Battle Zone
We think you should log in. Don't you?

This is the site for everything and anything you want to talk about. Want to discuss the latest games? Done. Want to have fun? Done. This is THE place to have a great time.

HomePortalFAQMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Mosque near ground zero

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Twin Dagger
Chatz Master
Chatz Master

PostSubject: Mosque near ground zero   Thu May 27, 2010 5:51 pm

So yesterday a couple of us where talking on the CB about the mosque that is being planned to be built on gound zero but I went and did some more research of the topic and found that it is not gonna be built on it but a couple of blocks away and take up an entire block.

I want to know what your opinion of this building being put up is and would like you to explain your side.

I for one do not agree with it because it is extrmeist muslims that drove the planes into the twin towers 9 years ago. It to me seems like we are telling the muslims that it is ok and we forgive them so we are gonna give them more places to worship right next to the place that they killed many many people.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Programmer
Programmer

PostSubject: Re: Mosque near ground zero   Mon May 31, 2010 2:13 am

You do have to remember that not all muslims were for this, most did not know about it, and only a few actually took part in it.
Back to top Go down
Twin Dagger
Chatz Master
Chatz Master

PostSubject: Re: Mosque near ground zero   Mon May 31, 2010 11:02 am

I do know that but you also must know that not everyone sees it that way and to them all muslims are bad and will target all of them over there if it is built. I just dont think its a good idea for any one involved
Back to top Go down
Feral
Programmer
Programmer

PostSubject: Re: Mosque near ground zero   Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:10 am

And people not letting it be built there is like saying it's ok to think that all muslims should be targeted. We should try to change ideas, not let those kinds of ideas fester.
Back to top Go down
Mozzie
OHNOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: Mosque near ground zero   Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:38 am

WHOA! Keith! Are you saying that if you were in a position to kill all muslims just because of something NOT ALL OF THEM wanted to happen in the first place, you would have killed them all already???????? D=
Back to top Go down
http://www.wkyc.com/weather/severe_weather/cancellations_closing
Twin Dagger
Chatz Master
Chatz Master

PostSubject: Re: Mosque near ground zero   Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:33 pm

NO NO NO NO GG. Im not saying that at all. Im saying that I know people taht would given the chance and im sure that there are more people who lost family in 9/11 that will target them. That is why i dont want it built there is because of the people that would do it to them.
Back to top Go down
Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: Mosque near ground zero   Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:18 pm

I personally don't care either way. I do think that it's kind of weird to be building it that close to Ground Zero, but if that's what they want to do I see no reason for why they shouldn't.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://battlezone.forumotion.net/
Urmudda0007
Royal Knight
Royal Knight

PostSubject: Re: Mosque near ground zero   Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:26 am

I don't see any problem with letting a mosque be built there. Unfortunately, some people definitely would see a problem, misguided people blaming Muslims in general for the deeds of Shi-ite (probably wrong spelling!) extremists.
Back to top Go down
Artrain
Eternally lazy

PostSubject: Re: Mosque near ground zero   Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:27 am

Of course there is no problem in building the mosque. The problem would be changing people's attitudes about Muslims in general. See, this is the kind of thing that makes it hard for people of their religion. The whole community gets a bad name and are thrown into suspicion because of an extremely small percentage of them. Its a disgusting situation. I think anyone who distrusts people on the basis of religion are just as bad as the terrorists. It would be more than shameful if people started to obstruct the building of the Mosque, and started to trouble the community...

Sophia
Guitar God
Guitar God

PostSubject: Re: Mosque near ground zero   Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:55 pm

I agree with Ar completely. After all there are many millions of Muslims who condemn terrorisms, along with the rest of the world. They recognise it it exists in their faith, but are committed to eradicating it. Perhaps, this idea initially might outrage some but keep in mind that the very small number of people who participated in the 9/11 attacks are not representative of the Muslim population. In my opinion the purpose of this is to embolden the vast majority of Muslims who hate terrorism to stand up to the radical rhetoric. By allowing the building of the mosque, surely all you are doing is uniting the Muslim people as part of America because seeing Muslims as a separate group and as terrorists alone will never lead anywhere in solving this problem. Don't forget either that Muslim people must have died in the World Trade Centre attacks too, where is it you think the loyalties of Muslims who lost people in the attacks lie? With the terrorists who bought about the deaths or their friends and family or with the rest of the world who want to stop something like this ever happening again? By standing in the way of the building of this mosque you are alienating the Muslim community and telling them the are to blame for a tragedy they played no part in. In short let this happen or risk making an huge number people feel as though they have been branded terrorists just because of their faith.
Back to top Go down
Twin Dagger
Chatz Master
Chatz Master

