Battle Zone
We think you should log in. Don't you?

This is the site for everything and anything you want to talk about. Want to discuss the latest games? Done. Want to have fun? Done. This is THE place to have a great time.

HomePortalFAQMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Ask an opinion.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Artrain
Eternally lazy

PostSubject: Ask an opinion.   Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:18 pm

This is a topic if you want to ask other members their opinion about certain books before you decide to get them. Use it as you will...

FRESH MEAT

PostSubject: Re: Ask an opinion.   Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:30 pm

I like fantasy/fiction books, but mosto them are for kids. Any one know any fantasy/fiction books that aren't for kids? Don't give me Lord of the Rings please. Or Harry Potter. Anything different? And I usually like big books. So if they are big and not written only for children, I'd like any of you to suggest me some names if you can.
Back to top Go down
Sophia
Guitar God
Guitar God

PostSubject: Re: Ask an opinion.   Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:17 pm

The Crystal Spheres - David Brin (this one's pretty short though)
The Man in the Black Suit - Stephen King (and so is this one)
The Dubious Hills - Pamela Dean
Elantris - Brandon Sanderson
Kushiel's Dart - Jacqueline Carey
The Bicentennial Man - Isaac Asimov
The Black Jewel trilogy - Anne Bishop
The Genesis of Shannara trilogy - Terry Brooks
A song of Ice and Fire - George R.R. Marti
The Steel Remains - Richard Morgan
The Age of Misrule trilogy - Mark Chadbourn

Took a bit of googling and brain picking to recall the authors names, but well yeah, those were the ones that first sprung to mind, I could go on and on though. :]
Back to top Go down
Artrain
Eternally lazy

PostSubject: Re: Ask an opinion.   Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:27 am

Sophia wrote:

A song of Ice and Fire - George R.R. Marti
That is the third time I'm hearing it now. First from Silv, then from someone over here (don't remember who, maybe Akky or Alby or Ayato), and now you. I'm gonna be readin them now.

Sophia wrote:

Took a bit of googling and brain picking to recall the authors names, but well yeah, those were the ones that first sprung to mind, I could go on and on though. :]
*sighs* Really, you didn't have to go to any trouble, but thanks for putting them up... Smile

Programmer
Programmer

PostSubject: Re: Ask an opinion.   Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:14 pm

Sonnunrec wrote:
I like fantasy/fiction books, but mosto them are for kids. Any one know any fantasy/fiction books that aren't for kids? Don't give me Lord of the Rings please. Or Harry Potter. Anything different? And I usually like big books. So if they are big and not written only for children, I'd like any of you to suggest me some names if you can.

I am Totally recommending Robert Jordan's series of books more 'The Wheel of Time' I have read all the way up to his latest book and it was the best one yet. They are grown up, BIG, and are Very, very, very, very, Good!

I also recommend Terry Brooks Any of his Shannara Books are AWESOME, especially his latest trilogies though his second book the Elfstones of Shannara is one of my all time favorites. If you start with his first book (the sword of Shannara) and think it is a little boring keep reading because the books get a lot more unique and less like other stories and more exciting. So yeah those are what I recommend to you! Now start reading!
Back to top Go down
Assassino
*POOF* Err....Jack Has Gone on Vacation...Permanently.

PostSubject: Re: Ask an opinion.   Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:21 am

Quote :
A song of Ice and Fire - George R.R. Martin

very good books. All four that's been published so far. The way Martin developes his vast range of characters are amazing. And the shere size of the universe he has created in incredible. It's also good to see a book that isn't all "Good wins over Evil". He deals more in shades of grey, and allows you to judge the characters for yourself. Very good series, I highly recommend it.

PostSubject: Re: Ask an opinion.   

Back to top Go down

Ask an opinion.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top