Battle Zone
We think you should log in. Don't you?

This is the site for everything and anything you want to talk about. Want to discuss the latest games? Done. Want to have fun? Done. This is THE place to have a great time.

HomePortalFAQMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

The eight kingdoms, RPG

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Assassino
*POOF* Err....Jack Has Gone on Vacation...Permanently.

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:54 am

"Well, everyone ready?" Shadow asked, "and where shall we be heading?"

"I'm as ready as I'll ever be." Kynapis answered.

Darrian looked at Atino and saw that he was serious. "Lets go outside" He wispered back.

They went outside and Darrian made sure nobody was following. "What is it?" He muttered.

Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:44 am

"I'm as ready as I'll ever be." Kynapis answered.

Darrian and Atino went outside a few moments later, leaving the rest inside.

"I wonder what that was about." Shadow said, frowning. "Well, what would you guys wish to talk about until they get back, mm?"

Back to top Go down
http://battlezone.forumotion.net/
Lone Wolf
I am such a post-wh*re and I am proud of it.

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:40 am

Walking out the door, They turned around the corner and Walked to the end of the alley, and Darrian made sure nobody was following. "What is it?" He muttered.

Whispering to Darrian "I think we are going to be followed, I'll wait a day and follow the group."

Assassino

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:55 am

Whispering to Darrian "I think we are going to be followed, I'll wait a day and follow the group."

"Alright." Darrian replied. "I'll tell the others your out of the city for some time."

They walked in again. The rest of the team was there. "We'll get to work now." He said. "We need to gather all the information we can get about what has happened. But we must not draw attention to ourselves. We need to split up. We meet back here tomorrow night with what we have learnt. We'll plan our next move then." He pointed at Shadow and Rolf. You two are with me. Atino will be out of town for a bit. Now lets get moving." With that Darrian left the inn.

Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:40 am

They walked in again. The rest of the team was there. "We'll get to work now." He said. "We need to gather all the information we can get about what has happened. But we must not draw attention to ourselves. We need to split up. We meet back here tomorrow night with what we have learnt. We'll plan our next move then." He pointed at Shadow and Rolf. "You two are with me. Atino will be out of town for a bit. Now lets get moving." With that Darrian left the inn.

Shadow strolled out of the inn leisurely. Catching up to Darrian, he said casually, "Will you be fine without me? If you want to find out information, I'd do my work best on my own. At least for some time, maybe 4 hours or so. After that, I can meet up with you and Rolf here. If that's alright with you, that is. I'd have you come with me, but there's no way I could gain access to information with anyone else with me."

Back to top Go down
Assassino

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:20 am

Shadow strolled out of the inn leisurely. Catching up to Darrian, he said casually, "Will you be fine without me? If you want to find out information, I'd do my work best on my own. At least for some time, maybe 4 hours or so. After that, I can meet up with you and Rolf here. If that's alright with you, that is. I'd have you come with me, but there's no way I could gain access to information with anyone else with me."

Darrian took a moment to think. Then he answered "Yes. That'll be fine. I'm heading up to the nobles part of the city anyway. And they wouldn't look to kindly at one who is not one of them. Take the time you need." Darrian then changed direction heading up for the castle.

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:00 pm

The group had split up and were searching for information to feed back when they met again. Thanos had noticed that one of them, Atino, they called him, had not gone with them. The facts: Atino had privately talked with another member of this group, and then not gone with them. It was too slim a coincidence, so Thanos decided to watch his step in case of a follower.

Assassino

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:49 pm

Darrian continued towards the noble district. As he came close the buildings became taller and better looking. Large glass windows and statues dominated. Even the brothels here looked better built in marble with beautiful statues ouside their doors made of the finest oak. Darrian quickly walked past.

He keept course towards the large stone castle standing tall watching the city. Most of the nobility was gathered there. And most likely a few friends of his family.

When he arrived at the gate two tall guards in perfect plate armour crossed their huge axes. "Who are you sir? Are you here to participate in the tourney?"

There is a tourney Darrian thought. Maybe he should participate. Imressing these nobles could prove usefull.

"Yes" He replied. "I am Darrian son of Robert who is earl of the north by the way."

"Well you certainly look like one of them northeners." The guard said. "I'll let yah in" They raised their axes and Darrian and Rolf walked in.

Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:25 am

Shadow looked around a corner carefully. No sign of anyone, just as he had expected.

