Battle Zone
We think you should log in. Don't you?

This is the site for everything and anything you want to talk about. Want to discuss the latest games? Done. Want to have fun? Done. This is THE place to have a great time.

HomePortalFAQMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Left Hander's Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Artrain
Eternally lazy

PostSubject: The Left Hander's Thread   Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:49 pm

Are you left or right handed? If you're a lefty, this is the place to state the problems that you have in daily life using your left hand, or what you like about being a lefty. Would you have preferred to be right handed?

I'll state some of my own hindrances:

The most common problem is using ink pens (yeah I still use them). While writing the hand trails over what I've written and obviously the ink is not dried by then so...

Another one that comes to mind is using scissors. Cannot use them a weeks time after buying them new. As soon as the lose a bit of sharpness then cutting paper seems tougher than rocket science. Just got fed up with it so these days I use my right hand while I want to cut anything.

And then there is driving. Where I come from, we have right-hand-drive vehicles. So the gear shifter is in the left hand, and steering wheel in the right. From the start shifting gears was never a problem for me, but when I'm doing that, my right hand on the steering wheel sort of stays still and so the car tends to wander a bit off the line. Its not much, because the shifting takes only a couple of seconds, but it is noticeable. My driving instructor spotted it and asked me if I was a lefty.

Thats it then, you are free to state your own experiences and troubles while using left hands if yer a lefty...

Mozzie
OHNOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: The Left Hander's Thread   Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:46 am

Ahehe.. I think your problem Artrain are the same as mine except for cutting things. I don't have any problems with it though. Hehehe... Also, what I really hate about being a lefty is when people ask me to use my right hand when holding a spoon. Heh, I can't do that otherwise I can't eat. But the best thing I like being a lefty, in all honesty, is when people seem shocked that I write using my left hand. Hehe.. somehow, that makes me feel a bit...special. XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.wkyc.com/weather/severe_weather/cancellations_closing
Lord of you
Programmer
Programmer

PostSubject: Re: The Left Hander's Thread   Tue May 04, 2010 7:20 pm

I am left handed too. I don't like that a lot of things are designed with write handed people in mind.

but here is a good saying and joke.

being left handed means you are in you right mind.
Back to top Go down
Mozzie
OHNOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: The Left Hander's Thread   Tue May 04, 2010 9:37 pm

LOL.... AGree to that TBF! And jeez, don't you think it's just unfair that in some schools, there are only chairs for right-handed people? jk XD
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
I am such a post-wh*re and I am proud of it.

PostSubject: Re: The Left Hander's Thread   Tue May 04, 2010 9:52 pm

Hmm.......... I am duel Handed if you know what that means

Naptime
Book Moderator

PostSubject: Re: The Left Hander's Thread   Sun May 16, 2010 2:15 pm

:o im a lefty too, and i completely agree with Artrain...ink pens and scissors are the bane of my existence >.<
Back to top Go down
Twin Dagger
Chatz Master
Chatz Master

PostSubject: Re: The Left Hander's Thread   Sun May 16, 2010 5:48 pm

Well im not left handed but I thought you might want you left handed people might want to know this. In the US you can actually get scholarships for college just because you are left handed so if you think that being left handed is unfair just remember that there is things for leftys that there isnt for rightys.
Back to top Go down
Sensei
Creative Moderator

PostSubject: Re: The Left Hander's Thread   Fri May 28, 2010 4:38 pm

I'm left-handed too!

Quote :
The most common problem is using ink pens (yeah I still use them). While writing the hand trails over what I've written and obviously the ink is not dried by then so...

Yeah this is so annoying....

The thing that gets me the most is guitars. I play left handed so whenever i go to peoples houses i can't play there guitar. Frustrating.
Back to top Go down
Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The Left Hander's Thread   Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:10 pm

I'm trying to learn how to write with my left hand. Really hard.

And one thing that I wonder for you Lefties old enough to drive:

How do you find driving a stick shift?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://battlezone.forumotion.net/
Virtuous
FRESH MEAT

PostSubject: Re: The Left Hander's Thread   Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:16 am

I'm was born a lefty, but I was forced to learn to write with my right hand. So I guess I don't have the same problems as you guys...all the fun of being a lefty with none of the drawbacks.
Back to top Go down
Mozzie
OHNOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: The Left Hander's Thread   Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:21 am

WHOA! Lucky you!

