Battle Zone
We think you should log in. Don't you?

This is the site for everything and anything you want to talk about. Want to discuss the latest games? Done. Want to have fun? Done. This is THE place to have a great time.

HomePortalFAQMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

The eight kingdoms, RPG

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Assassino
*POOF* Err....Jack Has Gone on Vacation...Permanently.

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:01 am

Darrian read trough it. "We need names." He said. I have some information telling me that a Janette from Dorne is involved. I need to know where she is. Who is guarding the man."

When Atino didn't answer Darrian cursed. He thought of rising back to the White Horse but decided against it. Instead he walked back towards the castle looking for Harald.

Instead he meet Leliana in a narrow corridor. "Darrian" she said supprised. "I thought you'd left the city."

"Not yet. I need help. Do you know about a certain Janette from Dorne?"

She thought for a bit. "Janette is the Lady of the southern shores. She's heir to Dorne trough some marriges or something. Why are you intrested in her?" She asked with a smile.

"She bribed the kings guards and I suspect she is part of a bigger plot involving the assassins and god knows what. Has she left the city?"

"Yes. When I think about it it was strange. She took a large group of light cavalry, bowmen and hunters. Weird isn't it?"

Blasted. Darrian thought.

"I got to go." Darrian said. "Stay safe. You should get back to Oldtown. If they discover you that you have been helping us..." he let it hang in the air.

"I will. Stay safe." With that she turned around and dissapeared trough a door at the end of the corridor.

Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:14 am

The man attacked, two daggers (one in each hand) at the ready. And the bad part? He was really fast and strong...and his daggers had some kind of green liquid on them. Probably poison...just my luck. Shadow thought savagely.

Shadow dodged and parried the man, but was unable to land a hit. And in these confined quarters, Shadow was at a huge disadvantage.

Bloody hell. This is getting annoying. he thought. Don't know how long I can continue to evade him...

Back to top Go down
http://battlezone.forumotion.net/
Assassino

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:21 pm

Darrian rode with all possible hast towards the White Horse. They couldn't stay in the city any longer.

When he arrived he heard the sound of fighting. He drew a long dagger and ran upstairs to find Shadow and a new assassin locked in a fight. There was something green on the assassins blade. Poison?

Darrian attacked the assassin with a seris of stabs and low swings fit for these close quarters but were unable to hit the assassin. They were locked in a deadly duel.

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:58 pm

Thanos had been busy, looking for any leads to who the Assassin with no tongue could be. When he headed back to the Inn, he heard a commotion upstairs. Instead of entering, Thanos scaled the building and was perched on a branch of a tree outside so he could see through the window. There he saw another Assassin fighting Shadow and Darrian. None of their blows landed on this new Assassin.

Thanos stood up, took and deep breath and leaped off the branch. There was an almighty crash as Thanos smashed through the window and entered the room, sending broken glass flying everywhere. Now the fight was going to get ugly...

Lone Wolf
I am such a post-wh*re and I am proud of it.

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:43 pm

Ummm Thanos, There was no window to that room, only one door.......

Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:40 am

In correction, I will post as if Thanos had done nothing of the sort.
-----------
Darrian came into the room a little while later and joined in the battle against the Assassin. Whoever this man was, he was extremely skilled in combat. Darrian attacked the assassin with a seris of stabs and low swings fit for these close quarters but were unable to hit the assassin. They were locked in a deadly duel.

What was it going to take to win? That was on Shadow's mind. They had to be careful, for he was certain that this Assassin had poison on his blades.

But there was an advantage for Shadow and Darrian, Shadow realized. The room was darker than most places. That gave Shadow a small window of opportunity.

Darrian attacked the Assassin again, thankfully drawing the Assassin's attention off of Shadow. Shadow rolled out of sight, into the shadows, and launched himself at the Assassin, catching him unawares. However, the man reacted swiftly, and Shadow was only able to cut through a piece of his clothing.

Damn! Shadow thought in frustration.

Back to top Go down
Fog of Nature
Creative Moderator

Rank : Global Moderator / Resident Pokemon Fanatic / The Original Sexy Beast

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:09 pm

Coming back from his breakfast Kyne heard the clash of fighting in the inn. Bloody hell!

Running in he drew on of his swords and cautiously ascended the stairs. When he was up he saw Darrian fighting a cloaked man weilding twin knives, Shadow was behind and attacked the cloaked one to no avail. As the ring of clashing blades filled the room Kyne looked for an opening but tyhe room was so sdamn small there wasnt the space for his sword, as he watched and knives collided a drop of viscous green fluid flung of the tip of the strangers knife and splashed on Kynes cheek. Whatever it was made his cheek tingle unpleasantly, wiping it off with the back of his hand the same sensation followed.

