Battle Zone
We think you should log in. Don't you?


This is the site for everything and anything you want to talk about. Want to discuss the latest games? Done. Want to have fun? Done. This is THE place to have a great time.
 
HomePortalFAQMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 What worries you??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
Lone Wolf
I am such a post-wh*re and I am proud of it.
avatar

Join date : 2010-03-09
Rank : Technical Admin / Webmaster

Posts : 2523


PostSubject: Re: What worries you??   Wed May 19, 2010 8:44 pm

YOU MUST WIN EVEN IF I NEED TO COME OVER THERE AND ENSURE IT JOM!

_________________
There are so many people out there who say, "You can't."
What you have to do is turn around and say, "Watch me."
Back to top Go down
Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master
avatar

Join date : 2010-03-04
Rank : Head Admin / Site Owner

Posts : 7269


PostSubject: Re: What worries you??   Wed May 19, 2010 8:52 pm

I'm also worried about CC...Somethings wrong and she says she'll only talk to Janelle about it...

_________________
As authors, it is our Duty
To create lovable, enticing Characters
And do horrible, evil things to Them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://battlezone.forumotion.net/
Twin Dagger
Chatz Master
Chatz Master
avatar

Join date : 2010-04-04
Rank : Ex staff

Posts : 2192


PostSubject: Re: What worries you??   Wed May 19, 2010 10:27 pm

Too many things to list them right now.
Back to top Go down
Great Pharoah Ramses II
Half-Wit Programmer
Half-Wit Programmer
avatar

Join date : 2010-04-13
Posts : 177


PostSubject: Re: What worries you??   Thu May 20, 2010 4:42 pm

That I'm sinking. My project is suffering, my entire family is overworked, and there's just too much stuff to handle. Compared to the stresses of real life (nothing terribly bad, just stressful, you know), this place seems like a wonderland!

But, other than that, worrying about CC as well. And now JoM's very important fight coming up! (why did you even take that bet!!?!?)
Back to top Go down
http://www.schoolsforhumanity.org
JudgeofMagic
Awesome Games are Awesome
Awesome Games are Awesome
avatar

Join date : 2010-04-07
Rank : Discussions Moderator

Posts : 257


PostSubject: Re: What worries you??   Sat May 22, 2010 12:12 am

judgeofmagic wrote:
I worry about the day when I will have to fight a person who was once my best friend.We promised to fight one day,and if I win,he will leave the gang he joined.If I lose,I will lose my best firend forever.I cannot afford to lose.So mainly I worry about whether or not my fighting abilities are good enough to save my friend.

Rain Stinks wrote:
Seeing that post makes me worry...

Death Knight wrote:
I am worried for JoM. If it is meant to be you will win or he will see how important of a friend he is and come back.

Demon Hunter wrote:
YOU MUST WIN EVEN IF I NEED TO COME OVER THERE AND ENSURE IT JOM!

The Great Pharaoh Ramses! wrote:
That I'm sinking. My project is suffering, my entire family is overworked, and there's just too much stuff to handle. Compared to the stresses of real life (nothing terribly bad, just stressful, you know), this place seems like a wonderland!

But, other than that, worrying about CC as well. And now JoM's very important fight coming up! (why did you even take that bet!!?!?)
Thanks for your support guys.Ramses,I took this bet because I cannot bear the fact that I ever hung out with somebody so mean.Also,I notice he still has some good in him.He has asked the gang not to attack any of his old friends,and they have honored that request.I must win to make him see he can become stronger and still be kind.He is the type who hides his true nature behind cruel acts,but I know him better than that.That is why I took the bet.

Death Knight,thanks for your wisdom.All I need to do is have faith.

And Demon Hunter,I will do whatever is within my abilities to win.Thanks for your enthusiasm,but this is my personal battle.

Finally,RainStinks.Do not worry about me.He will not try to permanently injure me.He only wants me to give up on trying to help him,which I will not.

Thanks to everybody.Tommorrow is the day we fight.Please pray for me to win.He has always been a better fighter than me.However,I believe I can win this time because I have a reason that will keep me going long past when I would give up ordinarily.I have never had such a strong reason to fight before.Now that I do,I will be strong enough to do what needs to be done to save my friend.I will let you know how everything goes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.warriordomain.forum-motion.net
Great Pharoah Ramses II
Half-Wit Programmer
Half-Wit Programmer
avatar

Join date : 2010-04-13
Posts : 177


PostSubject: Re: What worries you??   Sat May 22, 2010 4:47 am

judgeofmagic wrote:
Thanks for your support guys.Ramses,I took this bet because I cannot bear the fact that I ever hung out with somebody so mean.Also,I notice he still has some good in him.He has asked the gang not to attack any of his old friends,and they have honored that request.I must win to make him see he can become stronger and still be kind.He is the type who hides his true nature behind cruel acts,but I know him better than that.That is why I took the bet.

Death Knight,thanks for your wisdom.All I need to do is have faith.

And Demon Hunter,I will do whatever is within my abilities to win.Thanks for your enthusiasm,but this is my personal battle.

Finally,RainStinks.Do not worry about me.He will not try to permanently injure me.He only wants me to give up on trying to help him,which I will not.

Thanks to everybody.Tommorrow is the day we fight.Please pray for me to win.He has always been a better fighter than me.However,I believe I can win this time because I have a reason that will keep me going long past when I would give up ordinarily.I have never had such a strong reason to fight before.Now that I do,I will be strong enough to do what needs to be done to save my friend.I will let you know how everything goes.
Okay JoM, quick crash course in defense/offense. You probably already know this, or you will have already gone through with your fight before you rrad it, but either way, I feel compelled to give you the following advice.

1) Remember that, no matter what position you are in, there is always a way out. This is a fundamental tenet of judo and other similar martial arts. You must learn to calm yourself and assess your situation, even while in positions of pain. This is very important.
2) I am not a very big guy, but my almost fool-proof strategy for victory when I used to spar with people more advanced and often much larger than me was to wear them down. I would concentrate on defensive strategy, staying out of reach, minimizing attack from my end, and forcing them to initiate any contact. It requires much more energy to attack than it does to defend. Now, I don't know what kind of fighter you or your friend are, but this almost always works for me.
3) If you are larger than your friend, try to stay far away, the force generated by your hands and feet during punches and kicks will grow exponentially as your extension lengthens. If you are smaller than your friend, try to stay inside his reach, this will minimize his effective movement and take away his size advantage if he has one.
4) Use your knees and elbows as much as your hands and feet. By concentrating the forge of impact on the points of your knees and elbows, you are not only multiplying the force generated, but you are also protecting the fragile bones and jooints in your knuckles and legs, thereby minimizing the chance of hurting yourself. Additionally, you will reduce the likelihood that your friend, the superior fighter that he is, will be able to grab hold of your extended feet and legs, thereby usung greater leverage to dislodge your center of gravity. Elbows and knees are powerful weapons, best used in the Muai Thai fighting style.
5) Concentrate your efforts on high impact, yet low-risk parts of your opponents body. The movies are total shit when it comes to this. DO NOT PUNCH HIM DIRECTLY IN THE FACE!! (Especially not the forehead as you will break your wrist before you cause him any significant harm) and try not to hit his jaw. He will probably hate you for that and you may end up with a couple of cracks in your wrist as a result. The best areas are knees (sideways kicks to the knees) and just under the collarbone by your shoulder. Those muscles and nerve endings are usually very sensitive and can cause your opponent to lose most if not all of their significant fighting ability without causing any permanent harm.
6) A well-placed punch to the ribs is also a good tactic. Try not to punch straught at his abs as most people with fighting experience can work through those since well-developed abs are like kevlar for hand-to-hand combat. However, th upper ribs on the sides are rarely covered by any significant protective muscle and are thus highly vulnerable to attack. Besides, they hurt like a B****!!
7) Try to get him off of his center of gravity. Hard to explain tactics, but if you find yourself in a standing wrestle, try to either use his momentum against him, or push on his upper body while also pulling back on his legs and lower body with your leg, this should create enough force to send him to the ground.

