Battle Zone
We think you should log in. Don't you?

This is the site for everything and anything you want to talk about. Want to discuss the latest games? Done. Want to have fun? Done. This is THE place to have a great time.

HomePortalFAQMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

fiction story

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kenet2904
FRESH MEAT

PostSubject: fiction story   Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:23 pm

summary.
of this story

this is about a girl who has family problems, but her life changed when she
travels every night through her dreams.
one night she just found herself in a magical place and found this boy.
she was found by the emperor of this place and he claimed that she is their country's savior. . .

this is a story i wrote, for my assignment in English subject... it is a fiction short story, some of the scenes here are maybe familiar 4 u coz some of the ideas are from alice in wonderland and a manga called fushigi yuugi, and I need feedbacks people!

this is the first up to 3rd chapter of the story:

Chapter 1: The Crappy Life

I’m just staring at my paper for almost the whole lesson. The school bell rang and thank God, those two periods of calculus are finished. I packed my note book and all my stuff quickly and hurried to the door. I’m holding a record that no one can beat: be the one who first get out of that hell hole. I drew a deep breath and smoothen my hair that looks horrible, I never looked like this before, not since I moved in this place which I named ‘The living hell’ a.k.a.: the town of Harris somewhere in Texas I didn’t even bother looking at the map where it is.

It’s been 3 months since we moved here, and the ‘we’ I’m talking about is me, my father and younger little sister. I never wanted to move here or anywhere. I liked that place, the place where I grew up and the place where all of my friends are living and I really miss them so much and that’s where my life is.

“Everything was just so perfect back there.” I muttered to myself while walking to the locker area. I reached my destination and there it was: the damned locker. I call it the damned locker because it is at the bottom and has graffiti and curses next to the names written on it and it’s full of dust and sand inside. I dumped all my calculus stuff and grabbed my bag quickly and stood up and bumped my head on a locker door.

“Sorry, is your head alright?” The girl asked.
“I’m alright, thanks” I whispered to the girl without looking at her and started walking away from her. I headed to the girls’ bathroom and started to take a good look at myself. My hair looks horrible and my lip gloss is so not glossy anymore. Well I don’t care how I look anymore since me and my boyfriend broke up 3 months ago when he found out that we’re moving. While staring and letting my mind fly away with many thoughts, my eyes noticed an unfamiliar sight on my face, well except for the horrible hair and the not so glossy lip gloss. My eyes look so sad and kinda big, probably because of the thick eyeliner I put on.

Another crappy day has passed and I’m walking home. There are a lot of things are in my mind and that includes ;about the calculus test that we the calculus class are going to do tomorrow, what kind of ‘boringness’ is gonna takes place on me tomorrow, and many, many more. I was also thinking about my friends back home, what are they doing right now? This time we I use to hang out with themin malls and parks, giggling and laughing our guts out.

Old days back home, so perfect and – I’m here, standing at our front door, I didn’t notice that I was just thinking about random things for what seemed just like few minutes but I’m here at this front door, I didn’t know that 15 minutes has passed, well who cares? I’m about to enter my home for the past 3 months.

I turned the knob and took my first step to what would have been home but it doesn’t feel like it. A familiar voice called to me “Sairyll is that you? You here? Get me a bottle of beer from the fridge would ya? And clean up this mess.” My father is sitting on his couch and I answered back “Sure” I walked down the kitchen and straight to the fridge where I can find a stock of beer for my father.

“Hey Say’ how was school?” My younger sister asked me sitting on the table doing some art stuff.

“Great, how was yours?” I asked lazily.

“It was good but there’s a girl in the class who hates me” She said.

“What? Did you do something to her?” I asked her with my voice a little higher than usual.

“Nothing but she suspects that I stole her pink pencil” she said.

“But you do have a pink pencil right? We bought it at K – mart before the start of school.” I said to her.

“Yeah and it seems like we have the same pencil and she lost hers and saying that my pink pencil is her pencil.” She said.

“Ok, tomorrow, we’re gonna – “

“Hey! Where is my beer?” Father yells from the living room.

“Coming! We’re gonna sort this out later.” I said to her and walked away hugging 4 cold beers.

“Took you time, now clean this up” pointing at the coffee table with full of rubbish and it smells awful. I started to pick up garbages when he shoved me with his feet. “Get out of the way! Can’t see the damn show” He shouted and I got out of the way.

