Battle Zone
We think you should log in. Don't you?

This is the site for everything and anything you want to talk about. Want to discuss the latest games? Done. Want to have fun? Done. This is THE place to have a great time.

HomePortalFAQMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

The pledge of allegiance.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Twin Dagger
Chatz Master
Chatz Master

PostSubject: The pledge of allegiance.   Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:46 pm

I pledge allegiance to the flag, of the united states of america,
And to the REPUBLIC for which it stands, one nation, under god,
indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

I really means, i promise my faithfulness to america. Thats what the first line says. But there is a funny little word in the second line that doesnt say we are a democracy. We are actually a republic. Every kid in america should know this pledge. We dont all have to say it but we should all know it. We always think of america as a democracy or a democratic republic. In truth we are not either we are a full republic. The constitution even says the republic of america not democratic america. Democracy means literaly the people rule. Or a mob rules. A republic is a group elects the leaders of teh country and the people in the country elect the people that elect the leaders. There is a huge difference between the two. The constitution has somethign called a bill of rights and other amendments as well. In a democracy those are open to inturpatation. In a republic the law is direct and can not be interprated to mean somethign else. Or constitution that we hold so dear, and that was written by our fore fathers, says one things. Or leaders today and other countries are telling us that we are a democracy. We try to be a democracy (which never works) but, we are truely a republic. I wanted to post this so that everyone on here knew the truth of what is happening to us. the truth of what the govt is doing. They are trying to bypass things written down before they were even born by the men that founded this country. People everywhere need to stand up and know the truth.

Sorry about t being so long everyone but it really is all important to know.

Off Topic I wasnt sure were to put this so if it is in the wrong spot please move it. thank you.
Back to top Go down
JudgeofMagic
Awesome Games are Awesome
Awesome Games are Awesome

PostSubject: Re: The pledge of allegiance.   Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:46 pm

I agree completely. This topic should be used to compliment mine on the constitution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.warriordomain.forum-motion.net
Lord of you
Programmer
Programmer

PostSubject: Re: The pledge of allegiance.   Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:13 pm

THANKYOU Keith!!!! I cannot believe the amount of people who think we are a democracy >.<
So anyway yeahh I am SICK of our government doing this exc.... Ranting and Raving Ranting and Raving Ranting and Raving Ranting and Raving Ranting and Raving

They are trying to force us into communism >.< I mean WTF!? in Barack Obama's health care bill he tried to pass. It was trying to keep the elderly and people with diseases from gettign the health care they need!!! I mean WTF!? !!!!
Back to top Go down
Captain Tezuka
I am picking my nose with a back scratcher. Got a problem with that?

PostSubject: Re: The pledge of allegiance.   Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:17 pm

Yeah guys.....though being a homeschooler I was never tought that xD
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/Obstinatus
Twin Dagger
Chatz Master
Chatz Master

PostSubject: Re: The pledge of allegiance.   Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:47 pm

Really? You wernt taught that? As far as I know every school in elemtary is teaches that to kids in michigan. Is this the case in other states as well?

@MD well spoken pal, well spoken.
Back to top Go down
Captain Tezuka
I am picking my nose with a back scratcher. Got a problem with that?

PostSubject: Re: The pledge of allegiance.   Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:19 pm

I learned it in a class like when I was 6 but that's it Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/Obstinatus
Artrain
Eternally lazy

PostSubject: Re: The pledge of allegiance.   Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:24 am

Here's what I found in "WikiAnswers":

Q: Is America a democratic nation?

A: Yes, though democracy is hard to define and there are varying levels of democracy. Political scientists and theorists have yet to present a unified definition of democracy but the foundations of a democratic society include freedom of the press, freedom of speech, individual rights, and the ability for individuals to elect their leaders. Democracy has had different meanings over time. Freedom House publishes a yearly ranking of the democracy of nations based on how open the political system is. There are also different types of democracy. The US is a republican democracy, while the UK is a parliamentarian democracy.

Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The pledge of allegiance.   Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:08 am

If you want to get into the technical side of things, America is a Democracy. However, we are a form of INDIRECT Democracy, not DIRECT Democracy. Direct Democracy is where THE PEOPLE vote DIRECTLY on all issues and their VOTES DIRECTLY create the results. In Indirect Democracy, the people vote for REPRESENTATIVES to vote in the people's BEST INTEREST. However, that is just the theory. It doesn't mean it'll actually work that way.

Ar explained the rest of it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://battlezone.forumotion.net/
Twin Dagger
Chatz Master
Chatz Master

PostSubject: Re: The pledge of allegiance.   Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:24 pm

People have any of you seen the constitution? The first thing it says is the UNITED STATES REPUBLIC!!! The govt calls us a democracy now yes but, and we are now a democracy yes, but we are not supposed to be. The govt tries to do things but runs into a wall because fot eh republic thing. Thats why we can still have arms in our house for now because they cant figure out how to be bale to find a way around not being able to interpet laws like that.
Back to top Go down
Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The pledge of allegiance.   Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:15 am

Dictionary.com wrote:

1. a state in which the supreme power rests in the body of citizens entitled to vote and is exercised by representatives chosen directly or indirectly by them.
2. any body of persons viewed as a commonwealth.
3. a state in which the head of government is not a monarch or other hereditary head of state.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

I frequently hear the claim, often by modern day politicians from both parties, that our nation is a democracy.

The word "democracy" doesn't appear in either the Declaration of Independence or the Constitution, the two most basic of our founding documents. However, Article IV, Section 4, guarantees "to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government." It's also noteworthy that our pledge of allegiance doesn't say, "the democracy for which it stands," but rather says, "the republic for which it stands". Nor do we sing "The Battle Hymn of the Democracy," but rather, "The Battle Hymn of the Republic".

The founding fathers, in their wisdom, knew that a democracy would ultimately lead to the same kind of tyranny that the colonies suffered under King George III. John Adams said, "Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There was never a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." James Madison said that in a pure democracy, "there is nothing to check the inducement to sacrifice the weaker party or the obnoxious individual."

What is the difference between democratic and republican forms of government?

In a democracy, the majority has unchecked power, either directly or through popularly elected officials. The law is whatever the government determines it to be and any restraint is upon the individual instead of the government. Rights are viewed as privileges and are granted by the government. Therefore, they can be terminated by the government.

John Adams perhaps best communicated the difference between the two when he said, "You have rights antecedent to all earthly governments; rights that cannot be repealed or restrained by human laws; rights derived from the Great Legislator of the Universe." Nowhere in our founding documents does it suggest that our rights come from the government. Rather, they are given to us by God and therefore, man cannot take (or vote) them away. This is a crucial difference.

In a republican form of government, all citizens and government officials are subject to the same laws. Government power is limited through a series of checks and balances. Government is not the giver of rights, but is the protector of rights, protecting it's citizens against fraud and force, but not intervening in peaceable, voluntary exchange.

Chief Justice John Marshall noted, "Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos."

Do Americans still hold the republican principles intended by our nation's founders? Do most Americans know or care about the difference between a democracy and a republic? Or, do we now prefer the type of tyranny that our framer's warned against, the type of tyranny where Congress can do anything that they desire, as long as they can drum up a majority vote?

This article is also published at The Freedom Post: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This site also has a poll, 90% of those voted say we are a republic. There's your technical.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://battlezone.forumotion.net/
Twin Dagger
Chatz Master
Chatz Master

PostSubject: Re: The pledge of allegiance.   Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:06 pm

Thanks for that shane. i would be among the 10% that say we are no longer a republic. We should be but we are not. The gov't does do basically anything they want because they get people to just vote for things without thinking. But that is just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The pledge of allegiance.   

Back to top Go down

The pledge of allegiance.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top