Battle Zone
We think you should log in. Don't you?

This is the site for everything and anything you want to talk about. Want to discuss the latest games? Done. Want to have fun? Done. This is THE place to have a great time.

HomePortalFAQMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

The eight kingdoms, RPG

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:22 pm

Shadow's dreams were vivid. They flashed back in forth, the Black Knight sweeping in and out of them. The cries of injured rang out of the darkness, and fear engulfed Shadow. He awoke about an hour after night had fallen, his heart racing.

Screw this... He thought angrily. I'm getting to work...

Back to top Go down
http://battlezone.forumotion.net/
Assassino
*POOF* Err....Jack Has Gone on Vacation...Permanently.

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:59 pm

Someone came up behind him. "Well played sir knight, well played indeed."

Darrian turned in surprise until he recognized who was speaking to him. "You were watching?"

"watching," Kyne stared, bringing a small satchel to bear and shaking it making it's contents jingle. "and profiting."

"Good for you." Darrian said. "But shouldn't you be out working. Anyway, I'm going to go get my own reward and attend the feast they are sure to hold soon. I might snatch something up."

People began to appear around them exiting the grounds. Some pushed Darrian angrily away while others praised him as he was some kind of god. "I think it's best if we get going." Darrian said as a man tried to hit him in the face.

Rank : Global Moderator / Resident Pokemon Fanatic / The Original Sexy Beast

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:20 pm

"I think it's best if we get going." Darrian said as a man tried to hit him in the face.

As he spoke Kyne move wither practiced speed and precision bring a knife to bear while grabbing Darrians assailant from behind. "Give me a reason...please?" he whispered in the mans ear bringing the knife to his throat. He gulped and went limp as he realized what was happening, Kyne then nodded back to an alley going away from the growing crowd. Taking the hint he took his horse and fled, as he did Kynapis turned and shoved the man into the mass of people replacing his knife with the twin hooked blades of his swords and eyeballed each onlooker. "anyone else?"
Back to top Go down
http://agnph.com/fics/viewuser.php?uid=2366
Assassino

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:08 pm

Darrian rode down a few alleys and took a long way around the main streets. He wasn't really afraid of the people but he didn't like the thought of a mad crowd following him around. After making sure he had lost the followers he turned back riding back to the castle to attend the feast. One of his rewards for winning was the chance to sit beside the regent, or the Kings hand as the people called him. He had been the king's closest advisor in life. He had to know something. Or maybe he had staged it. Darrian didn't know.

Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:01 am

Shadow noticed Darrian heading between several alleys. Shadow, however, was on the roofs of the buildings. It was always preferable to stray to the rooftops in his line of work.

"Where be your angry hoard, Darrian?" Shadow mused. Then he realized where Darrian would be going. "Ah, tis fortunate that I ran into you, in a roundabout way, anyways. For I wanted a chance to speak with the regent, and now I shall have it. Once this...feast...is done, I shall have my chance..."

Shadow started tracking Darrian, following him as if Shadow was Darrian's own shadow....except on the roof tops.

Back to top Go down
Assassino

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:01 pm

Darrian got trought the gates to the castle quit easily. The guards recogniced him and treated him better than a god. He places Swiftrunner in a good looking stable on the far side of the main castle. Then he walked in a back door. Trough the kitchens where he got many alook and into a small hall leading to the main room. However as he was about to walk trough the door to the main hall a man blocked his path.

"Hello little brother." His brother said.

Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:00 am

Shadow watched as Darrian entered the castle. He was let in rather easily. Mmm...

Shadow knew he wouldn't have the same luck. He would have to figure out another way in. He was looking around. And then fortune smiled upon him: A window was open, just where he could get to it. And it looked like no one was in the room. This just might be my lucky day! Shadow thought.

Back to top Go down
Assassino

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:57 am

Darrian took a few steps back to look a his brother Harald. His second brother to be correct. He was a few years older than Darrian and some centimeters taller too. Otherwise they looked quit alike. Unlike their older brother. Harald was by far the brother he liked the most.

"Harald" He bursted out. "How long has it been? seven, eight years?"

Harald pulled him into a bear hug. "Too long," Harald said as he released Darrian. "And what brings the mighty warrior of the north to this humble city." Harald asked. "I don't suppose you went all the way down here too fight the Black knight. And with such strange company too. Assassins and thiefs they say."

"You know about the others?" Darrian asked shocked. Have we been that obvious.

"Yes. But don't worry. I own the White horse and I know the innkeeper. When I told him you was my brother he told me quit eagerly."

"Good. You mustn't let anybody else know. Can we speak in private?"

"My office" Harald pointed towards a door leading to a tower. Then he walked towards it. Darrian followed.

Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:40 am

Shadow slipped into the room, quite unnoticed. But no sooner had he entered the room than he heard footsteps and voices approaching. Crap...Guess it's not my lucky day...

He chose his hiding spot, and waited.

Back to top Go down
Assassino

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:58 pm

Haralds office was a circular room on the second floor. A large oak table dominated the room. Behind it was a plain wooden chair. The same thing in front. Along the wall was several bookshelves filled with books and paper. Several smaller tables and even a bed was present. The floor was covered with everything from documants with the King's seal to drawings that Harald must have made himself. Behind Haralds chair there was a large map of Westros.

"Sorry about the mess." Harald said. "I can't seem to find the time too clean it up and getting the servants to clean up my mess is a bit unfair don't you think?" He smiled. "Is that why your here? To clean my room?"

Darrian laughed. "Not quit." Darrian turned serious again. "Harald. I and my, friends, are here to find the kings killers and bring them to justice. No matter who or where thay are. And we are also supposed to find the lost prince. And I will need your help. Your the only one here I can trust."

"Indeed." Harald simply replied. "All I know is that the royal family was on a tour on the city with some nobles from Dorne when a crowd of people suddenly attacked. The strange thing is that the nobles from Dorne and most of the guards only recived minor wounds. In the aftermath it was said that a boy fitting the descriptions of the kings son left the city with two people. A man and a woman they say. Wearing grey robes and hoods."

"Then you know far more than me." Darrian said. "Have you any idea who might be responsible?"

"Oh hundreds. Half the nobles in the land wanted him dead after that law about taxes for nobles too. And I can think of several who both had the means and will to kill him. But you know all of this. For now I suggest you attend the feast and gather what you can. After that go to the castle hospital. Only two guards were seriously wounded. One is dead but the other one just awoke. Speak with him. He might help you. Now, lets go to eat and drink abit shall we. And talk about old times."

They both left the room.

Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:51 pm

Interesting... Shadow thought, after Darrian and the man named Harald left. He stood up. Thankfully, they hadn't noticed him hiding underneath the large oak table. That was almost too close for comfort...

Shadow walked out, carefully keeping track of his surroundings as he made his way towards the center of the building, to the feast.

Back to top Go down
Firesword assassin
Ice Breaker

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:54 pm

Thanos had been creeping after Darrian when he had entered the room with the stranger called Harald. He saw an open window but there was no chance of getting inside without being seen. In order to listen in on the conversation, Thanos made for the window and clung onto the window sill. When he was sure no one was looking out the window, he peered over the window sill to see Shadow crouched under a table. Clever... He thought.

After hearing the two men depart, Thanos climbed and sat on the roof of the building. If a feast was the destination, Thanos decided he had better get there. He ran across the roof tops in order to avoid drawing attention to himself in the crowds below by looking suspicious. Since the people were distracted by gossip of the tournament, no one would notice him, so he began his journey and followed Darrian to the feast.

Assassino

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:36 pm

Darrian and Harald took their seats in the creat hall. At keast three hundred people were there. Only nobles. The commoners was at home or had aranged their own feasts around the city.

Darrian was seted on the left side of the Regent on the far side of the table in front of the empty throne.

After a short time servants began to rush in with food. There was all kinds of it. From the simple dried and salted meat of the north to the most extreme dishes from the south.

The Regent stood up and began to speak. It was silent when he spoke so he didn't have to shout. He was rather carismatic. "People. Dear friends. We have just suffered a lose. As you all know our most beloved king died only days ago." A few nobles laughed. "No, no. He was a good king, I above all loved him like a brother. But we must look forward to a new era. Today it was proven that the young may now succed the old in protecting this land. Darrian here." He laid a hand on his shoulder. "Is a represtentative of this new generation. He was the first to ever defeat the Black knight. Now, let us eat."

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:43 pm

After a rather inspiring speech, the guests started to eat, and soon the whole place was filled with laughter and gossip. Thanos kept a distant yet careful watch, ready for anything that may go wrong. All seemed well, but it was better to be safe than sorry.

Assassino

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:49 am

The feast was as they often were. After the main meal the men drank large amounts of beer while the women drank wine. The young men would brag about their deeds while the women would tell gossip and disscus the men. The older nobles would talk silently about politics and trade. Darrian made sure to possition himself near the regent so he could hear everything that was said.

After some time of pointless talk Darrian asked the regent that was named Silvio "Who will become king now?"

Silvio aswered quickly "That is a matter yet to be decided. Why are you here Sir Darrian."

He decided to go with his cover story. "My father, Robert, sent me to oversee the crowning of a new king to make sure the voice of the north was heard."

"You already have two brothers in the city," Silvio said. "Why would you be needed?"

"My brothers haven't been home for over nine years. My father sent me because I still know what the north wants and feels."

"I see."

Silvio went back to the other nobles. Most of them people from the south. A few from oldtown as well. Darrian went back to his brother but made sure to keep an eye on Silvio.