I headed to my room and let my body fall on my bed, I looked at my clock and “crap!” I said. I need to do the dishes and take out the rubbish, make sandwiches for tomorrow and also do home works for my social studies and journalism. I like those subjects, it’s interesting, but I have to do all of those before I go to sleep and it’s already 9:45. “Jeez I think I need to reschedule my house chores, it is really hectic right now.”

I just finished doing the dishes and done the sandwiches and I’m really tired. I got to bed and hoping that I could dream of something, just something so I can escape reality and go to a wonderland where everything happens. I like dreaming, like I belong to that world and not here.

Chapter 2: The Dream

I fell asleep just the moment I closed my eyes and just for a half a second I was dreaming. This dream is pretty unusual, different than the other dreams I had. I’m just alone and I’m stepping on something soft. Maybe a really soft carpet? I thought.

No, this one is too soft for that, it’s like cotton because it’s light and it tickles under my feet and it’s kinda cold too, or moist? I don’t care what it is.

I was just playing with my feet with the cotton thing under me and I noticed that I am wearing a white dress, it’s soft too, and I’m pretty sure that this dress is made out of cotton.
It’s beautiful, that’s all I can say.

I started to run and jump around the place.

This place is beautiful but where are the other people in this dream? I wandered around to see if there are any other people is here and I just hope I would find my friends. Well if that happens I would never want to wake up, hell, I will never go back to the reality if that happens.

I was half walking and half jumping around to find a human in this place when I caught a glimpse of something, something shiny and really attractive. As I walk towards it, I can see that it is really tall, like a two storey building and I can also see that this is a gold and silver gate with diamonds.

I laughed to myself, wishing that I could take a chunk of gold and silver and maybe fill up my purse full of diamonds.

I was just about to touch the gate but it opens itself. After a minute it is fully opened. I searched if there are any people inside it but there were none. I looked behind me and can see the endless space of white fog and inside the gate it was the same.

I took one step forward and I’m about to take another when I heard a startling noise and it sounds familiar. My alarm clock.

“Ah, hell.” I got up and went straight to the bathroom. Then I went to Erin’s room to wake her up. Ten minutes later, I got my uniform on and my bag ready and my sister just waiting for me outside and I’m ready to go. Not exactly, I don’t want to go to school and not ready for school, and I think I’m gonna screw my calculus test today, like big time.

Just one thing to do before we started walking to school: Get some money to spend. I tip toed in the living room, my goal is to get the money without him seeing me. And there he was, my father sleeping on the couch with empty beer bottles around him. I slowly took his wallet and get some money for breakfast and for my own savings then I tip toed out the living room. Another mission accomplished. That was funny, another mission accomplished. I thought to myself.

We went to a burger king shop first to buy our breakfast. Yeah that’s right, burgers for breakfast. We walked out the shop as soon as we paid and get our burgers. I checked the time and it’s just 8 minutes to go to start the classes.

“Ah, hell” I said.

This day is just pretty much like yesterday and the past three months. I sat on my bed and checked all of my notebook and schedules for tomorrow before sleeping. I guess I’m done for today.

I lied down on my bed and let all of my stress and problems away and bam! I’m sleeping and started dreaming again.

It’s like the continuation of my dream last night. Like last night I was about to step inside the gate. I lift up my right foot to take the step and I’m stepping and I went falling through the fog – floor. I tried to scream but it’s useless, who’s gonna help me here? I mean I’m falling, like a million foot up from the ground. So, instead of screaming I tried to copy those skydivers which I saw on TV but I failed. Just like that.

I closed my eyes and let myself fall. I’m gonna wake up any moment now if I just think that this is just a dream.

Then After I did that I stopped from falling. I’m lying on my bed with a really weird feeling under my skin. I think its grass. Grass –? I opened my eyes and – where the hell am I? I looked around and realized that I’m in a farm or field or somewhere with just grass everywhere.

A thought came to my mind – “My father abandoned me? Maybe he dropped my sleeping body here to get rid of me, how cruel, just cruel.” I shouted at myself. So I started to wander around the place and I walked straight to any direction I chose.

