Battle Zone
We think you should log in. Don't you?

This is the site for everything and anything you want to talk about. Want to discuss the latest games? Done. Want to have fun? Done. This is THE place to have a great time.

HomePortalFAQMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Are any members vegetarian or vegan?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

How long have you been a vegetarian or a vegan?
Less than a month
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
1-6 months
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
6 Months-1 year
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
More than a year
50%
 50% [ 3 ]
Not a Vegetarian or Vegan
33%
 33% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
JudgeofMagic
Awesome Games are Awesome

PostSubject: Are any members vegetarian or vegan?   Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:00 pm

My AP Psychology teacher asked my class to come up with a survey about choices that people make in life and why they make these choices, so I am doing a survey about vegetarians since I am considering switching to a vegetarian life style. So for all vegetarians, how long have you been a vegetarian and why did you become one? Post about your point of views about being a vegetarian. I only ask that if anyone who is not a vegetarian posts here, please do not "attack" vegetarians by posting negative comments, even if you do not agree with their point of view.This means you can state reasons for or against vegetarianism,but do not discriminate by trying to embarrass members who are vegetarian (some people could be vegetarians for religious purposes). This will be counted as discrimination and be punished using the same consequences as any other form of discrimination.

Last edited by Rain Stinks on Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixing grammar)
Back to top Go down
http://www.warriordomain.forum-motion.net
Great Pharoah Ramses II
Half-Wit Programmer
Half-Wit Programmer

PostSubject: Re: Are any members vegetarian or vegan?   Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:52 pm

I'm vegetarian. Have been ever since I was 3 years old.

I became one because I was worried about my health. All that fried food was just clogging up my arteries... Smile

lol. It was actually for my father. We just kinda stuck with it though.

Vegetarianism is totally AWESOME!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.schoolsforhumanity.org
maith
FRESH MEAT

PostSubject: Re: Are any members vegetarian or vegan?   Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:53 am

For about 18 months, because my philosophy is this, if I don't have to kill animals to live then, why do it?
Back to top Go down
TheRedDragon
Fighter
Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Are any members vegetarian or vegan?   Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:55 am

I am not a vegetarian, but my friend is and she says its hard because at first you get sick but im not sure if its true?
Back to top Go down
Artrain
Eternally lazy

PostSubject: Re: Are any members vegetarian or vegan?   Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:46 am

I'm not a vegetarian myself, but lot of my friends are. Personally, I love eating non-veg too much to give it up, but if you are thinking about it, then there are lots of vegetarian dishes which are just as good. My mother's vegetarian, so obviously no meat is cooked in the house. To me personally, all the vegetable get a bit boring, but thats a personal taste.

Nutrition wise being a vegetarian is very healthy. Fats rarely come into play. It is lighter in my opinion. If you have any doubts that vegetarian food is harder to prepare and cook, throw them in the bin. It is terribly easy, though sometimes it might take a bit of time.

And I don't think you'd get sick by turning a vegy. Well nothing else to say...

Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: Are any members vegetarian or vegan?   Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:47 am

I'm not a Vegetarian or Vegan, but I have nothing against either group/belief.

However, you're slightly wrong Artrain. Vegetarians often suffer from lack of protein because they don't eat any meat. They usually end up not getting the stuff they need that comes from meat sources, and are therefore in a slight state of malnutrition.

On a side note, I added the "not Vegetarian/Vegan" option to the poll. I also went through and added spaces between your commas and periods and the next word. Please, people, use proper grammar to the best of your ability. It makes it soo much easier to read.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://battlezone.forumotion.net/
Artrain
Eternally lazy

PostSubject: Re: Are any members vegetarian or vegan?   Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:36 pm

Hmm maybe. Thing is, it depends upon your diet. When you are a vegan, the spectrum of what you can eat, and what kind of vitamins, proteins, carbs and other minerals you get from them widens considerable. Where I come from, in our vegetarian diet, there are always some or other form of pulses or beans, and they are most protein rich source of protein in a vegy diet. So if you prepare dishes which have beans/pulses/other types of sprouts in them, you won't have any deficiency in proteins...

Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: Are any members vegetarian or vegan?   Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:16 pm

I was talking about just Vegetarians. Truth be told, I don't know much of anything about Vegans. But yeah, it does depend upon the diet. It's just that most of the Vegetarians I know don't eat much in the way of protein and stuff. They're disgusted by beans and stuff, or afraid they'll fart or something...I don't know. They're kind of suffering though from it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://battlezone.forumotion.net/
Great Pharoah Ramses II
Half-Wit Programmer
Half-Wit Programmer

PostSubject: Re: Are any members vegetarian or vegan?   Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:45 pm

The protein argument isn't terribly valid because vegetarians still eat things like cheese, beans, sprouts, and all that. All of those are very high sources of protein. But, poor eating habits can definitely lead to lack of protein and other kinds of malnurishment.

As a rule, vegetarians are slightly mor conscious of their dietary habits than non-vegetarians simply by virtue of having a narrower diet. As far as fats are concerned, well, I can tell you that it isn't too difficult to get fat on a vegetarian diet. Just go on the taco bell diet Smile

And, besides all the digestive issues with meat, and the fact that it's only slightly cannibalistic (I mean, cows and humans share over 97% of our DNA), there is also another reason not to eat meat. Most people don't know this, but almost all meat contains a product called pureen (sp?). It's a substance which makes meat addictive.

For Veganism, I've tried ift for about a year some time ago. I found it to be very difficult. Anyone who can last as a vegan is very disciplined indeed. But, I found that, while we have evidence of vegetarian cultures (southern Indian certain South American tribes, etc. ) We have no evidence of a culture whose cuisine is based on a vegan diet...something about the lack of acidophilous.

.....I'm hungry
Back to top Go down
http://www.schoolsforhumanity.org
VampireGiRL
Relieve THIS of duty Suckah!
Relieve THIS of duty Suckah!

PostSubject: Re: Are any members vegetarian or vegan?   Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:22 pm

I don't eat meat but I don't think I would call myself a vegetarian, I simply do not like the taste and texture of meat, it repulses me and ever since I decided to stop eating it altogether I have not missed it at all! Everyone asks how I can stand it but it's not even a choice it is just a natural thing to me. Oh but I really do not like seeing animals being transported to abattoirs on trucks.
Back to top Go down
JudgeofMagic

PostSubject: Re: Are any members vegetarian or vegan?   Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:55 pm

VampireGiRL wrote:
I don't eat meat but I don't think I would call myself a vegetarian, I simply do not like the taste and texture of meat, it repulses me and ever since I decided to stop eating it altogether I have not missed it at all! Everyone asks how I can stand it but it's not even a choice it is just a natural thing to me. Oh but I really do not like seeing animals being transported to abattoirs on trucks.
Anyone who does not eat meat is considered a vegetarian.I support this decision.
Back to top Go down
http://www.warriordomain.forum-motion.net
Artrain
Eternally lazy

PostSubject: Re: Are any members vegetarian or vegan?   Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:15 am

Ramses wrote:

As a rule, vegetarians are slightly mor conscious of their dietary habits than non-vegetarians simply by virtue of having a narrower diet.
Narrower diet? Can you expand a bit on this, I'm not sure what you mean.

Ramses wrote:

We have no evidence of a culture whose cuisine is based on a vegan diet...something about the lack of acidophilous.
I'm not sure of this either. The reason why people in the areas you stated in your post are vegetarians is because their culture restricts intake of meat. Naturally, what they do prepare is totally based on a vegetarian diet...

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are any members vegetarian or vegan?   

Back to top Go down

Are any members vegetarian or vegan?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top