Battle Zone
We think you should log in. Don't you?

This is the site for everything and anything you want to talk about. Want to discuss the latest games? Done. Want to have fun? Done. This is THE place to have a great time.

HomePortalFAQMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Christianity

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Lone Wolf
I am such a post-wh*re and I am proud of it.

PostSubject: Re: Christianity   Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:02 pm

Dear Radical Rabbit, when replying to someone or multiple persons, please use the multi-quote button, I show you how to do so, mum.

Radical Rabbit
Fighter
Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Christianity   Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:40 pm

Professor Black wrote:
Dear Radical Rabbit, when replying to someone or multiple persons, please use the multi-quote button, I show you how to do so, mum.

Sir? YES SIR!

wanna make me a coffee now please?
Back to top Go down
Feral
Programmer
Programmer

PostSubject: Re: Christianity   Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:17 am

Question:

Isn't Christianity a protestant belief? Like, they make things different from the early church? Eg; God's prayer, protestant Christians end it

Quote :
Protect us from evil

But, the correct translation from the original version of the bible (written in something called 'kaine greek' I think) is:

Quote :
Protect us from the evil one

For those who don't understand, the early church was a church formed by Christ. As some priests began to preach differently than the word of god; they split from the church, and made there own protestant belief. (That's what I was taught)

Oh yeah, do you believe in the father, the son, and the holy spirit as one being?
Back to top Go down
Artrain
Eternally lazy

PostSubject: Re: Christianity   Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:00 am

Radical Rabbit wrote:
Harry Potter wrote:

At the rate we are going, humans are responsible for extinction on one species every 20 minutes or so. I don't think we can take care of anybody but ourselves to be honest...
I am not so sure that we are doing a gret job of that to be honest.
Of course we aren't. I'm asking how does that come into the equation? How can god allow the desecration and extinction of all of his other creation just so that we can stay alive?

They, these lesser creatures as someone said, have take care of our planet long before we were born. They have maintained the cycle of nature. They are essentially responsible for everything that we have today on this Earth. But yet why would it be okay for us kill them all and still have no repercussions, or any sort of after effect? What I'm asking is just if the Bible provides us with any sort of license to do what we are currently doing. And if it doesn't, then how can you still expect god to back us up while we go about putting an end to his other creations?

Albus Dumbledore wrote:
All of the Fossils out there are proof that there was a world wide flood. Fossils are not easy to create it takes catastrophic events like a flood and the animals being buried Instantly with Earth and mud without fresh oxygen to rot the flesh of the animals. A flood would do that especially a world wide one.
Not exactly. There is not need for a flood really. All fossilization requires is geological pressures when the creature is buried. And of course, it has got to have some toughened parts like exoskeleton, or chitinous skin, and bones to make fossils. Fossilization of soft tissue is extremely rare, so that would explain why a flood won't have caused many of those. And a flood is a devastating thing you know. Especially if you believe it to have covered the whole of Earth. Imagine the tsunamis that we had. They just covered some hundred square kilometers. A flood to cover the whole earth would be thousands of times bigger than any tsunami. That much destructive hydraulic power would not tend to preserve anything. It would just destroy everything, including the hard toughened parts that usually form fossils.

Albus Dumbledore wrote:

Not now no. But before Adam and Eve were Tempted by Satan they were the caretakers of the animals.
So you are saying that all of us are tempted by Satan now, since no one of us really cares for animals?

Radical Rabbit wrote:
Professor Black wrote:

Sir? YES SIR!

wanna make me a coffee now please?
Can I get one too? Razz

Fighter
Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Christianity   Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:53 am

I who said I share?
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
I am such a post-wh*re and I am proud of it.

PostSubject: Re: Christianity   Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:01 am

Not you, but me making them, you got one I got one, and uncle Ar got one.

On a Side note, Please get back on topic.

Artrain
Eternally lazy

PostSubject: Re: Christianity   Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:38 pm

The showed a episode some days ago on some channel (probably Discovery or Fox History or National Geographic), it was titled "The Machines of Malice". What it showed were basically the machines or the torture equipments used in and before the 1800s by the church to punish people who had committed blasphemy, or said anything against the church, or supported the practice of another religion. I want to ask some questions on that, but before I begin, I'll list out the equipments they did show. I'll warn beforehand that they won't be nice to read about.

They started of with the "rack" as it was called: Image The torture victim's hands and legs were strapped, and then tension was applied to the rope which bound the victim's legs. After enough tension, the victim's hands came out of his sockets and there was incredible amount of pain due to muscle tears.
Then was skull crusher: Image As the name suggests, this was intended to be used for punishment, not torture. It killed the victim. There were similar machines used to crush knees and fingers of a person if only pain was desired to be produced.
Finally the notorious one. The pear:
Image It was a very small device, barely as long as a person's hand, and shaped rather delicately. The knob on the end was twisted and the screw mechanism caused the pear shaped part to blossom open like a flower: Image Why was this notorious? Because it was put inside a person's mouth, and then opened which caused his jaws to be damaged in cases where the person had spoken against the church. For people who were homosexuals, or for women who had committed adultery, this device was used on the sexual organs.

These are the few of the machines that were used by the church for punishments and tortures, and what's more, is that they were carried out in the name of god obviously. You might be horrified by them now, but people in those days accepted these devices. My question is, why did the church stop using them? Did god's opinions regarding torture and punishment change as the centuries passed? Or was the church in those days not attuned to god, but merely pretending it?

OHNOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: Christianity   Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:02 am

>.> Those things.... :l

Anyway Artrain, I think those people who used those tools to punish those people were not, in any form, people of God. They might've said that they were but they weren't. I know people from yyeeeeeeaarrrss ago claimed that it was just right but, I think they just misinterpreted the bible or whatever they were using at that time and thought that people who were against the church were people of Satan or something like that... I'm not sure but just my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wkyc.com/weather/severe_weather/cancellations_closing
Artrain
Eternally lazy

PostSubject: Re: Christianity   Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:11 am

Yes, I know. The problem is, in those day almost everyone thought so. Not just a few people who undertook these tortures and punishments, but also the citizens in general. No one did anything to oppose it. It was an accepted part of society. Clearly you think that those people who did all such things weren't the people of god. So my next question would be, if those people weren't, who's to say that the people today, are?

OHNOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: Christianity   Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:33 am

Artrain wrote:
Yes, I know. The problem is, in those day almost everyone thought so. Not just a few people who undertook these tortures and punishments, but also the citizens in general. No one did anything to oppose it. It was an accepted part of society.
Yes, it was acepted but that was because church rule the people...

Quote :
Clearly you think that those people who did all such things weren't the people of god. So my next question would be, if those people weren't, who's to say that the people today, are?
I'm not saying that people today are the people of god. I can't say I'm one of those people or whatever but if someone asks me, I say that it's not about religion that defines who you truly are... or what a society really is...

True, religion has a strong impact on how people lead their life and most importantly, how they treat others and such, but, as long as they're doing good deeds to others, I see no point in questions like 'are you one of the people of god?'... :l
Back to top Go down
http://www.wkyc.com/weather/severe_weather/cancellations_closing
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christianity   

Back to top Go down

Christianity

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Battle Zone :: Discussions :: General Discussions :: Bickering About Religion.-
Jump to: