Battle Zone
We think you should log in. Don't you?

This is the site for everything and anything you want to talk about. Want to discuss the latest games? Done. Want to have fun? Done. This is THE place to have a great time.

HomePortalFAQMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Football League Season

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Artrain
Eternally lazy

PostSubject: Football League Season   Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:44 pm

Hey! If you watch football, and support any clubs from any of the leagues in the world, come here to talk about it.

I personally support teams in which my favourite players are. So they would be Liverpool (cause of Gerrard), AC Milan (for Ronaldinho), and Real Madrid (for Kaka). Though I also love watching matches of Barcelona.

Mostly watch English Premier League, since it is shown and followed more than other leagues here, but sadly Liverpool haven't made a decent start at all. Though it has to be said that they faced tough opposition in their first two games. I just do not have a clue why Roy Hodgson is continuing Rafa Benitez's mistake of playing Lucas in the Defensive Midfield role. He is absolutely disastrous. Makes more fouls than successful tackles; cannot pass accurately even for a few yards; have no idea why he makes attacking runs because he cannot shoot the target for shite. All in all, he's a waste of a player. I believe the only reason Liverpool lose is because of him.

For AC Milan, I think they must be partying in their camp. Rafa Benitez to coach their biggest rival? Hah, they don't need to do anything now. Inter will lose on its own. Right from the first match Rafa seems to be showing that he is the wrong man for the job. Inter were held by Bologna, and considering all the star cast they have got, I'm not sure they are particularly happy. Milan on the other hand thumped Lecce 4-0. I seriously believe that Milan's trophy drought is over now that Benitez has come to serve Inter.

Hmm, I wonder if I'm going to get any company in this thread...

Last edited by Harry Potter on Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sophia
Guitar God
Guitar God

PostSubject: Re: Football League Season   Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:32 pm

Uh... *grins* Well, unsurprisingly you got me. I’m not going to have anything of much interest to say though…

I don't really support teams for favourite players, I used to...for Manchester United, I loved the whole squad when I was about six. And then they all upped at left so I gave up on that strategy.

But if I had to now it would be Arsenal for Fabregas (thank god he didn’t leave) and Barecelona for Messi and David Villa (though I suppose since this is where he wanted to go, I wouldn‘t have minded dreadfully).

And now…

Arsenal’s last league game was against Blackburn. Managed a win and it was an away game at that…Theo Walcott came along with a goal relatively early on, in my opinion he’s always been one of the teams better players, I don’t know what the technical term is, but he’s one of the players that gets the ball from one end of the field down to the other without any mishaps, can evade pretty much the whole of the other teams defence, the kind that goes and creates the goal opportunities. I was surprised that he didn’t make the World Cup squad actually, especially since to my recollection he performed well at the World Cup four years ago, and he was just starting out then. Thankfully, he’ll be on the team for the Euro 2012 qualifiers.

Anyway, back to the goal of his against Blackburn, it was a pretty good ball from Van Persie that led to Walcott slipping the goal past Paul Robinson. Altogether a rather nice goal I thought, the slicker manoeuvres are always the most impressive and enjoyable to watch.

Blackburn equalised some point in the first half, and then Arshavin came along with a goal almost as good as the teams first, ball want straight through most of Blackburn’s defence.

Good as the goals were, I don’t think Arsenal could have won the game were it not for Almunia, I never thought that much of him, but he performed spectuacurly in that game, saved a number of trickier shots, hopefully he keeps up this kind of thing.

It was also good to finally see Fabregas and Van Persie starting, they haven’t done so since the World Cup, only downside would be Van Persie’s injury, I haven’t heard whether he’ll be fit for their next game.

Anyway, overall the team have played rather well this season, got themselves a point at Anfield, and then the 6-0 win over Blackpool…well I think the score says it all.
Back to top Go down
Artrain
Eternally lazy

PostSubject: Re: Football League Season   Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:50 pm

Ginny Weasley wrote:
Uh... *grins* Well, unsurprisingly you got me. I’m not going to have anything of much interest to say though…
*rubs hands with glee* Oh I doubt that.