Chapter 3: Trouble

I think I was walking for an hour right now and I’m really hungry. I reached the pocket of this dress to get the wild cherries I picked on the way. Then a realization came in to me and dropped the cherries from my mouth.

“This white dress – “I trailed off.

“What is happening?”I asked myself.

I cannot believe it! This is still a dream. A sensation struck me and I heard my tummy grumble. I saw my cherries on the ground and quickly took it and hurled it down my throat. I think no one saw me do that, which is really gross if someone sees me do that.

I’m really hungry and couldn’t walk anymore; I think I walked a mile now. I sat on the grass and rest for a little. While resting I picked up a smell, and it’s FOOD!!

I followed the smell and lead me to a road, like a vintage road because it is not cement or asphalt. I followed the scent and there it is; a civilization. Thank goodness!

My to – do list:

First, I eat then I hitch hike back to that ‘living hell’, no, I’m going back to my real home which is in California. Wait – this is just a dream I just realized it before.

This is a dream.

It means that I’m still in my bed room on my own bed sleeping.

That’s right I’m still dreaming. This is all a dream! Then my stomach grumbles, again.

Well I need to eat first, before I wake up. I started walking toward to the city I found. I got there and something is not right. This is really weird. I thought.

What kind of place is this? It is really crowded and what’s with the costumes? I mean they are wearing it is year 1200’s or older. Well, this is a dream it’s supposed to be weird.

Then the smell hits me. Food!!

I went straight to a food store, but it doesn’t look like one. Anyway I need to eat. I started to look at the food the guy’s selling.

“Well, how can I help this young lady?” The seller asked me.

“Can I get two of those and one of that please?” I said, still staring at the foods.

“Here you go” the man said.

I grabbed it and get one piece of bread out and started munching.

“That would be three silvers, young lady.” The man said.

I froze and forgot that I don’t have any money with me and I knew it, I should have taken a gold or silver from that gate. I started to run and I ran like a demon was chasing me, well it wasn’t that hard when a guy is chasing you with an axe.

I ran to a much more crowded place. It’ll be hard for him to find me in this kind of place. I started eating again until I finished it all.

“Now what I’m gonna do next?” I looked around and saw that there are no signs of that guy.

“I know I will ask people where I can find the police station. In that place I can be safe.”

I decided to ask the people to know where I could find a police station. I saw a guy at a corner and he’s really good looking and I approached him. As I got closer I can see that he is more than good looking, he’s hot and that’s capital H hot, as my best friend Janine would say if she’s here. Then I just stopped. I’m feeling like there’s gonna happen something bad. Then the guy walked to me.

“Hey, you alright?” He asked me

“Yeah I’m fine. Oh yeah, do you know where can I find the police station? I’m new here and I’m lost.” I said to him like a dork.

“Sure, I know where it is. Follow me.” He said to me and gave me a really cute smile.

I followed him and we are really far away from the people now. “Are you sure this is the right way?” I looked around me and I can’t see any people, just broken walls and empty houses are here. It’s like a ghost town, but it’s still part of the city. I think.

“It’s alright, come on” He grabbed my hand and we walked with holding hands, which is really awkward for a guy you don’t know. A couple of minutes of walking further and I can see a group of people from a distance, and looks like they’re only guys. “He’s here, Dan is here.” Someone told the others. Then the guy holding my wrist tightened his grip and because it’s so tight I can feel my own pulse and it’s really fast.

“Let go of me!” I shouted at him. I hit his back which is really useless because he’s not even reacting to what I’m doing. As we reach the group he dragged me in the middle of the group.

“Nice fishin’ Dan, this one’s a beauty” The nasty guy told him with his eyes on me. The group is consisting of five guys with their late twenties and Dan is the 6th member of the group. A guy tried to touch me and I punched him. I do not know what happened but I think it’s my adrenaline rush that made me do that. “I like her” The guy I punched said. They all laughed.

“Get away from me” my voice sounded normal, which is good. I don’t want them to know that I’m scared. They started to surround me and I know just what to do.

I readied myself and my throat, these guys better prepare themselves. I took a deep breath and –.
“AHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!” I screamed like a damsel in distress just like the one in stories and I’m just waiting for the part where my knight in shining armour come and rescues me.

The guys laughed. “You think that’ll help you? Huh?” One of the guys said then touched my hair.
Okay. This guy pisses me off. “No one does that to Sairyll Rhodes” I shouted and charged to the guy and tackled him. One guy down.

