Battle Zone
We think you should log in. Don't you?

This is the site for everything and anything you want to talk about. Want to discuss the latest games? Done. Want to have fun? Done. This is THE place to have a great time.

HomePortalFAQMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Which movie did you watch recently?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Artrain
Eternally lazy

PostSubject: Which movie did you watch recently?   Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:53 am

Meh finally saw that Sherlock Holmes movie. Didn't like it too much to be honest. Robert Downey Jr. is an insult to Sherlock Holmes that Sir Arthur Conan Doyle created. When I had first seen the trailers of the movie, I had thought that Jude Law was playing the role of Holmes. He fits the description much better that Downey Jr.

And the ending of the movie was rather anti-climactic. The directors, and producers, and writers made a very bad attempt at the final unraveling of the mystery that is the best point of any Sherlock Holmes story. Frankly, I don't like the Robert Downey Jr. so didn't appreciate that movie much. Its good enough for one time watch though, I suppose...

Ice Breaker

PostSubject: Re: Which movie did you watch recently?   Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:46 pm

I saw Star Trek. Considering I'm not a Star Trek fan, I thought it was rather good. Not quite sure what the storyline is, but it was still a good movie. I didn't quite know what to expect because I don't really like Star Trek that much, so watching it turned out to be a good decision.

Artrain
Eternally lazy

PostSubject: Re: Which movie did you watch recently?   Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:17 am

Caught 'The Clash of Titans'. Truly bogus. Even I, who am so much interested in Greek Mythology, failed to appreciate it. Mostly because it seemed to be based on a very different mythology that I had read. Wrong 'un. I dislike it when these writers and producers and directors twist the mythology and show it pathetically. All the gods were shown in some nonsense armour. And Hades was without his Helm of darkness! And Perseus doesn't marry Andromeda! What the fcuk?!?! Truly bogus movie. Don't watch...

Guitar God
Guitar God

PostSubject: Re: Which movie did you watch recently?   Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:40 am

Clash of the Titans is seriously shitty I agree.
And as for the last film I watched DO NOT JUDGE ME OKAY?? But yesterday…I…*takes a deep breath* watched Eclipse. And yes I mean the Twilight Eclipse. I see you rolling your eyes, but in my defence, I only went because someone offered to buy my ticket and then proceeded to spend the whole movie mocking it with a friend of mine. We were hysterical for a great deal of it. Needless to say it was unsurprisingly NOT GOOD. Razz I didn’t hate it though, there were some hilarious lines and it was in my opinion the best of the three :D.
Back to top Go down
DareDevil
Shamu Victim

PostSubject: Re: Which movie did you watch recently?   Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:49 pm

I think Clash of the Titans was ok
Back to top Go down
Artrain
Eternally lazy

PostSubject: Re: Which movie did you watch recently?   Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:19 am

Sophia wrote:
And as for the last film I watched DO NOT JUDGE ME OKAY??
Oooooh, no of course we won't... Twisted Evil
Sophia wrote:

But yesterday…I…*takes a deep breath* watched Eclipse. And yes I mean the Twilight Eclipse. I see you rolling your eyes,
Affraid *looks around* *how did she know I was rolling my eyes?* :O
Sophia wrote:

but in my defence, I only went because someone offered to buy my ticket and then proceeded to spend the whole movie mocking it with a friend of mine. We were hysterical for a great deal of it. Needless to say it was unsurprisingly NOT GOOD. Razz I didn’t hate it though, there were some hilarious lines and it was in my opinion the best of the three :D.
I know. You had eyes only for one pat- I mean one man ;)

DareDevil wrote:
I think Clash of the Titans was ok
Thank you for your contribution DD. ^_^

Meh watched Prince of Persia the other day. Not too bad. Needed some time getting used to seeing Jake Gylenhall as the hero though. The fight scenes could have been better. Liked the Persian music anyways. And the story was alright. Worth watching once I suppose. Especially loved the starting scene where Dastan climbs the wall using crossbow bolts as hand holds...

Guitar God
Guitar God

PostSubject: Re: Which movie did you watch recently?   Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:46 pm

Never seen the Prince of Persia, that first scene sounds brilliant though.

Ah yeah you caught me Ar, I'm secretley IN LOVE with ol' Pattinson. It's time I came clean I guess...he is too wonderful for words. I fall asleep thinking about him. I have pictures of him plastered across my wall. I get up in the morning only because of the possibility the this might be the day I finally meet him. I...oh jeez I give up. *shudders in horror at all of that^*
Okay so all I've been doing these past two days is watching films cos teachers can't be bothered to teach us anymore.

First there was the Little Mermaid in German which was pretty awesome. Just cos the translations are amusing...otherwise, well it's Disney and I'm not four and a half. (Kidding. Disney is AWESOME. Don't tell anyone... Razz)

Then there was a film called Save the Last Dance which is pretty great. Girl's mum dies in a car crash she moves away to live with her dad, meets a guy, you get the drift. Oh yeah and from the title it's obviously about dancing, she used to do ballet and that's a big part of the story but anyway. That was an awful summary, not a bad movie though.

Then there was A Beautiful Mind, with Russell Crowe which was just incredible. The annoying thing is we never made it to the end and I really what to know what happens. But the acting, the plot, the charcters were all ingenius. By the last twenty minutes what I truly loved was that you didn't have a clue what to believe anymore, absolutley brilliantly written. It's one of those Oscar worthy films.

There are a whole load of films I seem to have altogether forgotten I watched...hmmm...oh yes there was also 1984 adaptation. Obviously it couldn't begin to compare to the book but it wasn't bad but you can't really bring across the scope of the book in 2 hours. It certainly wasn't a bad attempt though. And now I should REALLY stop talking. ;)
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
I am such a post-wh*re and I am proud of it.

PostSubject: Re: Which movie did you watch recently?   Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:13 am

Last movie I watched, Was The Fast and the Furious 4!

I found this next part in the series very cool, Dom and Paul make an excellent team when they work together....

The Drunken Hobo
FRESH MEAT

PostSubject: Re: Which movie did you watch recently?   Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:30 am

I went to see Predators yesterday. I thought it was pretty good. If you liked the other predator movies you should watch this one.
Back to top Go down
Captain Tezuka
I am picking my nose with a back scratcher. Got a problem with that?

PostSubject: Re: Which movie did you watch recently?   Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:55 pm

How To Train Your Dragon. Good film, I enjoyed it. Quite honestly, I've never been impressed in the least with Dreamwork's film making. In my humble opinion, they've been trying to catch up with Pixar ever since they boomed, and never quite made it. How To Train Your Dragn gave me some faith, though. It helps that I love Vikings Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/Obstinatus
Firesword assassin
Ice Breaker

PostSubject: Re: Which movie did you watch recently?   Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:27 pm

I recently watched Green Zone. Good film, lots of explosions and gunfire. Could say its a bit of a conspiracy film. It could have been a bit better but it gave me something to keep me entertained.

Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Which movie did you watch recently?   Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:25 am

2012 or whatever it is, thought it was alrightish....

Firesword assassin
Ice Breaker

PostSubject: Re: Which movie did you watch recently?   Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:19 am

I laughed all the way through that. I love all the destruction and it's dead funny the way people slide all the way down the building as it tilts then falls... I know, I have a rather dark sense of humour...

Captain Tezuka

PostSubject: Re: Which movie did you watch recently?   Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:27 pm

In that case it's alright to be laughing cuz it's all so....unreal and detached.
Back to top Go down
Thorned Hope
I Like Cheese

PostSubject: Re: Which movie did you watch recently?   Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:31 pm

I watched Grown Ups. I swear it was the funniest movie I ever seen. Like most of the time it was insults back to each other but it was funny. I actually almost watching that movie. -_-

@FA: Laughing
Back to top Go down
VampireGiRL
Relieve THIS of duty Suckah!
Relieve THIS of duty Suckah!

PostSubject: Re: Which movie did you watch recently?   Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:18 pm

I have watched recently the movie ''Dear John'' definitely one of my favorite movies all the time.I have already watch it..6 times Razz but was somewhat sad specially when his father died..I cry..every time I watch this part...
Back to top Go down
Sophia
Guitar God
Guitar God

PostSubject: Re: Which movie did you watch recently?   Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:16 pm

The Exorcist. My advice: don't ever watch it. And futher advice if you don't want to listen to the original advice: Don't watch it with an evil someone who'll sneak up on you and go 'boo' whilst you cling to a pillow, or who after the film is over will whisper at you in that terrifying demonic voice that sounds far too much like it did in the film. Watching that I may well have been more scared than I ever have before.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Which movie did you watch recently?   Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:40 am

HancocK, Great movie! I'd definitely watch it again!

Firesword assassin
Ice Breaker

PostSubject: Re: Which movie did you watch recently?   Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:33 pm

Hancock is a good movie.

I saw the Twilight Saga: Eclipse recently. It's ok I guess- not a big fan of the Twilight Saga. At least it has some funny comments and fighting in it.

Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Which movie did you watch recently?   Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:17 am

Pearl Harbor, Which is one Awesome, Sad, Great movie.

Those Japanese needed a real kick up the arse, that the Americans gave...

Artrain
Eternally lazy

PostSubject: Re: Which movie did you watch recently?   Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:30 am

Fallen Rage wrote:

Those Japanese needed a real kick up the arse, that the Americans gave...
Nope they didn't. Didn't you read the subs while the Japanese talked? They had no option but to attack the Americans. Their oil supplies were only going to last for six months. After that the whole country would go down. That is why they attacked as far as I remember. Any country would have done the same thing...

PostSubject: Re: Which movie did you watch recently?   Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:40 am

18 months as I remember....

Me? I would have done something similar, but to attack without declaring war? Me would have at least declared war...

Captain Tezuka

PostSubject: Re: Which movie did you watch recently?   Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:40 pm

Assassin's Creed. Great film, about and hour long. Whatch it, it's on Youtube. Legally. Smile
Back to top Go down
Artrain
Eternally lazy

PostSubject: Re: Which movie did you watch recently?   Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:30 pm

Wow there's a film on that? I'd like it if they made into a real big film like they did for Prince of Persia. I'm hoping they make one of Warcraft too for that matter.

Meh watched "The Day the Earth Stood Still" for the first time yesterday, or day before that, don't really remember. It started out promising, but then ended to be total crap. Very poor imagination and storyline. Was good to see Keanu Reeves in action though...

Guitar God
Guitar God

PostSubject: Re: Which movie did you watch recently?   Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:57 pm

Disturrbia *shudders* I will not sleep tonight. Or rather, I really do not want to switch the light off. But the acting was epic...so convincing, and to think it started it out so mellow and the suddenly PAZAM! the terror just jumps in your face. And when that guy pretended to have been killed...absolute hilarity. Is that even a word? Well anyway...incredible movie, though I'm now never sleeping again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which movie did you watch recently?   

Back to top Go down

Which movie did you watch recently?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top