Ginny Weasley wrote:

I don't really support teams for favourite players, I used to...for Manchester United, I loved the whole squad when I was about six. And then they all upped at left so I gave up on that strategy.
But you could always follow them to their new clubs, no? At least when it comes to supporting players, you have a guarantee that they will perform even if the team doesn't. Supporting a whole club is supporting something totally unknown. You have no idea what the coaches are like, no idea what the manager is like, no idea what would suddenly come into his mind and what changes he might do, no idea whats going in the club owner's mind and how they are going to affect the club... Backing players up is much simpler I feel.

Ginny Weasley wrote:

But if I had to now it would be Arsenal for Fabregas (thank god he didn’t leave) and Barecelona for Messi and David Villa (though I suppose since this is where he wanted to go, I wouldn‘t have minded dreadfully).
Ye, I think they'll make him stay for another season, or maybe just the half season. But he is clearly going to be leaving soon I think. Though Barcelona is just an awesome club. Messi, definitely good. So too is Villa (though I think Torres has got much more quality that Villa). If Fabregas went there, it would be as a future Xavi I think. To play in that play-making role he does so well in Arsenal.

Ginny Weasley wrote:

Arsenal’s last league game was against Blackburn. Managed a win and it was an away game at that…Theo Walcott came along with a goal relatively early on, in my opinion he’s always been one of the teams better players, I don’t know what the technical term is, but he’s one of the players that gets the ball from one end of the field down to the other without any mishaps, can evade pretty much the whole of the other teams defence, the kind that goes and creates the goal opportunities. I was surprised that he didn’t make the World Cup squad actually, especially since to my recollection he performed well at the World Cup four years ago, and he was just starting out then. Thankfully, he’ll be on the team for the Euro 2012 qualifiers.
Ah, he is one of there promising players, but the reason for that is simply his pace and dribbling ability. Why he didn't get into the World Cup squad was simple enough, he hasn't got the best technique to provided cross and through balls yet (those are the terms you were pointing out I think). The only thing he can do very well for now, is get behind defenses with his pace. But you look at his crosses and through balls, and compare them to someone like David Beckham, or Steven Gerrard, and you realize the massive difference in quality. If he gets his crossing technique right, and gets even half way as good at them as the two player I mentioned above were, then he'll be extremely highly valued I think.

Ginny Weasley wrote:

Anyway, back to the goal of his against Blackburn, it was a pretty good ball from Van Persie that led to Walcott slipping the goal past Paul Robinson. Altogether a rather nice goal I thought, the slicker manoeuvres are always the most impressive and enjoyable to watch.
Most definitely. A built up goal shows the quality of the whole team. A long shot one shows the quality of one player. Both are good, but when you watch the whole team playing single minded, and then create a goal by rupturing the opposition defense, that is something really amazing.

Ginny Weasley wrote:

Blackburn equalised some point in the first half, and then Arshavin came along with a goal almost as good as the teams first, ball want straight through most of Blackburn’s defence.
Aah... Andrei Arshavin. I wish Liverpool had snatched him. Crying or Very sad He is simply incredible. Amazing quality, and I'd say beyond a doubt that he is one of the most intelligent players. I love watching him play when I watch Arsenal's matches. As crafty as they come.

Ginny Weasley wrote:

Good as the goals were, I don’t think Arsenal could have won the game were it not for Almunia, I never thought that much of him, but he performed spectuacurly in that game, saved a number of trickier shots, hopefully he keeps up this kind of thing.
Yup, good day for him. He cannot pull consistent performances though. You feel it is about time when Arsenal buy someone else. A real quality goal keeper. Well, they don't have to look far. Shay Given is sitting warming Man City bench, and don't think he's to happy about it.

Ginny Weasley wrote:

It was also good to finally see Fabregas and Van Persie starting, they haven’t done so since the World Cup, only downside would be Van Persie’s injury, I haven’t heard whether he’ll be fit for their next game.
Yeah, but I think Arsenal are pretty much used to playing without Van Persie by now. Don't think it'll be much of a problem for them now that they have Chamakh.

Ginny Weasley wrote:

Anyway, overall the team have played rather well this season, got themselves a point at Anfield, and then the 6-0 win over Blackpool…well I think the score says it all.
*sighs* Yeah it does... Lets see if they can win anything this season...

PostSubject: Re: Football League Season   

Back to top Go down

Football League Season

View previous topic View next topic Back to top