I leap to the closest guy and pulled his hair and he screamed in pain. Then I did a wrestle attack the other guy and two guys down and 4 more to go.

A guy came running towards me and I did him a good head bat. What I did knocked him down. Three more to go and I did a supplex on the smallest guy which left him on the ground moaning in pain. “Come on. That’s all you’ve got?” I teased the guy. Then he was about to grab me when I kicked him right in the nuts. That made him cry in pain because of the hurt, I can see it on his face. Only one guy left and I’m done.

The last guy was just a foot away from me and I gave him an evil look and he looks scared. “What kind of martial arts are you using?” he asked with a shaky voice.

“From where I came from? It is called pro – wrestling!” I climbed up on a four foot tall rock and jumped from there and landed right on him. I got up and they’re all on the ground – defeated.

Last edited by kenet2904 on Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:38 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mozzie
OHNOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: fiction story   Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:38 pm

Rofl You posted it!! :D su-weet!!! Anyway, what's with the attachment, kenneth?!? :O you could have done the copy and paste method. Hahahah Laughing

Anyway, I'll be reading this later. For now, come over here and wake gem! XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.wkyc.com/weather/severe_weather/cancellations_closing
kenet2904
FRESH MEAT

PostSubject: Re: fiction story   Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:34 pm

lolz. . georgia!!! of course!!! took me time to figure out how to post something lolz. . .
well, i failed figuring it out, u told me where to go and how to post lolz.. . ok, i'll go ther, lunch time!!! n' maybe. . i'll do the copy and paste later. . lolz. .
Back to top Go down
Mozzie
OHNOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: fiction story   Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:41 pm

Rofl I was readin it! Hahahaha I thought the main character was a guy! XD

I'll finish It later.

whoa! I just heard the bell! See yah at lunch! :D

P.S I'll let others critic this. Lol tongue
Back to top Go down
kenet2904
FRESH MEAT

PostSubject: Re: fiction story   Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:55 pm

okay,. . i tried to copy and paste the story, and it didn't work,
the message is too big, , .it said. . .lolz. .

so i attached it. . okay, i'm coming over now nha!!!
Back to top Go down
Mozzie
OHNOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: fiction story   Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:13 pm

O.o Really? Err... You could post chapter by chapter if that's the case then. ;)

Edit: topic moved. XD

Btw Ken, you should make an introduction thread for yourself to let other members welcome you. Lol xD
Back to top Go down
kenet2904
FRESH MEAT

PostSubject: Re: fiction story   Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:53 pm

how do you delete a post, coz i made a mistake,
i double sent the other story lolz. .
Back to top Go down
Mozzie
OHNOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: fiction story   Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:06 pm

Haha no worries. Lol it's the admins or mods job to delete topics/threads. Lol

If you made a mistake, you can always edit your post. And I should tell you, you can double post in your topic here. Hmmm....

Go make an introduction. Lol Ill tell you how stuffs works here. XD
Back to top Go down
kenet2904
FRESH MEAT

PostSubject: Re: fiction story   Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:10 pm

ok. . r u an admin?!

if u're an admin. .

lolz. . ok. . explain 2 me everything. .

Last edited by Giorgia Nelle on Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Hahaha I did what you asked me to. And dont worry, it happens to everyone whos new. ^_^)
Back to top Go down
Mozzie
OHNOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: fiction story   Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:15 pm

Err..... Yes, I'm one of them. LOL

You should read this. READ!!! <- Thats's for writers like you. ;)

And I think you should also read this. ->

General rules of the site.

And if you wanna make a topic about yourself so that other members could welcome you, this is the right place. -> LOL!
Back to top Go down
kenet2904
FRESH MEAT

PostSubject: Re: fiction story   Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:36 am

i have read that already,. \

in my defense, i got some internet problems when i was posting the other story, n i accidentally clicked send 2 times?!!. . .lolz. .

I made it 3 chapters every post. .
lolz. . .

and i also made an introduction. . lolz. .