He let out a low sigh. He hadn't done this since the King had died. But it was necessary. And the best part was, during the day, the guards weren't all over this area in constant patrol. They watched the outside. Thank the heavens for that secret passageway. Shadow thought, moving forward. He knew where to go. Three doors down, a left...first door on the right...

He opened the door slowly, drawing a long knife, almost long enough to be a dagger.

Back to top Go down
Assassino

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:50 am

He walked toward the Tourney grounds. He could se countless servants and commoners walking from and towards it taking loudly to one another.

After signing up for the tourney Darrian went back to The white horse and got his armour and Swiftrunner.

This was to be a mass tourney with a melee at the end. Almost every famed knight in the kingdom was here. Most notably The Black Kinght himself. The most famed warrior of all.

The roughly 100 knights and nobles amongst them Darrian was diverted into two groups that would ride towards another. Then when they were on the ground thy would fight until only one man still stood. They fought with blunt weapons of course, but it could still be dangerous.

Darrian noted that he and the Black kinght were on the same side. Good. he thought. I would never hold my own against him on a horse, even Swiftrunner. On the ground however.

Then his train of thoughts were interupted as the horn anounced the beginning of the tourney.

Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:09 am

Shadow strode over to the mahogany desk pushed carelessly against one wall and started picking the lock on one of the drawers. A few minutes later, he opened the drawer slowly, quietly. He stopped, listening, to make sure no one was coming past the door.

He looked out the window. A Tourney field was below, far below. He was, after all, in one of the highest points of the castle. This had been the King's study. Shadow missed the King dearly. He was rather amusing.

Was it just his imagination, or did one of the fighters look like Darrian? It was really impossible to know for sure...but still. And it looked like that Black Knight had shown up. Interesting. Shadow pulled out the papers in the drawer, then shut it quickly. He left the room, heading up the castle. By this time, he wouldn't be able to go out the way he'd came in...the passageway would be flooded at this time of day.

Back to top Go down
Assassino

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:21 am

With lowered lances the two groups of knights rode towards each other. Darrian rode with caution unlike many of the young nobles. When the two groups clashed it proved wise. Many were thrown out of their saddles while Darrian and the other more experiensed warriors easily stayed on their horses. Darrian noticed the black knight dissmounting several opponents.

Swiftrunner turned around to face what remained of the other group. They waited as those that had fallen of their horses removed themselves from the grounds or in the worst cases were carried away.

Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:58 am

Shadow looked over the edge of the castle, watching the Tourney. The Black Knight, as suspected, was proving unassailable on his horse. He was the only one that Shadow could make out, due to his obvious appearance.

Shadow sighed, it was now or never, while the guards and everyone else was busy looking elsewhere...

Shadow pulled out a length of rope and a custom-made device. A blacksmith in a nearby town had been kind enough to make it for him.

Walking to the edge, Shadow crouched on the piece of wall that jutted above the rest, protecting any archers and watchmen from sight, but for Shadow it created the perfect platform. He hooked his device, a kind of metal claw, to the wall and threw the rope down a ways.

Shadow gripped the rope, his leather gloves protecting his hands. He started his way down, after checking to make sure the claw would hold.

I hope no one looks this way while I'm doing this...with any luck, something will happen at the Tourney that'll distract everyone... he thought adamantly.

Back to top Go down
Assassino

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:36 am

EDIT: OOC: There is a map over the kingdom in the original post in the DD section.

IC:
They rode for a few more rounds and the last of the more unexperienced fell of their horses. When Darrian turned for the fifth round there was only about twenty left which meant that if any they were thrown on their horses they would continue on the ground with swords until one man stood. This was when it all became intresting. Darrian could hear the spectators begin to scream bets to each other. Mostly about who was going to battle the Black knight in the end. He heard several names suggested. Not once his own. The more impressing.

The men rode towards each other once more and the spectators were silent. All watching their repective favourits.

The man who rode directly at Darrian was the knight sir Henry. A man famous for his part in a bloody battle against rebles in Oldtown. Henry must have though he would win easily for he pointed his blunt lance directly at Darrian's chest. The simplest of moves. Darrian did the same.

In the seconds before they made impact Darrian quickly brought his shield up in an angle that would easily deflect Henry's lance while at the same time he raised his own lance ever so slightly pointing it at his left shoulder.