@SHane: Well, I drive an automatic car... XD Yep, that's all I know about it... xD xD
Back to top Go down
Artrain
Eternally lazy

PostSubject: Re: The Left Hander's Thread   Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:22 am

Rain Stinks wrote:

How do you find driving a stick shift?
Hah! Well I live in a country where we have right-hand drive vehicles, unlike in America, so the shift is in our left hands and the wheel in the right. There is a drawback though, which I've stated in me first post of the thread...

Sinitar
Discussions Moderator

PostSubject: Re: The Left Hander's Thread   Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:12 pm

How can left handers write the right things? If somebody else said it, shoot me please. I did not want to read every single reply Razz
Back to top Go down
Mozzie
OHNOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: The Left Hander's Thread   Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:18 am

Write the right things? :O What you mean Gabriel? XD

And LOL, I forgot, I can write backwards like normal, even writing in curves (?). Most lefty's can write like that, yes? *thinks*

And same here Artrain. ;)
Back to top Go down
Artrain
Eternally lazy

PostSubject: Re: The Left Hander's Thread   Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:40 pm

Sinitar wrote:
How can left handers write the right things? If somebody else said it, shoot me please. I did not want to read every single reply Razz
Eh? Who said we write right things? O.o

Giorgia wrote:

And LOL, I forgot, I can write backwards like normal, even writing in curves (?). Most lefty's can write like that, yes? *thinks*
Yup. I used to right from right to left when I was a kid. And used to confuse 'b' with 'd' even when I was 12- 13 years old. Wrote 'c' and '3' backwards most of the times. Took a long time to learn to write than normal right handed kids do. Parents thought I had a problem or something -__- but the teacher at school told them it happens sometimes with lefty kids...

Great Pharoah Ramses II
Half-Wit Programmer
Half-Wit Programmer

PostSubject: Re: The Left Hander's Thread   Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:23 pm

Well, you know, few people know this, but I am actually ambidextrous!

Yah, when I want to write in scribbles and create works of abstract art, I use my left hand. When I want to write in English and do just about anything else, I use my right hand!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!?!?
Back to top Go down
http://www.schoolsforhumanity.org
Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The Left Hander's Thread   Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:40 pm

Lmao
You know, that's the only reason why I'm working on writing with my left hand. So I can be ambidextrous.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://battlezone.forumotion.net/
Mozzie
OHNOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: The Left Hander's Thread   Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:14 pm

O.o Ambidextrous is such a good idea. But then again, my right hand is just so mean at all times. If you get my meaning. =_=
Back to top Go down
Artrain
Eternally lazy

PostSubject: Re: The Left Hander's Thread   Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:20 pm

Professor Riddle wrote:
O.o Ambidextrous is such a good idea. But then again, my right hand is just so mean at all times. If you get my meaning. =_=
Yea I getcha. Can't do nothin' right with my right hand if you get what I mean... Razz

Mozzie
OHNOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: The Left Hander's Thread   Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:27 pm

Rofl!! Artrain! Maybe that explains why were called leftys cos we can do nothing right with our ..... Right hand! XD xD
Back to top Go down
Fog of Nature
Creative Moderator

Rank : Global Moderator / Resident Pokemon Fanatic / The Original Sexy Beast

PostSubject: Re: The Left Hander's Thread   Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:28 pm

Useless ... ad I'm right handed Razz
Back to top Go down
http://agnph.com/fics/viewuser.php?uid=2366
Mozzie
OHNOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: The Left Hander's Thread   Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:32 pm

Rofl... I know the feeling, Lexieh. ;) Leftys rulez!!! tongue jk xD
Back to top Go down
Captain Tezuka
I am picking my nose with a back scratcher. Got a problem with that?

