Battle Zone
We think you should log in. Don't you?

This is the site for everything and anything you want to talk about. Want to discuss the latest games? Done. Want to have fun? Done. This is THE place to have a great time.

HomePortalFAQMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

NO WORLD CUP THREAD!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Artrain
Eternally lazy

PostSubject: NO WORLD CUP THREAD!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!   Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:12 pm

Its just weeks away now!!!! Come on guys! Talk bout the biggest sporting event on the WORLD!!!

I would have contributed more and bored your pants off, but fortunately for you I don't have enough time, so start off without me. Who are you backing? Who do you think will win? Which be the players you want to watch most, and everything else related to the FIFA 2010 World Cup...

I Like Cheese

PostSubject: Re: NO WORLD CUP THREAD!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!   Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:18 pm

Oh goshness this? Why here?!?!?!?!? My friend keeps on yapping on and on about this... please not here!!!! Lol, ok well.. I know absolutely nothing about this...other than the things my friend keeps on telling me...over and over again. By the way...which sport is this??
Back to top Go down
DareDevil
Shamu Victim

PostSubject: Re: NO WORLD CUP THREAD!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!   Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:18 am

I really don't follow much of the World Cup but I know it's starting this June 12
Back to top Go down
Thorned Hope
I Like Cheese

PostSubject: Re: NO WORLD CUP THREAD!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!   Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:48 pm

Thought it was starting June 11.
Back to top Go down
Artrain
Eternally lazy

PostSubject: Re: NO WORLD CUP THREAD!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!   Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:43 pm

Fallen Angel wrote:
Oh goshness this? Why here?!?!?!?!? My friend keeps on yapping on and on about this... please not here!!!! Lol, ok well.. I know absolutely nothing about this...other than the things my friend keeps on telling me...over and over again.
Really? Invite him on the forum then Smile I'll keep him busy.

Fallen Angel wrote:
By the way...which sport is this??
Sumo wrestling -__-

Fallen Angel wrote:
Thought it was starting June 11.
Yeah it is. All the wrestlers are going to South Africa for a safari where they'll observe elephants fighting each other and will get valuable knowledge... -________________-

I Like Cheese

PostSubject: Re: NO WORLD CUP THREAD!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!   Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:41 pm

Oh..that was a fail. Sorry Artrain. And actually its not a "him" its a "her" >.> and uhh..no thanks. I wont invite her to my happy place. She'll probably ruin it. >.>
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
I am such a post-wh*re and I am proud of it.

PostSubject: Re: NO WORLD CUP THREAD!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!   Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:18 pm

Soccer CC. Ar, is pulling your leg.

Thorned Hope
I Like Cheese

PostSubject: Re: NO WORLD CUP THREAD!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!   Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:20 pm

I know that. Yeesh..I actually read where this topic was.. >.> Wait! He's pulling my leg!! :O Ahhh!!! *runs away screaming* tongue
Back to top Go down
Artrain
Eternally lazy

PostSubject: Re: NO WORLD CUP THREAD!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!   Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:40 pm

Fallen Angel wrote:
Oh..that was a fail. Sorry Artrain. And actually its not a "him" its a "her" >.> and uhh..no thanks. I wont invite her to my happy place. She'll probably ruin it. >.>
That is rather selfish. I guess I'll have to wait it out for a football nerd to come through.

Fallen Angel wrote:
I know that. Yeesh..I actually read where this topic was.. >.> Wait! He's pulling my leg!! :O Ahhh!!! *runs away screaming* tongue
-__-

I Like Cheese

PostSubject: Re: NO WORLD CUP THREAD!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!   Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:35 pm

That was not selfish! Or..well I guess it was. But she jokes around with you like there is not tomorrow! It gets annoying! And she is more annoying than me!! But find if you want her to come, then fine. Thank you for destroying my happy place. Sad

Though I still dont see what that big deal is about soccer...
Back to top Go down
Artrain
Eternally lazy

PostSubject: Re: NO WORLD CUP THREAD!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!   Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:07 am

Fallen Angel wrote:
That was not selfish! Or..well I guess it was.
-__-
Fallen Angel wrote:

But she jokes around with you like there is not tomorrow! It gets annoying!
Aah thats too bad.

Fallen Angel wrote:

And she is more annoying than me!!
Shocked

Fallen Angel wrote:

But find if you want her to come, then fine. Thank you for destroying my happy place. Sad
*laughs* Alright, alright its your choice. If she bugs you so much then its understandable if you don't want her on.

Fallen Angel wrote:

Though I still dont see what that big deal is about soccer...
Hmm? Its just an interest of some people is it not? All people cannot have the same interests can they? It would be terribly boring...Razz

I Like Cheese

PostSubject: Re: NO WORLD CUP THREAD!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!   Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:19 pm

Lol. I have never seen Artrain so obsessed with something before. Razz So what team are you..uhh rooting for? (is 'rooting' the right word for it? ) Which player do you like the most in it Artrain? My friends is Cristiano Ronaldo. She is obsessed with him. Wait...did I mention that already?
Back to top Go down
Artrain
Eternally lazy

PostSubject: Re: NO WORLD CUP THREAD!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!   Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:06 am

Fallen Angel wrote:
Lol. I have never seen Artrain so obsessed with something before. Razz So what team are you..uhh rooting for? (is 'rooting' the right word for it? ) Which player do you like the most in it Artrain? My friends is Cristiano Ronaldo. She is obsessed with him. Wait...did I mention that already?
Oooh me? Well I like four or five players best. Kaka, Ronaldinho (who sadly isn't going to feature. Damn Dunga!), Steven Gerrard, Bastian Schweinsteiger and Fernando Torres. I have no problem supporting all their teams. Right now though, I'm going to stick with Brazil and Spain. I have some doubts about Brazil. They are now depending too much on their defense and on Kaka to make counter-attacks.

Hah, so your friend likes him Cristiano Ronaldo does she? Too bad. Don't think we would have got along very well. I dislike him. He has got incredible talent, yes, but he is too... vain. Too selfish. Not honest kind of player. He'll play dirty if his looses his temper. A player who has got so much talent at his disposal should not have the need to play dirty, but he does. I prefer Deco from the Portuguese team. He is much more a team player. He's their playmaker me thinks. Orchestrates all their attacks. Beautiful passer. Oh well, sorry for ranting this long...

PostSubject: Re: NO WORLD CUP THREAD!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!   Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:07 am

Keep Ranting, me is rooting for the Team of New Zealand, oh now I forget what the team name is, me is no good with sports, sorry Ar, I will research soccer as it is my favorite type of sport but me is not big on all the stuff that happens, sure I see an occasional game or race at a friends but me has not a single TV in my house to watch these things lol.

Artrain
Eternally lazy

PostSubject: Re: NO WORLD CUP THREAD!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!   Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:46 am

The vuvuzelas are really bugging me -__- That is not how the atmosphere in a football match is supposed to be. Somebody ban the damn horns!

OHNOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: NO WORLD CUP THREAD!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!   Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:03 am

Alright, of course I am supporting Soccerroos.... yep, that's about it...if that even counts.... xD
Back to top Go down
http://www.wkyc.com/weather/severe_weather/cancellations_closing
Thorned Hope
I Like Cheese

PostSubject: Re: NO WORLD CUP THREAD!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!   Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:13 pm

Artrain wrote:
Fallen Angel wrote:
Oooh me? Well I like four or five players best. Kaka, Ronaldinho (who sadly isn't going to feature. Damn Dunga!), Steven Gerrard, Bastian Schweinsteiger and Fernando Torres. I have no problem supporting all their teams. Right now though, I'm going to stick with Brazil and Spain. I have some doubts about Brazil. They are now depending too much on their defense and on Kaka to make counter-attacks.

Hah, so your friend likes him Cristiano Ronaldo does she? Too bad. Don't think we would have got along very well. I dislike him. He has got incredible talent, yes, but he is too... vain. Too selfish. Not honest kind of player. He'll play dirty if his looses his temper. A player who has got so much talent at his disposal should not have the need to play dirty, but he does. I prefer Deco from the Portuguese team. He is much more a team player. He's their playmaker me thinks. Orchestrates all their attacks. Beautiful passer. Oh well, sorry for ranting this long...
Oh my god. Do you know what the scary thing is? I know all the players you are talking about. Affraid Her and her talking... >.> The only reason why she likes him is because he is cute. -_-
Back to top Go down
Artrain
Eternally lazy

PostSubject: Re: NO WORLD CUP THREAD!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!   Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:21 am

Demon Hunter wrote:
Keep Ranting, me is rooting for the Team of New Zealand, oh now I forget what the team name is, me is no good with sports, sorry Ar, I will research soccer as it is my favorite type of sport but me is not big on all the stuff that happens, sure I see an occasional game or race at a friends but me has not a single TV in my house to watch these things lol.
Aah too bad. New Zealand has got a decent chance methinks. They are in a group which features Italy (which is not the same team that was there four years ago), Paraguay (which is alright), and Slovakia. If they play as a team, they have got capability to win against all three of these teams which are not doing too well. There is a good possibility they might finish second in the group and go into the next round.

Giorgia wrote:
Alright, of course I am supporting Soccerroos.... yep, that's about it...if that even counts.... xD
Hah, yeah you would support them. They are good mind you. Got some talented players in their squad like Tim Cahill, Mark Schwarzer, Harry Kewell. They should go through in the second round.

Fallen Angel wrote:

Oh my god. Do you know what the scary thing is? I know all the players you are talking about. Affraid Her and her talking... >.> The only reason why she likes him is because he is cute. -_-
You do? :O
Yeah I though she'd like him because of that... -__-

I Like Cheese

PostSubject: Re: NO WORLD CUP THREAD!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!   Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:34 am

Oh...you think he is cute too? Razz

In my opinion, he isnt cute. Not one bit. >.> Hmmm Artrain...did you already watch the fifa thingy?
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: NO WORLD CUP THREAD!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!   Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:34 am

Isn't the NZ team named something like the All Whites?

Thorned Hope
I Like Cheese

PostSubject: Re: NO WORLD CUP THREAD!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!   Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:57 am

Uhh..... how should I know? There is something called google. tongue
Back to top Go down
Artrain
Eternally lazy

PostSubject: Re: NO WORLD CUP THREAD!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!   Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:17 pm

Fallen Angel wrote:
Oh...you think he is cute too? Razz
Cute my arse -__- He probably has got a house full of cosmetic creams, and powders, and gels and what-nots.

Fallen Angel wrote:

In my opinion, he isnt cute. Not one bit. >.> Hmmm Artrain...did you already watch the fifa thingy?
Yup. The starting match was decent. Both both matches yesterday were draws. Today there have been two wins. South Korea won against Greece and Argentina won against Nigeria. Messi was Awesome !

Jolteon wrote:
Isn't the NZ team named something like the All Whites?
Yeah they are. Haven't seen them in action though. Their match is on the 14th. Against Slovakia. They should be able to win it...

PostSubject: Re: NO WORLD CUP THREAD!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!   Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:41 am

Should is the thing tho.................

Hmm me hopes they will win lol.

Artrain
Eternally lazy

PostSubject: Re: NO WORLD CUP THREAD!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!   Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:02 am

Well, we'll see that tomorrow. Yesterday was England vs USA. The best match of the tournament so far I think. Both sides are good. It ended in a 1-1 draw but there were something like 30 chances for goal.

I was supporting England since Stevie G is there (and he scored an Awesome goal too ^_^ ), but it was disappointing to watch them. After Gerrard's goal which came on the fourth minute (and which was purely down to his quality, and the assist that was provided to him), USA were the better side in the first half. England were all over the place. There was no formation. No discipline. Lampard looked lost most of the times, Milner was unimaginative, there were playing as a bunch of players who have never played with each other before.

USA played much more like a team. Unfortunately, they've got only handful of decent players, or they could have easily won. They were able to equalize on the 40th minute through a unbelievable mistake on the English goal keeper's part, but they deserved it.

In the second half England seemed to play more as a unit, but they just weren't able to convert chances. Rooney didn't feature at all. Heskey missed a couple of good ones, but USA were able to hold England down, and were able to manage a few decent attacks of their own.

Overall, if England are to have any good chance in this WC, they've got miles to improve from where they were yesterday it seems to meh...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit 14/06/10

*sighs* No one posted so I'm going to have to edit the same post. Watched Germany vs Australia last night and it was AWESOME! No other words for it. Germany were UNBELIEVABLY good. After having watched France, Argentina and England, I must say the Germans are the ones who look like they mean business, and if they continue playing like they played last night, they are going to be one of the strongest contenders for the World Cup.

They were simply too good for Australia. The passing was top quality, but unlike the Spanish, who just pass the ball around and stack up the possession time, the Germans were actually making something of their passing and possession and attacking at every opportunity they got. Their attacking midfielders and forwards were breaking Australian defense apart with perfectly timed runs and stunning through balls. I think among all the teams that I've watched in the world cup till now, the Germans have the best attack.

Defensively though, even if Mertersacker and Friedrich were pretty decent and Neuer was good in the goal, they do not seem to be very strong, which could be a problem.

But they play as if they had played with each other for years. Very disciplined. everyone knows their job and was doing it well. There was no weak link for Australians to exploit. Definitely the team to watch out for in the next rounds, and I won't be surprised if they went all the way through, playing like this...

PostSubject: Re: NO WORLD CUP THREAD!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!   Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:04 am

Cool!, GO GERMANY! Or wait even better, GO ALL WHITES!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NO WORLD CUP THREAD!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!   

Back to top Go down

NO WORLD CUP THREAD!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top