But, most of all, be quick and cunning. Fights are more often decided by the one with better dtrategy than by the one with more brawn.

I hate to even be giving this kind of advice as I am a firm believer in the defensive arts. But, nonetheless, I thought I should write them anyway... I've had my fair share of fights before, albeit mostly in controlled environments, but almost always against those larger and more skilled than I. But, I can emerge victorious because combat is a battle of wit and wills, not strength.

Email me directly if you have any questions (ramses936@gmail.com). Again, you may already know all this....

Anyway, good luck.
--Ramses
Back to top Go down
http://www.schoolsforhumanity.org
JudgeofMagic
Awesome Games are Awesome
Awesome Games are Awesome
avatar

Join date : 2010-04-07
Rank : Discussions Moderator

Posts : 257


PostSubject: Re: What worries you??   Sat May 22, 2010 5:36 pm

The Great Pharaoh Ramses! wrote:
judgeofmagic wrote:
Thanks for your support guys.Ramses,I took this bet because I cannot bear the fact that I ever hung out with somebody so mean.Also,I notice he still has some good in him.He has asked the gang not to attack any of his old friends,and they have honored that request.I must win to make him see he can become stronger and still be kind.He is the type who hides his true nature behind cruel acts,but I know him better than that.That is why I took the bet.

Death Knight,thanks for your wisdom.All I need to do is have faith.

And Demon Hunter,I will do whatever is within my abilities to win.Thanks for your enthusiasm,but this is my personal battle.

Finally,RainStinks.Do not worry about me.He will not try to permanently injure me.He only wants me to give up on trying to help him,which I will not.

Thanks to everybody.Tommorrow is the day we fight.Please pray for me to win.He has always been a better fighter than me.However,I believe I can win this time because I have a reason that will keep me going long past when I would give up ordinarily.I have never had such a strong reason to fight before.Now that I do,I will be strong enough to do what needs to be done to save my friend.I will let you know how everything goes.
Okay JoM, quick crash course in defense/offense. You probably already know this, or you will have already gone through with your fight before you rrad it, but either way, I feel compelled to give you the following advice.

1) Remember that, no matter what position you are in, there is always a way out. This is a fundamental tenet of judo and other similar martial arts. You must learn to calm yourself and assess your situation, even while in positions of pain. This is very important.
2) I am not a very big guy, but my almost fool-proof strategy for victory when I used to spar with people more advanced and often much larger than me was to wear them down. I would concentrate on defensive strategy, staying out of reach, minimizing attack from my end, and forcing them to initiate any contact. It requires much more energy to attack than it does to defend. Now, I don't know what kind of fighter you or your friend are, but this almost always works for me.
3) If you are larger than your friend, try to stay far away, the force generated by your hands and feet during punches and kicks will grow exponentially as your extension lengthens. If you are smaller than your friend, try to stay inside his reach, this will minimize his effective movement and take away his size advantage if he has one.
4) Use your knees and elbows as much as your hands and feet. By concentrating the forge of impact on the points of your knees and elbows, you are not only multiplying the force generated, but you are also protecting the fragile bones and jooints in your knuckles and legs, thereby minimizing the chance of hurting yourself. Additionally, you will reduce the likelihood that your friend, the superior fighter that he is, will be able to grab hold of your extended feet and legs, thereby usung greater leverage to dislodge your center of gravity. Elbows and knees are powerful weapons, best used in the Muai Thai fighting style.
5) Concentrate your efforts on high impact, yet low-risk parts of your opponents body. The movies are total shit when it comes to this. DO NOT PUNCH HIM DIRECTLY IN THE FACE!! (Especially not the forehead as you will break your wrist before you cause him any significant harm) and try not to hit his jaw. He will probably hate you for that and you may end up with a couple of cracks in your wrist as a result. The best areas are knees (sideways kicks to the knees) and just under the collarbone by your shoulder. Those muscles and nerve endings are usually very sensitive and can cause your opponent to lose most if not all of their significant fighting ability without causing any permanent harm.
6) A well-placed punch to the ribs is also a good tactic. Try not to punch straught at his abs as most people with fighting experience can work through those since well-developed abs are like kevlar for hand-to-hand combat. However, th upper ribs on the sides are rarely covered by any significant protective muscle and are thus highly vulnerable to attack. Besides, they hurt like a B****!!
7) Try to get him off of his center of gravity. Hard to explain tactics, but if you find yourself in a standing wrestle, try to either use his momentum against him, or push on his upper body while also pulling back on his legs and lower body with your leg, this should create enough force to send him to the ground.