They made impact and Hanry was thrown of his horse spinning around once or twice in the air. While Darrian rode past unharmed. Several people looked shocked. Mostly those that had counted on Henry who was laying still on the ground. He would not be able to fight on with a sword Darrian judged.

Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:06 am

Down below, Shadow heard everything go quiet. Oh, crud. I hope no one is looking up...

He chanced a glance down. He was about halfway there. And he could tell now that it was indeed Darrian down there. And he was doing rather well, it seemed.

Good luck Darrian. With the Black Knight down there, you'll need it. AT least, while on horse....I don't know about on the ground.

Back to top Go down
Assassino

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:04 pm

Darrian looked around. A few of the men had fallen to the ground and were fighting with their swords. As Darrian watched a man, a southern dissarmed his oppenent with a amazing display of speed and agility. However, he noticed that the southern was not using his feet quit as much as he should and stood rather still.

The audience was yelling and betting again. The noble ladies had also arrived. Most of them was pointing and shouting at the young sir Arthur who was sitting high on his horse in shinning armour with his helmet of. His long blond hair flying behind his in the wind. Stupid to take your helmet of.

Darrian targeted him on the next run. As they speeded up he could hear the ladies shout to Arthur how brave he looked. Darrian smiled. The young man was obviously just a fool with a pretty face. Darrian pushed his lance away with his shield as they passed each other and just as the two was side by side he let go of his lance and hit Arthur hard in the face. Arthur was unprepeared and lost control of his horse and was thrown of. After a few moments he got up and drew his sword. Darrian dissmounted and drew his sword as well. This was going to be fun.

Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:55 pm

Shadow finally reached the bottom.

Stowing the papers up the arm of his tunic, he headed towards the Tourney fields. Sure enough, there was Darrian. It appeared he had just knocked a fighter off his horse, and they were on foot now.

Shadow noticed everyone placing bets against Darrian. He grinned. He suspected Darrian had more than meets the eye. He placed everything he had on Darrian reaching the finals.

Then he went to find a spot near the front, but in the shadows. He crossed his arms and watched.

Back to top Go down
Fog of Nature
Creative Moderator

Rank : Global Moderator / Resident Pokemon Fanatic / The Original Sexy Beast

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:21 pm

Kynapis waited for everyone to head off while he pondered. Where did Atino run off to? Surely he didn't show up just to leave leave right away?

Gathering his thoughts Kyne headed down the main road until the White Horse was out of sight and turned into a side street...
Back to top Go down
http://agnph.com/fics/viewuser.php?uid=2366
Assassino

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:19 pm

Darrian assumed the his starting possition. He held his shield so that it would protect his left side and held his sword slightly pointed towards his opponent.

Arthur circled Darrian a few times. Mostly just to try and get him to attack first or do something stupid. Darrian did not move. Only followed Arthurs moves never giving him an opening. In the end Arthur lost patience and ran towards Darrian his sword raised. He intended to end the battle with one hard blow it would seem.

When Arthur was close enough Darrian sidestepped him and Arthurs momentum drew him forwards and his sword was burried halfway into the dirt. Darrian tapped his shoulder gently with his sword before taking a few steps back.

Arthur drew his sword up and attacked again. This time he tried a lower blow. But Darrian simply catched it with his shield and hit Arthur in the stomach with the pommel of his sword.

Then Darrian attacked. He stabbed forwards under his shield and Arthur was hit in the hand as he tried to avoid it. Darrian followed up with a series of quick but relativly simple blows to test Arthur.

It didn't go well for him. Arthur recived several blows in the short time before Darrian decided to finish it. Darrian smashed Arthur in the face with his shield before hitting his sword hand hard with the flat side of his sword sending Arthurs sword flying.

Arthur left the field and Darrian looked around. The black knight had also dissmounted and was batteling two experiensed warriors on ground with his sword. Darrian walked towards them with his sword ready.

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:44 pm

For a while the day held nothing of much interest until Kyne heard a crowd roaring somewhere. Following the sound Kynapis came across a large tourney and dcided to break to watch. As the mass of knights thinned to less than a dozen he recognized Darrian amongst the fighters. Darrian was fighting one man while the famed black night took on two on his own. "Ten silvers on that one." Kyne said placing a bet and pointing the Darrian as he finished off his opponent.