PostSubject: Re: Mosque near ground zero   Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:18 pm

WOW SOPH. That is quite the speech. I think that maybe you should try to go there and convince some pf the people that dont want it there.
Back to top Go down
Artrain
Eternally lazy

PostSubject: Re: Mosque near ground zero   Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:06 am

Sophia wrote:
In short let this happen or risk making an huge number people feel as though they have been branded terrorists just because of their faith.
Exactly. If you label an entire religion as terrorists and shun them, in the end what happens is that the fact that they have been alienated by the rest of the community causes some of them to strike back in anger at the community; so ultimately, it would be the community that is responsible for creating more terrorists. You hate them, they hate you, it continues...

Twin Dagger
Chatz Master
Chatz Master

PostSubject: Re: Mosque near ground zero   Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:17 pm

Artrain I can see where that woudl be true. This however I dotn think we should be building so that people dotn do exactly that creating mroe terrorists.
Back to top Go down
Artrain
Eternally lazy

PostSubject: Re: Mosque near ground zero   Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:54 am

Sorry I do not understand what you are saying. Can you elaborate?

Twin Dagger
Chatz Master
Chatz Master

PostSubject: Re: Mosque near ground zero   Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:56 am

Yes I will. I do not think that it should be built there because people there will discriminate against the muslims because of the terrorists. Even though they know that not all muslims are terrorist theey will still do it becuase they can. And by what you said if I am understanding it right that will piss off muslims and in turn create more terrorists. Which is what no one wants and should be avoided so the best way to avoid it is to not biuld the mosque.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
I am such a post-wh*re and I am proud of it.

PostSubject: Re: Mosque near ground zero   Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:58 am

Meh, you are picking Issues where there currently are none.

Twin Dagger
Chatz Master
Chatz Master

PostSubject: Re: Mosque near ground zero   Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:01 am

Zach I was wondering what other people thoguht about it. If oyu dont believe that it was gonna happen then follow this link.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It turns out New York didnt like it either. Plus you are from another country so you know not what ground zero means.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
I am such a post-wh*re and I am proud of it.

PostSubject: Re: Mosque near ground zero   Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:07 am

I know Keith, all over NZ on Sp 11th, people are weird, they are super cautious always on the alert, and they always look to the sky every time they hear something.

I personally do not think it would create that much of an issue on this being built, but this is an *outsiders* view as you call it, and obviously do not care for what we think.

Twin Dagger
Chatz Master
Chatz Master

PostSubject: Re: Mosque near ground zero   Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:09 am

Now zach I didnt say that. If I didnt care I woulda said americans only. I do want to hear what people from other countries think. Sorry if it sounded like I didnt it jsut sounded to me like you didnt understand anythign about it. Apperently I was wrong.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Programmer
Programmer

PostSubject: Re: Mosque near ground zero   Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:04 am

-_- Sometimes people need to get over it to start getting along, just because it is difficult to take a step doesn't mean we shouldn't take it. Building this mosque is maybe the first step in rebuilding the trust between that faith and America, just saying.
Back to top Go down
Twin Dagger
Chatz Master
Chatz Master

PostSubject: Re: Mosque near ground zero   Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:05 am

Feral you may be right. That is a good point. Any idea how to get people to do that now?
Back to top Go down
Artrain
Eternally lazy

PostSubject: Re: Mosque near ground zero   Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:52 am

Death Knight wrote:
Yes I will. I do not think that it should be built there because people there will discriminate against the muslims because of the terrorists. Even though they know that not all muslims are terrorist theey will still do it becuase they can. And by what you said if I am understanding it right that will piss off muslims and in turn create more terrorists. Which is what no one wants and should be avoided so the best way to avoid it is to not biuld the mosque.
That sounds like giving the robber all your money because you think he is going to steal it anyway.

Death Knight wrote:
Feral you may be right. That is a good point. Any idea how to get people to do that now?
Well, if you consider yourself as 'people', you start following it and let the other 'people' make their own choices...

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mosque near ground zero   

Back to top Go down

Mosque near ground zero

View previous topic View next topic Back to top