But, most of all, be quick and cunning. Fights are more often decided by the one with better dtrategy than by the one with more brawn.

I hate to even be giving this kind of advice as I am a firm believer in the defensive arts. But, nonetheless, I thought I should write them anyway... I've had my fair share of fights before, albeit mostly in controlled environments, but almost always against those larger and more skilled than I. But, I can emerge victorious because combat is a battle of wit and wills, not strength.

Email me directly if you have any questions (ramses936@gmail.com). Again, you may already know all this....

Anyway, good luck.
--Ramses
Thanks Ramses.I did know all of this,but the part about calming myself was helpful.Despite all of my training,I still needed to be reminded not to let my emotions take over.I am a defensive fighter too.My opponent is an offensive fighter who has a high level of stamina and endurance.We were dead even in skill and physical abilities this time,so I did not win,but I did not lose either.The fight went on so long that the people witnessing it asked us to quit.I have a broken rib,and my opponent has a broken wrist and a twisted ankle,but neither of us were permanently injured.However,we are no longer friends. Crying or Very sad He left the gang,but he will not speak to me(except to remind me that he will settle the score with me).We are now enemies.Mom is about to get out of the military,and then we will move back home(I will not state where).Until then,I have to watch my back.If we fight again one more time before I move,I will fight him as I would any enemy and not as a person whom I'm trying to save.After that fight,I will thank him for all of the good times we had before he changed.Thanks to everyone for supporting me Smile .After today(5-22-10),let us not talk about this anymore.
Back to top Go down
http://www.warriordomain.forum-motion.net
Great Pharoah Ramses II
Half-Wit Programmer
Half-Wit Programmer
avatar

Join date : 2010-04-13
Posts : 177


PostSubject: Re: What worries you??   Sat May 22, 2010 6:09 pm

I'm guessing that he didn't exactly appreciate the broken wrist and ankle....

Well, I'm glad that all you came away with was a broken rib...it could have been much worse.But I'm sorry to hear about the fallout.

Upside: he's not part of the gang anymore. Downside: he hates you and is probably not very happy right now (luckily he needs a few months at least to heal before he can cause any real trouble.

Anyway...
Back to top Go down
http://www.schoolsforhumanity.org
JudgeofMagic
Awesome Games are Awesome
Awesome Games are Awesome
avatar

Join date : 2010-04-07
Rank : Discussions Moderator

Posts : 257


PostSubject: Re: What worries you??   Sat May 22, 2010 6:48 pm

Thanks Ramses.I wish that during this time of healing he would get over his anger and we become friends once again,but deep down I know it will never happen. No
I bear no grudge against him.My only worry now is whether or not he will become a better person.I,however,will have no contact with him either way.The friendship we had can never be restored to its previous level because in the back of our minds,we will remember this conflict.However,I will always remember and cherish the good times we had.
Back to top Go down
http://www.warriordomain.forum-motion.net
Great Pharoah Ramses II
Half-Wit Programmer
Half-Wit Programmer
avatar

Join date : 2010-04-13
Posts : 177


PostSubject: Re: What worries you??   Sat May 22, 2010 10:52 pm

A very mature outlook and I applaud you for it.

