Battle Zone
We think you should log in. Don't you?

This is the site for everything and anything you want to talk about. Want to discuss the latest games? Done. Want to have fun? Done. This is THE place to have a great time.

HomePortalFAQMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Formula One

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Artrain
Eternally lazy

PostSubject: Formula One   Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:12 am

New Season!

There are twelve teams this season (three new teams joined in), which means twenty four cars. Lot of competition at all levels.

Ferrari seem to have improved a lot since last season which should be a good news for all the prancing horse supporters out there. McLaren Mercedes are not far behind though, and considering the size of the team, they should be up and running soon enough.

Another piece of great news was that Red Bull Racing team seem to be continuing where they left off last season. Vettel, their young and promising German driver is looking as competitive as ever, and they are incredibly good in the qualifying sessions. If they sort out the problems in the race like reliability issues and race strategies, they will be pretty much the top team.

Over to Mclaren, Hamilton is definitely going to be wanting to compete for the Driver's title, and so will be Jenson Button, his team mate and last year's driver's champion. It will have to be seen if Mclaren can provide them with a competitive car, and if they play favorites.

Schumacher's highly anticipated return is not going very dramatic, nothing extraordinary. His team mate and fellow German Nico Rosberg continues to outpace him in the qualifying and the main race. But Mercedes GP is seeming to be a decent team and with the skill both the drivers have got, it should definitely help them score points. Again the question is same, can they provide their drivers with a competitive car to win races? Currently, they are looking like a midfield team.

Overall, I think there's going to be a great battle between the above mentioned teams, and there are many other promising teams like Renault, Force India Mercedes, Torro Rosso that could break into the top.

With a bit different set off rules and new developments in the teams, it will be interesting to see if FIA have finally achieved their desire of promoting more overtakings.

If you watch this sport too, feel free to put up your comments and thoughts about your favorite drivers and teams...

Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: Formula One   Wed May 05, 2010 1:19 pm

I don't know much of anything about the sport, but I do watch it from time to time. I've always been confused by the rules, mainly because I don't ever see them. And the different flag stuff, and restarts, and everything...it just confuses me. But I enjoy the wrecks Awesome...in all seriousness, watching the races isn't half bad either.

Back to top Go down
http://battlezone.forumotion.net/
Artrain
Eternally lazy

PostSubject: Re: Formula One   Wed May 05, 2010 3:36 pm

*laughs* Yeah the rules are pretty simple when you get used to them. The basic ones are laid down at the start of the season, like this time there is a rule that no re-fueling will be allowed. The more intricate rules that need to be taken into consideration if a driver 'cheats' during the race are taken care of by the FIA (Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile) then and there during the race, so the viewers are told about it.

The crashes look really dangerous, but mostly they are not half as deadly as they seem. The cars are designed so safely these days that the driver barely gets much injured. Hell football is a hundred times more dangerous than F1 with all the niggles the players have.

The kind of race you'll get to see in F1 really depends upon the track. My favourite is the Belgian Grand Prix. The circuit over there is awesome for overtaking and real racing. There are other decent circuits too, but Belgian GP is best for it...

PostSubject: Re: Formula One   

Back to top Go down

Formula One

View previous topic View next topic Back to top