Seeing as how close quarters were out of the question for him and poison was involved Kyne quickly ran to his room hoping the two would be alright for the moment. Quickly grabbing his crossbow and three bolts he went back to help. He impulsively took aim oblivious to the fighters...and fired, the first bolt passed through the mans cloak harmlessly embedded itself in the forwall. With a practiced hand he loaded the second bolt and fired... The stranger was about to bring his dagger down on Darrians neck as a bolt passed through his palm taking the knife with it and stooped in the ceiling. before anyone could react the third bolt caught him in the opposite shoulder, not lethal but enough to paralyze his other arm...
Back to top Go down
http://agnph.com/fics/viewuser.php?uid=2366
Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:23 pm

Suddenly bolts from a crossbow started flying. The Assassin's arms were disabled, and he fled. Unfortunately, he managed to get away without further injury or capture.

"Damn..." Shadow muttered. "Well, at least we're all right. Right? I wonder what he wanted with this other one...?"

Back to top Go down
Fog of Nature
Creative Moderator

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:39 pm

The assassin fled without any further injury, Kyne moved to pursue. With two dead arms there is no way he would get very far...
Back to top Go down
Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:45 pm

Shadow saw Kayne run past, pursuing the Assassin. What a wonderful idea... Shadow thought to himself.

"I'm following after Kyne after that Assassin. I'll be back shortly, Darrian." Shadow yelled over his shoulder.

A few minutes later, he was right behind Kayne, the Assassin sprinting up ahead.

"Shadow behind you!" He yelled.

Back to top Go down
Fog of Nature
Creative Moderator

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:58 pm

Once on the streets Kyne saw shadow following along with several other figures "Shadow behind you!"

At that Kyne berated himself for only grabbing three crossbow bolts, reaching for a knife he remembered he'd left those too. "Oh fantastic!"He yelled out loud. He brought both of his swords to bear and turned to the group of attackers. Letting his aggravation become apparent he came to stand beside Shadow flourishing his hooked blades intimidatingly...
Back to top Go down
Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:04 pm

Shadow drew his daggers, one in each hand. With Kayne beside him, he faced the group of attackers. The group, about 7 strong, surrounded them. Shadow lunged forward, slicing at two of them at once. They dropped their weapons, unable to hold them due to the fact that their arm muscles would no longer work properly. Kayne dispatched another 4 brilliantly while Shadow stabbed both daggers into the throat of the last one, twisting them to completely rip out his throat.

"Just great...I bet that Assassin got away during this?" Shadow asked Kayne, looking around while he asked.

Back to top Go down
Fog of Nature
Creative Moderator

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:26 pm

"... I bet the assassin got away during this?"

"Unfortunately, but..." Three of the men Kyne were fighting were dead and on the ground, the fourth was simply knocked to the ground and was now back up and fighting. Kyne slashed at his foe causing him to perry before countering, the counter attack was met by Kyne's crossed swords blocking. With both blades still crossed he slide them down his attackers swords length making then cleave through the hilt and removing the mans index finger making him drop the weapon. Kyne finished by using the momentum to swing his swords around, the hooked ends catching the man in the shoulders and with a swift jerk the tips of the swords drove into flesh making him yell out in agony. With a tug and a following push the man was down face first into the ground while he pulled the tips of his blades out. "...Its okay, I found a replacement." He panted...
Back to top Go down
Firesword assassin
Ice Breaker

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:41 pm

(Damn- my stupid sis must have posted my last post when I left the laptop unattended... She always does stuff like that. For the record, that post doesn't exist since it wasn't me who posted it.)

Thanos had not been at the Inn at the time of this attack, but he had been nearby. Scouting on a rooftop, Thanos saw 2 figures pursuing a 3rd. The 3rd figure managed t sneak away as the 2 other figures ran into trouble. Since Thanos thought they were quite capable of handling the attackers themselves, he decided to follow the person they had been chasing.

Strangely, the figure Thanos was now following had limp arms. Thanos guessed that this person had been wounded by Shadow and Kyne. Thanos swiftly crept across the roofs of buildings until his target, for want of a better name, stopped. He hadn't gotten far and was obviously not in good health. Thanos climbed down a building and dropped from a window ledge, landing just in front of the "target".

As first impressions went, Thanos guessed that this was another Assassin. How many there were that wanted Darrian and the others out of the way, he wasn't sure. Thanos decided to see what information he could get from this Assassin.

Assassino

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:40 pm

Suddenly bolts from a crossbow started flying. The Assassin's arms were disabled, and he fled. Unfortunately, he managed to get away without further injury or capture.

"Damn..." Shadow muttered. "Well, at least we're all right. Right? I wonder what he wanted with this other one...?"

Kill him I suppose. Darrian thought.

"I'm following after Kyne after that Assassin. I'll be back shortly, Darrian." Shadow yelled over his shoulder.

Yes sure, sure. You need two top trained assassins to take out a man with no arms. Obvious.

He sat down on the bed. Why hadn't he won? His skills were superior that he had seen but still he could not land a blow. If there were more like that assassin they were in serious trouble. Which is why we need to leave this damned city as soon as possible. He took out a map over the land and began to study it, wondering where the prince might be now.