Kyne took a place amongst the crowd and watched as te Black knight finished his quarry and looked towards Darrian. This ought to be good
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
I am such a post-wh*re and I am proud of it.

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:19 am

Entering his room he flopped down on the bed, falling fast asleep...

Much later he awoke to sounds in his room, pretending to stay asleep he watched the intruder poke around in his bags and then suddenly he stopped poking around in the bags and froze, as Atino watched, the entity in his room vanished, he got up and went over to the bags, inside that said meet me at the old mill at 1430.

Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:19 am

It was Darrian and the Black Knight. Everyone else was finished. Shadow was looking around the spectators secretly, and found many of them were shocked that Darrian had made it this far. Then he saw something to surprise him: Kynapis. Shadow grinned.

Shadow went to place his bets.

"Take everything I've won, and put it all on the guy fighting the Black Knight." He said calmly.

Back to top Go down
Assassino

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:34 pm

The black knight defeated his two opponents by placing his left elbow in the face of one and then hitting the other one in the stomach with the edge of his shield. He then turned to Darrian. Unlike the others who had fought him until then the knight understood he had a skilled opponent. They both eyed each other carefully. The kinght was wearing full plate armour with a full helmet concealing his face. All of it black. Darrian was as usual in his chainmail and some light leather armour. If the knight managed to land a blow he was as good as out.

They circled each other. In the end the knight attacked. Confident he would win, he had every right to be. He had not lost a tourney since he suddenly appeared nine years ago.

The attack was sudden and suprised Darrian but he managed to avoid the blow. It was followed up by several others that he avoided or parried without using much strenght. His advantage laid in his agility.

The knight changed tactic after only a short time now relying more on quick stabs and blow that still had enough power behind them to sever Darrian if they hit. Darrian parried by moving in circles around the man giving quick blows that would be hard to avoid.

They continued fighting for several more minutes with a different tactics. Darrian managed to hit the knight but his armour made them harmless. The fight continued on. Darrian was begining to grow tired. The black knight showed no sign of the same. Blasted

Without warning the black knight went from a defensive stance to a full attack. He pressed Darrian back and forced him to relly heavily on his shield. The knight himself dropped his shield so he could use both hands in his attack. Darrians shield arm went numb. He tried to avoid the knights blows but they were to well placed and time and time again he caught them with his shield. He couldn't understand how the knight still managed to stay on his feet. By now any man wearing that kind of armour would have been long exhausted.

The spectators was yelling again. Obviously thinking Darrian was almost down. Not quit yet. When his opponent raised his sword for another fury of blows Darrian trew his shield like a frisbee. It worked suprisingly well as it was a roundhield and the steel edge hit the black knight in the vanurable spot between his helmet and armour. The knight went down without a sound and the audience was silent. Then someone yelled something and the rest followed. Darrian put his sword back in his scabbard. Picked up his shield and the black knights sword and raised it in the air in triumph as was the tradition.

Some angry people threw rocks at him. They had probably lost all their money. Others were praising him. Most likely those who had lost to the Black knight themselves and the noble ladies who always praised the winner. Darrian didn't care much. He was exhausted. The current regent, or at least the one who claimed the possition, decleared him the winner. Darrian took Swiftrunner by the reins and walked out of the field. Behind him the Black knight slowly got to his feet again.

Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:51 pm

Impressive, indeed. Shadow thought as he collected his money. Besides gaining a ton of money, watching the Tourney was worthwhile for learning a bit more about Darrian. I wonder where he learned to fight as such. Shadow shrugged. He had more work to do. But it was late, and he had another day.

He found a place to sleep, and went to sleep. Tomorrow he would finish his task, and then meet up with Darrian in case Darrian needed him for anything...

Back to top Go down
Fog of Nature
Creative Moderator

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:09 pm

Kynapis laughed out as Darrian raised the black knights sword in triumph, keeping a victorious grin he collected his winnings and turned to see Darrian walking off the field with his horse. Following him to the edge Kyne intercepted Darrian at the exit. Once Darrian was out Kyne made himself known by clapping his hands slowly. "Well played sir knight, well played indeed."

Darrian turned in surprise until he recognized who was speaking to him. "You were watching?"

"watching," Kyne stared, bringing a small satchel to bear and shaking it making it's contents jingle. "and profiting."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   

Back to top Go down

The eight kingdoms, RPG

View previous topic View next topic Back to top