We cherish the good and learn from the bad. That's how we move forward.
Back to top Go down
http://www.schoolsforhumanity.org
Mozzie
OHNOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
avatar

Join date : 2010-03-04
Rank : Ex Staff

Posts : 5071


PostSubject: Re: What worries you??   Sun May 23, 2010 2:34 am

*reads posts above* *frowns* I feel for you JoM. =/

What makes me worry? My relationship with my sister. THat's all I'm saying. D=
Back to top Go down
http://www.wkyc.com/weather/severe_weather/cancellations_closing
Great Pharoah Ramses II
Half-Wit Programmer
Half-Wit Programmer
avatar

Join date : 2010-04-13
Posts : 177


PostSubject: Re: What worries you??   Sun May 23, 2010 3:47 pm

Giorgia wrote:
*reads posts above* *frowns* I feel for you JoM. =/

What makes me worry? My relationship with my sister. THat's all I'm saying. D=

GG, I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. I have no idea what kind of issues you're having, but having a not-so-solid relationship with your siblings is not easy. I feel for you deeply in this one. </3 *that's a broken heart, btw*
Back to top Go down
http://www.schoolsforhumanity.org
Twin Dagger
Chatz Master
Chatz Master
avatar

Join date : 2010-04-04
Rank : Ex staff

Posts : 2192


PostSubject: Re: What worries you??   Sun May 23, 2010 9:15 pm

Its not as deep as some of the ones on here but I worry that i might fail my research paper.
Back to top Go down
Lady Blood
Guitar God
Guitar God
avatar

Join date : 2010-03-10
Posts : 290


PostSubject: Re: What worries you??   Sun May 23, 2010 9:48 pm

i'm really worried that i'm going to lose another dad. u guys c my mom and her boyfreind who is like a dad to me have been fighting a lot and she said if they don't fix things then its over. also his parents own our house and they might lose it cuz of how far in debt they r. that means i have to move yet again and we don't have the money for that.
Back to top Go down
Mozzie
OHNOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
avatar

Join date : 2010-03-04
Rank : Ex Staff

Posts : 5071


PostSubject: Re: What worries you??   Sun May 23, 2010 11:24 pm

The Great Pharaoh Ramses! wrote:
Giorgia wrote:
*reads posts above* *frowns* I feel for you JoM. =/

What makes me worry? My relationship with my sister. THat's all I'm saying. D=

GG, I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. I have no idea what kind of issues you're having, but having a not-so-solid relationship with your siblings is not easy. I feel for you deeply in this one. </3 *that's a broken heart, btw*
Dude, it's gone now. Sad

Lady Blood wrote:
i'm really worried that i'm going to lose another dad. u guys c my mom and her boyfreind who is like a dad to me have been fighting a lot and she said if they don't fix things then its over. also his parents own our house and they might lose it cuz of how far in debt they r. that means i have to move yet again and we don't have the money for that.
O.o Sam! I don't know if this is the right place to discuss things like that on here. But, I am sorry.




P.S. Eehhh...well, use proper capitalization and spelling my dear friend. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.wkyc.com/weather/severe_weather/cancellations_closing
Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master
avatar

Join date : 2010-03-04
Rank : Head Admin / Site Owner

Posts : 7269


PostSubject: Re: What worries you??   Mon May 24, 2010 9:35 am

I'm worried that things will turn nasty now that I've ran away.