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:00 pm

Kyne and shadow inspected the dead but found nothing of value and brought the survivor back into the inn, he struggled the entire way but could do little more than struggle because of his injuries. Getting back to Darrians room Kyne haphazardly dropped the injured assassin to the ground with a grunt. "Souvenir?"
Back to top Go down
Assassino

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:11 am

Kyna entered the room. He had the assassin with him. Kyna haphazardly dropped the injured assassin to the ground with a grunt. "Souvenir?"

"Mind telling me why assassins are after us all the time?" Darrian asked the assassin. He did not recive an answer. "I'd much rather you talk now. Much more pleasant for both parts."

The assassin just looked at him.

"The body can only take a certain amount of pain. Eventualy you'll give in. Or did they cut out your toungue too?"

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:01 am

Walking towards the North Gate Once more, Atino Began to search for what the clue might lead him to...

Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:30 am

"Unfortunately, but..." Three of the men Kyne were fighting were dead and on the ground, the fourth was simply knocked to the ground and was now back up and fighting. Kyne slashed at his foe causing him to perry before countering, the counter attack was met by Kyne's crossed swords blocking. With both blades still crossed he slide them down his attackers swords length making then cleave through the hilt and removing the mans index finger making him drop the weapon. Kyne finished by using the momentum to swing his swords around, the hooked ends catching the man in the shoulders and with a swift jerk the tips of the swords drove into flesh making him yell out in agony. With a tug and a following push the man was down face first into the ground while he pulled the tips of his blades out. "...Its okay, I found a replacement." He panted...

"Well, that is good." Shadow replied with a sigh. "Will you be fine on your own? These guys obviously weren't in the same league as that other one we fought. But I worry that there may be more of the first kind. If so, I should probably be with Darrian. We don't need him poisoned, injured, or killed."

Kayne gave a short nod of agreement, and Shadow sent off.

He entered the room where he had left Darrian several minutes later.

Back to top Go down
Assassino

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:08 pm

Then Shadow entered the room. In the brief moment Darrian looked away the assassin somehow managed to place something in his mouth and swallow it.

They didn't have time to do anything. The assassin feel to the floor and was dead before he hit it.

Darrian muttered a curse. Then he turned to Kyna and Shadow. "We cannot stay here much longer. I have information telling me the prince is somewhere in the southern forests. Now this would not be too bad had it not been for the fact that several nobles, or men hired by nobles to be correct are hunting for him. We need to find him before they do. We should leave as soon as possible. It will be a long journey."

Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:37 am

Then Shadow entered the room. In the brief moment Darrian looked away the assassin somehow managed to place something in his mouth and swallow it.

They didn't have time to do anything. The assassin feel to the floor and was dead before he hit it.

"Agreed. I'll ready my equipment and meet you outside within 5 minutes. I'll meet you there." Shadow said. He ran to his room, readied his equipment, and readied his horse. He was outside the inn within 3 minutes.

Back to top Go down
Assassino

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:44 pm

"Agreed. I'll ready my equipment and meet you outside within 5 minutes. I'll meet you there." Shadow said. He ran to his room.

Darrian laid his map back in the saddlebags and paccked his things. Then he saddeled Swiftrunner and meet Shadow outside the inn.

"We need to get the others as well. And we might have to split the team soon. Too many lose ends. I'll get Atino. I'll meet you outside the gate," With that Darrian rode of.

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:40 am

Looking intently over the gate he could find nothing....

Turning around and about to walk off he spotted a young lad, about the age of 12...

Walking over to him he asked, "Oi, Lad, Got any Information?"

"I might, for a price." Replied the Lad.

Sighing Atino Opened his palm and sitting on it were three gold coins...

Flipping one to the lad he said, "You get the rest after I am satisfied with your information."

"Well, There was this man who came here, he left me saying, there will be another man coming here, he will search the gate, and this is what you are to tell him... "Flee, if you stay you will die foreign one."" The lad Replied in a pleasant tone of voice...

Looking Around Atino asked, "Who gave you this piece of information?"

"A Man with the symbol of the royal house on his tunic..."

Swearing he spun around and headed for the inn, Slamming into Darrian who was running towards him, Knocking him down and rolling Atino came up lightly on his feet and with a chagrined smile, Helped Dar to his feet.

"What now Dar?"

Assassino

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:48 am

Atino slammed into him and threw him of his horse. It knocked the air out of him. Atino helped him up again.

"What now Dar?" Atino asked

He took a moment to regain his breath. "I know where the prince is. And he is hunted. We need to find him first. But there are so many loose ends. We might need to split up to follow them all. Have you found out anything?"

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:36 am

Seeing Shadow and Darrian pack their things Kyne took the hint and followed suit meeting Shadow outside the inn. "So where are we headed?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   

Back to top Go down

The eight kingdoms, RPG

View previous topic View next topic Back to top