-kelangan bha tlga un?-

Back to top Go down
Sinitar
Discussions Moderator

PostSubject: Re: fiction story   Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:29 am

Hey kenet, it's nice that you have posted up a story, but don't you think it looks a bit far from presentable? It's a wall of text which threatens to come crush down on us readers. I will critique it for you, but first, please space it properly into paragraphs and dialogues. I truly cannot read something like that :/

Also, did you consider giving it a title, no matter if it is not the greatest one? Even a placeholder title can look better than fiction story, I can guarantee that.
Back to top Go down
Mozzie
OHNOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: fiction story   Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:50 am

Lol that's why I wanted him to post his story on here becUse I know you guys cAn tell him what he needs to improve And all.

Anyway, don't worry Ken. They're nice. Though, I admit, they can be harsh on making critics (sp?) lol. XD
Back to top Go down
Matt
Ex Staff
Ex Staff

PostSubject: Re: fiction story   Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:58 am

Sinitar wrote:
Hey kenet, it's nice that you have posted up a story, but don't you think it looks a bit far from presentable? It's a wall of text which threatens to come crush down on us readers. I will critique it for you, but first, please space it properly into paragraphs and dialogues. I truly cannot read something like that :/

Also, did you consider giving it a title, no matter if it is not the greatest one? Even a placeholder title can look better than fiction story, I can guarantee that.

Agreed to Gabs...

I suggest you read Writer's Basics and Useful Tips it was created to help out new writers like yourself Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.Battlezone.forumotion.net
Mozzie
OHNOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: fiction story   Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:13 am

Ye.. I gave him the links. I hope he read it though.
Back to top Go down
Sinitar
Discussions Moderator

PostSubject: Re: fiction story   Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:58 am

Giorgia tells him that I'm the resident nice guy around here Razz However, she is right with the harsh part. If you really want to improve, I'll give you the chance to pick a level of critique Kenet: From 1: Praise me pliz! to 5: Tear it to shreds. The choice is yours.
Back to top Go down
Mozzie
OHNOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: fiction story   Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:12 pm

Hush, Gabs! He's new to this kind of thing so, be nice! Hahahahaha Razz

Don't worry, Ken. Trust me, in the end, you'll thank them. Smile
Back to top Go down
Matt
Ex Staff
Ex Staff

PostSubject: Re: fiction story   Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:28 pm

Yeah, don't pick 5, I picked it once, I still regret it XD
Back to top Go down
Sinitar
Discussions Moderator

PostSubject: Re: fiction story   Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:29 pm

I am not the scarecrow of the forum Giorgia Razz Besides, if he doesn't want a harsh critique, he can pick the average level, which is 3. I'm just saying... I always value harsh critique over praise, and I want to be equal with everybody.

@Matt: My strength has doubled since the last time I critiqued. That was mild compared to what I did to Dawn of IF. But Timbowolf does the same to me, so it's a mutual favor Razz
Back to top Go down
Mozzie
OHNOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: fiction story   Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:32 pm

Oh hail the wise man! tongue

LOL Ken, seriously, you're gonna love this... ;)

Back to top Go down
Sinitar
Discussions Moderator

PostSubject: Re: fiction story   Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:41 pm

We're kind of spamming his thread :S
Back to top Go down
Mozzie
OHNOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: fiction story   Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:44 pm

Not really, no. We are kinda giving him an idea on how to accept critiques and such. And I'm talking to him, too. XD

Anyway, back on topic. -_-
Back to top Go down
kenet2904
FRESH MEAT

PostSubject: Re: fiction story   Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:39 am

um, I don't know what to say,

sinitar said something about, a title and a placeholder? and numbers, and then something else

and matt telling me to read Writer's basics and useful tips,. I think I didn't get the link for that

georgia just gave me the links about the rules and stuff. .

can someone please explain? like, 'cause you guys, flooded my post, like really fast. . lol

and I just didn't get it, ..

and I'm planning on editing my post so everyone can read it properly, I just don't have the time ryt now. .
so, next time. .
Back to top Go down
Sinitar
Discussions Moderator

PostSubject: Re: fiction story   Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:37 am

If I was a mod for this section, I would have edited your post myself. Maybe with some errors splitting paragraphs, but I would have done that Razz I was saying that you should give this story a name, even if it is temporary. It will look better than fiction story for sure. If you need any more help, feel free to ask away.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Ex Staff
Ex Staff

PostSubject: Re: fiction story   Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:30 am

What's that supposed to mean Gabs!! That I'm not doing my job?? XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fiction story   

Back to top Go down

fiction story