_________________
As authors, it is our Duty
To create lovable, enticing Characters
And do horrible, evil things to Them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://battlezone.forumotion.net/
Mozzie
OHNOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
avatar

Join date : 2010-03-04
Rank : Ex Staff

Posts : 5071


PostSubject: Re: What worries you??   Tue May 25, 2010 1:09 am

*reads post above* T_T

isn't it obvious? Of course I worry about Shane. I hope everything is alright now that he isn't home. Well, it's not a 'home' for him but I hope the people in where he is now is treating him right. =/
Back to top Go down
http://www.wkyc.com/weather/severe_weather/cancellations_closing
Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master
avatar

Join date : 2010-03-04
Rank : Head Admin / Site Owner

Posts : 7269


PostSubject: Re: What worries you??   Tue May 25, 2010 8:43 am

I'm worried about later today. They found me yesterday, and now I have to "talk it out" after school...

_________________
As authors, it is our Duty
To create lovable, enticing Characters
And do horrible, evil things to Them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://battlezone.forumotion.net/
Great Pharoah Ramses II
Half-Wit Programmer
Half-Wit Programmer
avatar

Join date : 2010-04-13
Posts : 177


PostSubject: Re: What worries you??   Tue May 25, 2010 2:30 pm

The above....I feel for you Shane, I really do.
Back to top Go down
http://www.schoolsforhumanity.org
Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master
avatar

Join date : 2010-03-04
Rank : Head Admin / Site Owner

Posts : 7269


PostSubject: Re: What worries you??   Wed May 26, 2010 9:15 am

I worried because now my grandma will be leaving, so it'll just be me and them.

_________________
As authors, it is our Duty
To create lovable, enticing Characters
And do horrible, evil things to Them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://battlezone.forumotion.net/
Mozzie
OHNOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
avatar

Join date : 2010-03-04
Rank : Ex Staff

Posts : 5071


PostSubject: Re: What worries you??   Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:33 pm

You'll be fine. Smile


I am worried about HIM ^. I saw the news on TV that a tornado hit Ohio pretty badly and that's where HE ^ lives! D: I hope he can still get on tonight.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wkyc.com/weather/severe_weather/cancellations_closing
Feral
Programmer
Programmer
avatar

Join date : 2010-03-31
Rank : Ex Staff

Posts : 465


PostSubject: Re: What worries you??   Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:04 am

Me is worried about gg, my friend, my other friend, my hand, and oh yes, the idea of people being in my room for a while.


Hope my dog bites them.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
I am such a post-wh*re and I am proud of it.
avatar

Join date : 2010-03-09
Rank : Technical Admin / Webmaster

Posts : 2523


PostSubject: Re: What worries you??   Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:15 am

Me is worried about me hand, me wonders if it will ever heal.

_________________
There are so many people out there who say, "You can't."
What you have to do is turn around and say, "Watch me."
Back to top Go down
Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master
avatar

Join date : 2010-03-04
Rank : Head Admin / Site Owner

Posts : 7269


PostSubject: Re: What worries you??   Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:59 pm

I worry about my arm and my mind, occasion.

_________________
As authors, it is our Duty
To create lovable, enticing Characters
And do horrible, evil things to Them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://battlezone.forumotion.net/
Lord of you
Programmer
Programmer
avatar

Join date : 2010-04-08
Posts : 642


PostSubject: Re: What worries you??   Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:50 am

I am worried about all the people on BZ. I mean seriously people, everyone here is arguing over a thousand different things and everyone is been mad lately, I mean what the heck this forum is supposed to be the place to have fun, Hello have any of you not noticed this? And yet everyone is at each others throats. Just please couldn't everyone just leave their troubles at the door and just forget about them for the time you are here? I am not saying this to just you either I am just as bad as the rest of you I am just saying that maybe we could stop this because we have many depressed members and it is really getting to me, I come here to talk with friends and I walk in on an argument. Please lets Just try to stop this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: What worries you??   

Back to top Go down
 

What worries you??

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 

 Similar topics

-
» I'm a belgian, so nothing worries me
Page 2 of 29Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Battle Zone :: Discussions :: General Discussions-
Jump to: