Battle Zone
We think you should log in. Don't you?

This is the site for everything and anything you want to talk about. Want to discuss the latest games? Done. Want to have fun? Done. This is THE place to have a great time.

HomePortalFAQMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

VOTE ON HOW TO HANDLE THE SITUATION WITH CHAT BOX.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Should the Chat Box mods start taking action against members who argue in chatbox?
Yes,the Chat Box mods should take action against those who fight in Chat Box.
67%
 67% [ 8 ]
No,things need to be left alone because things will die down eventually.
33%
 33% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
JudgeofMagic
Awesome Games are Awesome

PostSubject: VOTE ON HOW TO HANDLE THE SITUATION WITH CHAT BOX.   Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:34 pm

I am getting sick of all of the fighting on Chat Box,as are some other members(even mods and admins).The Chat Box mods allow for arguments to continue there.So now I am proposing a vote to handle the situation.Please vote and tell us what your choice was,and why.I ask that members vote first,and after that the mods(all mods,not just those of chatbox) and Admins should discuss the results and vote among themselves to see what action should be taken.This situation is so out of hand that members are threatening to leave because they can not have fun here.I hope to end that,with the help of my fellow mods,and with the help of the admins.This poll will be open for 7 days(Start counting the 7 days from tommorrow,but fell free to vote right away).After that I hope to start discussing options with other staff members.Make sure that your vote is the one you will stick with.Vote cancelling is NOT allowed this time.IF TOO MANY MEMBERS ARE DRIVEN AWAY BY ALL OF THE FIGHTING,WE WILL HAVE A VERY WEAK SITE LEFT.WE BZ MEMBERS MUST STOP FIGHTING AND REUNITE AGAIN TO STOP THIS FROM HAPPENING.
Back to top Go down
http://www.warriordomain.forum-motion.net
Thorned Hope
I Like Cheese

PostSubject: Re: VOTE ON HOW TO HANDLE THE SITUATION WITH CHAT BOX.   Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:53 pm

No offense or anything, but if you dont want to be in an argument or have to deal with it then dont go on it. Or avoid when certain people get on the chatbox, but then again thats just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
JudgeofMagic

PostSubject: Re: VOTE ON HOW TO HANDLE THE SITUATION WITH CHAT BOX.   Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:16 pm

Fallen Angel wrote:
No offense or anything, but if you dont want to be in an argument or have to deal with it then dont go on it. Or avoid when certain people get on the chatbox, but then again thats just my opinion.
CC,the necesity for such actions are what is driving members away from BZ.Just look at TBF's posts for an example of this.They wish to have fun WITHOUT having to avoid people.
Back to top Go down
Twin Dagger
Chatz Master
Chatz Master

PostSubject: Re: VOTE ON HOW TO HANDLE THE SITUATION WITH CHAT BOX.   Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:19 am

I knwo that I am already going to start to stop this fighting. I will let it happen again if the admins tell me to.
Back to top Go down
Pearl Song
Crazy Welsh Woman
Crazy Welsh Woman

PostSubject: Re: VOTE ON HOW TO HANDLE THE SITUATION WITH CHAT BOX.   Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:22 am

Im actually agreeing here, at least no fighting in the CB if it carries on the CB mods need to take action, if it continues after that then I think the Cb will have to go.
Back to top Go down
Thorned Hope
I Like Cheese

PostSubject: Re: VOTE ON HOW TO HANDLE THE SITUATION WITH CHAT BOX.   Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:25 am

If this fighting continues? Everyone fights, its in our nature. Look at tha thread in EndZone. All the good times in the CB. Do you want that to go? I certainly dont I love the chats with Alex ^_^
Back to top Go down
Feral
Programmer
Programmer

PostSubject: Re: VOTE ON HOW TO HANDLE THE SITUATION WITH CHAT BOX.   Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:28 am

I was going to apply to be a chat mod, but the admins and mods were chosen, so I missed. :J But seriously, the fights get pretty bad. BUT, the chat box sometimes solves these problems easier then battledome. I don't thin kwe should take it down, but enforce something more strict so people calm it down.
Back to top Go down
Thorned Hope
I Like Cheese

PostSubject: Re: VOTE ON HOW TO HANDLE THE SITUATION WITH CHAT BOX.   Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:35 am

What about the people who dont communicate with us? And the only place would be the chatbox? Look at Klaus for example, GG Matt, and I used to be best buds (and still are) But now Klaus is missing. He rarely comes on the chat when I am on. Pm isnt the same. You have to wait to get it unlike the chat, along with pms it would only be a 2 person conversation. Not many like the chatbox.

(Lost my train of thought........)
Back to top Go down
Artrain
Eternally lazy

PostSubject: Re: VOTE ON HOW TO HANDLE THE SITUATION WITH CHAT BOX.   Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:31 pm

There is no point in blaming the Chat Box. It is just a means of communication. People who want to argue will find ways to do it anywhere. If not chatbox, then in threads or due to outside sources like your Facebooks and Gmail chats and whatever else, and will bring it here.

I thoroughly agree that the arguments need to stop, and I'm glad to see so many people realize it. So I think I can trust all of us here to not start an argument in chatbox, can't I? That way we can keep settling of arguments restricted to Battle Dome, or the PMs...

Sinitar
Discussions Moderator

PostSubject: Re: VOTE ON HOW TO HANDLE THE SITUATION WITH CHAT BOX.   Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:30 pm

If the chat box seems to be a rotten apple, we should not throw the whole bag away. I am one of the persons who believes that everything can be settled without any means of threatening or giving out warnings, because a nice word with something to back it up is way more effective than handling out warnings. With that said, I believe that people do have enough common sense to keep their fights as their own, without involving the whole community in it. Warnings about ban and such will only alienate the members instead of actually working something up, but that's my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Twin Dagger
Chatz Master
Chatz Master

PostSubject: Re: VOTE ON HOW TO HANDLE THE SITUATION WITH CHAT BOX.   Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:56 pm

Well I cant enforce the no fighting now seeing as how I am no longer a chat mod for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Lord of you
Programmer
Programmer

PostSubject: Re: VOTE ON HOW TO HANDLE THE SITUATION WITH CHAT BOX.   Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:18 pm

I believe we should take action against the fighting on our beloved chat box I do not enjoy watching two or more of my friends having a shout out it makes me feel depressed and I do not need anymore of that!
I do not think we should get rid of the chat box but maybe just do something so people will know they will get in trouble if they do it... we do have Sharehope for a reason if people have an arguement go there or to the BattleDome and not bring it onto chat.
Back to top Go down
Twin Dagger
Chatz Master
Chatz Master

PostSubject: Re: VOTE ON HOW TO HANDLE THE SITUATION WITH CHAT BOX.   Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:20 pm

TBF I had a plan that I was gonna do. But since people are trying to drve me away from the CB and taking away my mod status of it, it makes it kinda hard for me to take any action at all.
Back to top Go down
Artrain
Eternally lazy

PostSubject: Re: VOTE ON HOW TO HANDLE THE SITUATION WITH CHAT BOX.   Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:13 am

We do not need any chat box mods. It is the one place where we come to do idle talk, where there is no difference between moderators and members. It is a place to 'stretch yourself' as they say. Having mods take action in chat box will both piss the members off and make the mod look like an arse. If memory fails you, then remember what happened when Jolty considered taking it off.

Chatbox is not responsible for the fights. Members are. The only thing that can help is trying to talk sense into members. If they don't listen, then just leave the chatbox until the argument is over. If you find any member purposefully trying to provoke others or make arguments, then report him to us by PMs.

And I'm getting tired of your plans Keith. No one is trying to drive you anywhere. You were not the only former moderator that has been put on hold, there were many others. Do you seem them making any fuss or complaining? When people are needed for any moderating positions again then those which seem fit for the job will be appointed.

Behave yourselves, and all will be fine...

Twin Dagger
Chatz Master
Chatz Master

PostSubject: Re: VOTE ON HOW TO HANDLE THE SITUATION WITH CHAT BOX.   Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:22 pm

Artain I wasnt complaining. I was merely stateing. There is a difference. Really I am ok with it. I know that there are an abundance of mods and people that are ready to serve as a mod. I am not mad at all that I am ot a CB mod anymore and yes I do know that there were more CB mods tan just me that are no longer CB mods and I also know taht I am not them. I unlike them like to ask questions and know why things happen and for what purpose. Some of them might like to do that too I dont know for sure. But you are makeing it sound as thoguh I am the only one that has asked which makes me think that I am the only one that asks questions to the admins about it when I lose somethign like that. I just try ot make sure that I did not do somethign wrong to lose it is all. Does that clear it up a little bit artrain?
Back to top Go down
Artrain
Eternally lazy

PostSubject: Re: VOTE ON HOW TO HANDLE THE SITUATION WITH CHAT BOX.   Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:28 pm

Oh it does. Before asking the questions though, a bit of review by yourself might provide all the answers you need...

JudgeofMagic

PostSubject: Re: VOTE ON HOW TO HANDLE THE SITUATION WITH CHAT BOX.   Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:57 pm

I agree that chat box should be free of mods interfering,and that sometimes arguments cannot be helped.So this is what I propose.The members who are on chat AT THE TIME THE ARGUING IS OCCURING can ask the people involved to move the argument elsewhere,and if the arguing does not stop after a majority of the current perticipants' request,then those who have an issue with the arguing should take it to a staff member and let them decide how to handle the situation.However,if the people on chat at the time of argument do not have an issue with it,than let the issue be resolved right there.so what I'm saying is that unless those on chat at the time you are arguing have an issue with it,I say feel free to go at each oher there,but once the time comes that a majority of those on chat with you at that time ask you to take it elsewhere,honor that request.

I may have missed an issue with this proposition,so feel free to add suggestions.Since I am no longer a staff member,I cannot take action against anything.
Back to top Go down
Fog of Nature
Creative Moderator

Rank : Global Moderator / Resident Pokemon Fanatic / The Original Sexy Beast

PostSubject: Re: VOTE ON HOW TO HANDLE THE SITUATION WITH CHAT BOX.   Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:53 pm

The only issue I see with your proposal is if an Admin gets POed, I mean its not like I could kick Zack if he had one of his burnouts.
Back to top Go down
http://agnph.com/fics/viewuser.php?uid=2366
Lone Wolf
I am such a post-wh*re and I am proud of it.

PostSubject: Re: VOTE ON HOW TO HANDLE THE SITUATION WITH CHAT BOX.   Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:35 am

*looks around innocently* *looks at Giratina Innocently* Says Innocently* "Me? Have a burnout? Me has never burnt out"

I have actually managed to keep my temper at all times in chat, mainly because you can't know what I am thinking or react physically.

Seriously when have I ever had a burnout?

Or let me rephrase that, when have I had a burnout that was not on the road?

And Giratina, Why pick on me? It's not like you could kick Rain if he got pissed.

And this is where I pull you up and tell you off FoN,
Ma NAME IS ZACH! not ZACK!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VOTE ON HOW TO HANDLE THE SITUATION WITH CHAT BOX.   

Back to top Go down

VOTE ON HOW TO HANDLE THE SITUATION WITH CHAT BOX.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top