Battle Zone
We think you should log in. Don't you?

This is the site for everything and anything you want to talk about. Want to discuss the latest games? Done. Want to have fun? Done. This is THE place to have a great time.

HomePortalFAQMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

What Guys need to be Aware of!1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mindrop
Her kommer utvisnings hammeren!

PostSubject: What Guys need to be Aware of!1   Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:22 am

I was diagnosed in November with testicular cancer. I am 18, but it started when I was 18. This is to awaken you and make you aware of the danger.

Testicular cancer is an uncommon cancer and effects roughly 1% of the male population. However, It is the most common cancer for male ages 15 - 35. It is a curable cancer becasue of the age it effects. They give a heavy dose of chemo, but becuase of the age we can handle it. Self exams are a big help for early indication. The other inportaint thing is not ignoring anything. Self denial will not solve anything. Most who die from testicular cancer are those who do not go to there doctors when they find something( and i am talking about large tumors like lemon sized).

I am through all three rounds of Chemo and Major Abdominal Surgery to clear out infected Lymph nodes. I am recovering great.

Back to top Go down
http://alagaesiaonline.superdiscussions.com/forum.htm
Artrain
Eternally lazy

PostSubject: Re: What Guys need to be Aware of!1   Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:02 am

Wow good to know Mindrop that you are recovering, Mindrop. Smile Thanks for sharing this with us. True that self denial doesn't solve anything. The fact that it affects so much as 1% of male population is a bit scary. Wasn't aware of that. I hope this post helps other guys realize the significance. Thank you once again, and I'm sure you'll be thumping fit in no time... ^_^

Captain Tezuka
I am picking my nose with a back scratcher. Got a problem with that?

PostSubject: Re: What Guys need to be Aware of!1   Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:24 pm

I'm glad o hear the some one survived it. My grandfather is about to die from terminal stomach cancer Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/Obstinatus
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Guys need to be Aware of!1   

Back to top Go down

What Guys need to be Aware of!1

View previous topic View next topic Back to top