PostSubject: Re: The Left Hander's Thread   Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:21 pm

There is a lot of leftys here! I'm actually primarily ambidextorous. Except punching, my right arm is WAY strong then my left arm, because of Tennis. I'm working on that, though. I can write and play tennis lefty, and do pretty much anything lefty....I wish really bad that I had been born left handed though :\
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/Obstinatus
Mozzie
OHNOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: The Left Hander's Thread   Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:32 am

So, I was on google when I found this:

Quote :
Myths About Left-Handed People:

The term 'sinistrality' used to refer to left-handed people indicates demonic traits. This is the most ridiculous circulating the planet. In fact, the word 'sinistrality' is derived from the Latin word 'sinestra' which means 'left-handedness'. In the ancient Mesopotamian language, the term 'sinestra' was used to denote 'power'. Heh, I've been told.... -_- which sometimes I think is true. >.>

Left-handed people are commonly associated with clumsiness in all they do. This notion, totally false, is probably a distorted version of the translation of the phrase 'having two left feet'. While the phrase is used to relate to someone who can't dance, it is very wrongly associated with awkwardness and the left-handed. LOL!! So true, aye? Like I said, I've been told as well.. Laughing

Use of the left hand for eating is immoral and unholy. This myth was probably first spun by vague fanaticism. It is totally untrue. We make our social norms and abide by them. However, shunning a left-handed person who eats with his or her left hand does not even offer modern education credibility. Left-handed people show a more co-ordinated hand-to-mouth movement and that does not in any way make them, of all things, 'unholy'! Well, that is just what people really think. ANd yes I eat with my left-hand.

It is difficult for left-handed children to learn writing of the alphabet, without personal tutoring. Not true at all. Observe the left-handed toddler. Everyone else is more bothered about his left-handedness than he is himself. The left-handed child adapts to writing, drawing and all other activities that require him to hold a writing tool as early as the right-handed. In fact, many left-handed people display a neater handwriting than their right-handed colleagues. Hehehehehe... my mother used to pinch and hit me when I was still learning how to write seeing as I seemed to be a left-handed. In the end, she gave up. But jeez, that hurts.... and yea, I have noticed that too. The neater handwriting, that is. ALthough....

Lefties have a lesser chance of surviving a hand-to-hand combat. This is anything but true. History bears witness to the advantage left-handedness had during hand-to-hand combats and even within the boxing ring. In fact, a common observation is that the left-handed combatant is able to strike a strong surprise attack on the open, unprotected right side. LOL! I don't even know if you guys know Manny Pacquiao. THe boxing champion something... He use his left hand when he fight.... Just saying... -_-

Facts About Left-Handed People:

Left-handed people are many a times at a disadvantage using tools designed for the right-handed. Well this is true, but today, there is a whole range of tools and equipment being designed for left-handed people. Many right-handed tools too are available, such that they can be molded to suit the needs of the left-handed craftsman. Even the computer mouse has been challenged in use and the touch pad provides the left-handed professional equal opportunity. How I wish....

Left-handed people are high achievers. Yes. Research reveals that left-handed people are in fact high achievers. This is because their brains are structured to widen their abilities, an attribute that is genetic and on account of the enhanced governing of 'language centers' within the brain. A number of mathematical, artistic and sporting geniuses were and are left-handed. OKay.... But I am certainly not good in Maths. XD

Left-handedness is usually forced to right-handedness due to cultural impact. Sadly, this is the case across the globe. Many children are forced into right-handedness during the formative years. Cultural pressure is fast changing though due the impact of mass literacy on society. Didn't I say my parents we're doing that to me before? lol...

Left-handed people have a shorter lifespan than right-handed counterparts. Statistics reveal that left-handed people are more likely to succumb to accident fatalities and other injuries that arise out of a state of 'affliction'. This is mainly due to majority people in the world being right-handed and hence the overall design of utilities being designed to accommodate the majority. Left-Hander Syndrome is a condition that is seen in left-handed people who are forced to write with their right hand; thus causing a mental state of confusion. Oh dear boy.. -_-

Left-handed persons use visual stimulus to process information. Research reveals that people who are left-handed do not use the sequential processing style like their right-handed colleagues, to disseminate information. Instead they are good at applying themselves to multiple tasks with the help of the synthesis method of breaking down information and finding a solution. I don't know...

Well yea...

Back to top Go down
Lord of you
Programmer
Programmer

PostSubject: Re: The Left Hander's Thread   Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:15 pm

Lol Janelle that was funny. Not too sure about the shorter lifespan though...

I also read that people who stay up late and get up later are more intelligent. Weird I know but scientists did a study on it :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Left Hander's Thread   

Back to top Go down

The Left Hander's Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top