Rank : Global Moderator / Resident Pokemon Fanatic / The Original Sexy Beast

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:13 pm

After a rather short chase Kyne easily escaped the mob by climbing to the rooftops. Following a similarly brief search he found himself trailing Darrian and by extent, Shadow. Once the two split up Kyne elected to follow Shadow in and made it a simple task to avoid the sentries. O ce inside he unfortunately lost track of Shadow but caught sight of a very rare, very dangerous individual. As a group they were nameless and similarly so individually, but in comparison loners like Kynapis these assassins were unmatched. These men were born and raised to kill, Kyne smiled and hid in the shadow of one of the smokestacks as the figure manage to grab onto a window ledge confirming his suspicion with a displays of agility and stealth.

After several long minutes the assassin left the ledge and moved towards the main hall either oblivious to Kynes prescence or uncaring. Kyne smiled as he followed to the best of his ability. The hunt is on... he thought as he grinned to himself in anticipation of the ultimate test as an assassin himself.
Back to top Go down
http://agnph.com/fics/viewuser.php?uid=2366
Firesword assassin
Ice Breaker

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:33 pm

Thanos had the feeling that it wasn't just him and Shadow that had spied on Darrian's and Harald's meeting. He swore that someone had seen him clinging onto the window sill, but ignored his instincts and shook off the feeling. He knew now that it was a mistake to do so. Thanos made sure to be even more careful with his actions, and decided the best course of action was to blend in with his surroundings.

Assassino

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:51 am

Later that evening Darrian was dancing with a lady his own age. She had asked him for a dance and he had accepted since she didn't look a s posh as many of the others. He had also gotten a bit more ale than he should.

They danced slowly for some time. Many others were also dancing. The ,usicans were playing a slow melody. She put her head on his shoulder and wispered "I have information for you."

Darrian was suprised but didn't give any reaction that might give him away. He wispered back "What kind?"

"It's about the king's son."

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:34 am

Poking around in the Mill, he saw no one yet it felt different, like there was a presence that was here, like someone was standing beside himLooking around one last time before he left, he noticed a small bit of Parchment...

Opening it and reading it, it said, If you wish to know who I am, Find something that is a cage, yet does not have four sides, I am Dull and boring, yet I block those who attempt to pass... The rest of it had broken up and was illegible.

Back oon the road he thought about that.

The only answer he could come up with was the north gate to the city, Breaking into a run, he ran back to the city, he wanted to find Kyne, and tell him of this, as Kyne seemed to be one who could figure out riddles such as these.

Assassino

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:30 am

"Tell me more." Darrian wispered.

"The king's son is no longer in the city. He was in the company of a man and a woman when some of my fathers scouts spotted them in the great souther forest. However. they dissapeared and my fathers men could not find them. He sent me to tell you." She told him.

"And who is your father and how does he know about me?"

"My father is the lord of Oldtown. He and your father are allies."

Darrian gave a small nod. Then they split up as the song ended.

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:43 am

Running back into the City, he headed for the north gate, Looking around it was empty, the Guards had all headed into the city for the night off and this gate was closed.

He searched each part of the Gate Carefully and found nothing.

Oh well he thought, I'll come back in the daylight and maybe I will find something.

Heading back into the town he heard of the song dance and feast, he headed there because he thought, that is where Darrian would be.

Assassino

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:36 am

It was getting even later and Darrian was getting tired. It was well past midnight and he had been up on the dancefloor most of the time. Often with the strange lady named Leliana. She seemed odd somehow. Out of place in the courts of King's landing. Even if she had a good reason for being there Darrian still had a weird feeling about her. He couldn't quit place it.

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:48 am

Walking into the Dance area he spotted Darrian, who looked like he was about to fall over, heading over to him he helped him to a chair, pulling out a small flask out of his Tunic he Gave it to Darrian and Said "Drink, It will make the weariness in your bones vanish.*

Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:51 am

Shadow had been watching Darrian closely, a bow strung at his side with an arrow knocked. Where there's smoke, there shall be fire... he thought as he watched. He didn't like the looks of one lady that kept interacting with Darrian, and he had a perilous feeling of the night. He knew he hadn't been the only one watching Darrian and Harrold. He was certain someone had followed him, at least for a time, after he had entered the castle. And he was certain someone, or some group was hidden nearby...

"The watcher in the night is the one most likely to find a strike." Shadow chanted under his breath. He cocked his head, listening. "And now to pull double duty. First I make sure Darrian stays safe, and then I make sure my back doesn't end up with a dagger or something buried in it."

And that's when Shadow saw a flicker of movement in the shadows.

"Game on." he whispered.

Back to top Go down
Assassino

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:05 am

Atino helped Darrian to a chair, pulling out a small flask out of his Tunic he Gave it to Darrian and Said "Drink, It will make the weariness in your bones vanish.*

Darrian took a mouth full and instantly felt better. He hoped it would also prevent the usual headace.

"Thanks. Stupid of me to get drunk like that. Found any information?"

PostSubject: Re: The eight kingdoms, RPG   

Back to top Go down

The eight kingdoms, RPG

View previous topic View next topic Back to top