianity   Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:45 am

SO why are you not now?

I am a baptist Cristian.

Different to your average Catholic.
Back to top Go down
Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: Christianity   Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:49 am

I just found that a lot of stuff didn't add up, and didn't like all the stuff they were trying to tell me and stuff. Basically, I found that being an Agnostic fit me better.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with a decent amount that Christianity says, but not most of it.
Back to top Go down
Mozzie
OHNOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: Christianity   Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:28 am

Oh well, you already know that I am a Catholic or a Christian. If you want to ask questions about why I believe this and that, just aske me and I will answer you as best as I can.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wkyc.com/weather/severe_weather/cancellations_closing
Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: Christianity   Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:01 am

SBF, what's the difference between baptist Christian and the others?

Back to top Go down
Feral
Programmer
Programmer

PostSubject: Re: Christianity   Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:23 am

I am orthodox, which is similar to Christianity..only more strict. I am not saying christianity is loose, but orthodoxy has more rules.

does Christianity support divorce?
Back to top Go down
Mozzie
OHNOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: Christianity   Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:28 am

Orthodox is almost the same as Christianity right Feral? If not, then I need to ask Gabs (Sinitar)

Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, christianity never support divorce. It has been stated that once you marry someone in a church or under divine law, you are bound to it or as how I know it.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Programmer
Programmer

PostSubject: Re: Christianity   Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:36 am

it kinda depends. we have different meanings to things. I should start a thread. Hmm... thinking......
Back to top Go down
Artrain
Eternally lazy

PostSubject: Re: Christianity   Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:36 pm

I don't know whats the difference with these 'Roman Catholic' and 'Baptist' and simply 'Catholic' Christians either. Any of you guys want to tell me?

I also wanted to ask you Christians about whether you believe there to be other gods apart from your Christ. What was there before he was born? Whom did the people worship then?

Chatz Master
Chatz Master

PostSubject: Re: Christianity   Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:23 am

Well I'm not catholic and I don't know much about catholic. I am a luthern. What is the main difference between the two? Does anyone know?
Back to top Go down
Mozzie
OHNOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: Christianity   Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:36 am

I didn't know that you are a lutheran Keith, though, I don't know what lutheran people do. Hammer Death Who do you worship? (if you are worshipping someone like a god) Also, what do you call your religion? Lutherianism? (Just a guess)
Back to top Go down
Twin Dagger
Chatz Master
Chatz Master

PostSubject: Re: Christianity   Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:41 am

well no luthern is a form of christianity like catholic is a different form. we worship God just like you do there are actually very simaler but i have been told that they are very close but yet very far away.
Back to top Go down
Lord of you
Programmer
Programmer

PostSubject: Re: Christianity   Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:01 pm

Okay I am Seventh Day Adventist. Ya I know you probably never heard of it. I just believe what they teach is anyone else Worship And if anyone else is add me to your friend list.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Programmer
Programmer

PostSubject: Re: Christianity   Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:16 pm

well, I have only heard of that religion vaguely. Reading it triggered the memory. Anyway,

artrain, even if two or three or even four religions believe in god, they still have different celebrations, and different meanings and symbols to things. any type of Christian believes in god, that or they are something else. I cant really answer the last question, because Im orthodox, but I can say what we believe in?

well, Jesus was still there, just not in human form.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Christianity   Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:33 am

Baptists are a group of Christian denominations, churches, and individuals who subscribe to a theology of believer's baptism (as opposed to infant baptism), salvation through faith alone, Scripture alone as the rule of faith and practice, and the autonomy of the local church. They are generally characterized by the practice of immersion (as opposed to affusion or sprinkling) and a disavowal of authoritative creeds. Baptist churches are regarded as falling within the family of Protestantism, and some churches or individuals further identify with evangelicalism or fundamentalism. Diverse from their beginning, those identifying as Baptists today differ widely from one another in what they believe, how they worship, their attitudes toward other Christians, and their understanding of what is important in Christian discipleship.

Baptists number over 110 million worldwide in more than 220,000 congregations and are considered the largest world communion of Protestants. 2009 marked the 400th anniversary of the first Baptist congregation.

There you go rain.

Lord of you
Programmer
Programmer

PostSubject: Re: Christianity   Sun May 30, 2010 5:59 pm

Most Christians believe the same thing don't we? I mean we beleive in the Bible most of us anyway. We believe in the creation, the Flood, and so on and so forth are religion's just have some differences but not as far apart as people believe. For example Catholics believe that Gods day the Sabbath was changed to Sunday and others do to, But other religions believe that Saturday is still the Sabbath, I am one of them, I just don't see why so many people make such a big deal out of someones religion being different because they are really not that far apart as people make them out to be.
Back to top Go down
Captain Tezuka
I am picking my nose with a back scratcher. Got a problem with that?

PostSubject: Re: Christianity   Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:25 am

Noumenon wrote:
I am orthodox, which is similar to Christianity..only more strict. I am not saying christianity is loose, but orthodoxy has more rules.

does Christianity support divorce?

Feral. As Christians, the bible says it's only okay to divorce if the other spouse is cheating on you, and wants to leave. That's the only time it's considered acceptable...although many Christians these days are bending that rule and it makes me sad.

TBF Wrote:
Most Christians believe the same thing don't we? I mean we beleive in the Bible most of us anyway. We believe in the creation, the Flood, and so on and so forth are religion's just have some differences but not as far apart as people believe. For example Catholics believe that Gods day the Sabbath was changed to Sunday and others do to, But other religions believe that Saturday is still the Sabbath, I am one of them, I just don't see why so many people make such a big deal out of someones religion being different because they are really not that far apart as people make them out to be.

There are some large differances in beliefs with Christians, for instance, Baptists don't believe in any Alchohol and dancing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/Obstinatus
Assassino
*POOF* Err....Jack Has Gone on Vacation...Permanently.

PostSubject: Re: Christianity   Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:05 pm

I just have a question for you Christians. I wonder, how was your God created?
Back to top Go down
Captain Tezuka

PostSubject: Re: Christianity   Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:54 pm

We believe he is eternal. No begining, no end. We believe he just IS. And that humans can never really comprehend it.
Back to top Go down
Assassino

PostSubject: Re: Christianity   Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:56 am

Alright. But how do you know that your god is the only god and not some of the many thousands of other gods that have been worshiped durring known human history?
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Christianity   Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:07 am

Captain Tezuka wrote:
There are some large differances in beliefs with Christians, for instance, Baptists don't believe in any Alchohol and dancing.

I Consider myself a Baptist, yet I have never come across, No drinking and no Dancing before, and its weird cos my dad went to a Baptist college and became a pastor, so i spent a bit of time there.;... Never come across that one before tho.....

Because Yes I dance, when forced too....

And Yes I drink....

Captain Tezuka

PostSubject: Re: Christianity   Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:14 am

Fallen Rage wrote:
Captain Tezuka wrote:

I Consider myself a Baptist, yet I have never come across, No drinking and no Dancing before, and its weird cos my dad went to a Baptist college and became a pastor, so i spent a bit of time there.;... Never come across that one before tho.....

Because Yes I dance, when forced too....

And Yes I drink....

Lol. There must be a differance between Souther Baptists and...New Zealand Baptists. I'm pretty level with Baptists, just a little looser on some subjects then they are.
Back to top Go down
Assassino

PostSubject: Re: Christianity   Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:48 pm

How do you know that your god is the right god or that there is a god at all? And why would an all powerful being care about us at all?
Back to top Go down
Sophia
Guitar God
Guitar God

PostSubject: Re: Christianity   Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:46 am

Well I'm certainly not religious (anymore) but I am far too informed about this so I thought I'd answer some of the questions...not the ones regarding why Christians believe what they believe, because although I guess I got answers for that, but I’ll leave it to those who will actually be sharing their own beliefs and reasons I think.
Rain Stinks wrote:
SBF, what's the difference between baptist Christian and the others?
Well I think that Zach explained this one, but the faith basically stems from the idea that children should not be baptised soon after birth. They believe that only adults in a faith should be baptised.
Noumenon wrote:
Catholicism and Orthodox Christianity were originally a whole belief. In the first few centuries the two main religious centres for Christianity in the world were Rome and Constantinople. Sometime after the year 1000 the two places separated forming two different faiths. To this day Christianity and Orthodoxy remain pretty similar, sharing almost the same beliefs, and Orthodoxy is not stricter than Catholicism as far as I’m aware. Though it is far less lenient than the various other denominations.
Artrain wrote:
I don't know whats the difference with these 'Roman Catholic' and 'Baptist' and simply 'Catholic' Christians either. Any of you guys want to tell me?
I also wanted to ask you Christians about whether you believe there to be other gods apart from your Christ. What was there before he was born? Whom did the people worship then?
The four main branches of Christianity are Catholicism, Protestantism, the Eastern Orthodox and Oriental Orthodox. There are also various other lesser denominations across the world. Each follows different teachings but with the overall Christian belief in the Holy Trinity. Catholicism was the original worldwide faith. (Catholic and Roman Catholic are one and the same – the ‘Roman’ part is just describing how the Catholic Church is based in Rome). There are also various other smaller denominations, one of which is Baptist Christianity. Overall each of these denominations has the same beliefs in God, but different views on how the faith should be put into practice and different ideas on ‘the best way to live’. For example, someone mentioned divorced. Catholics believe that divorce and remarriage is the same as adultery, that once you marry someone you are bound with them for the rest of your live. Protestants on the other hand don’t have a problem with divorce, whilst Methodists share the beliefs of Catholics, and Baptists are inconclusive. Some have no problem with divorce whilst others do not support it. So even within denominations different views exist. Originally Catholicism was the one belief, the Protestant church was established at some point in the sixteenth century by those who didn’t agree with the practices of Catholicism, various other branches were created at a similar point and also later on.
And in answer to the second lot of questions(hope it’s okay that I talk about this, you did say ‘you Christians’ but anyway, Christians believe in the Holy Trinity, which is made up of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, i.e. God, Jesus. A triune God that is itself a single entity. They believe that God always existed, and his son Christ was sent to Earth at the time when he was to reaffirm people’s beliefs and to save the people. It was his death that made it possible for people to repent and have their sins forgiven. The faith is based in Christ’s teachings, but they also accept all the teachings of the Prophets that came before him.
Death Knight wrote:
Well I'm not catholic and I don't know much about catholic. I am a luthern. What is the main difference between the two? Does anyone know?
Right well this is all I’ve got in regard to the differences: Catholics believe that to be a part of their faith and practice Catholicism well you must be baptised and united with God. You have to practices the Catholic virtues. (I won’t get into that) On the other hand Lutherans (sorry I’m kind of telling you about your own faith here) but basically, as you’ll know they believe that all you need is faith in God. There is also of course the fact that Catholics believe in the Pope as a religious authority on Earth whereas Lutherans believe only in following God. There are probably other things I’m not aware of but as far as I know other than what I’ve said the two denominations are pretty similar.
Back to top Go down
Artrain
Eternally lazy

PostSubject: Re: Christianity   Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:13 pm

Hmmm... wrote:

And in answer to the second lot of questions(hope it’s okay that I talk about this, you did say ‘you Christians’ but anyway, Christians believe in the Holy Trinity, which is made up of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, i.e. God, Jesus. A triune God that is itself a single entity. They believe that God always existed, and his son Christ was sent to Earth at the time when he was to reaffirm people’s beliefs and to save the people. It was his death that made it possible for people to repent and have their sins forgiven. The faith is based in Christ’s teachings, but they also accept all the teachings of the Prophets that came before him.
My question is, did the Christians discover their god after Christ was born, or were they aware of him even before it? To say god always existed is very easy now. I was wondering if the people who lived in the "B.C." realized that or not. And if they did, what/how was his nature?

PostSubject: Re: Christianity   

Back to top Go down

Christianity

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Battle Zone :: Discussions :: General Discussions :: Bickering About Religion.-
Jump to: