Battle Zone
We think you should log in. Don't you?

This is the site for everything and anything you want to talk about. Want to discuss the latest games? Done. Want to have fun? Done. This is THE place to have a great time.

HomePortalFAQMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Your childhood memories.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Feral
Programmer
Programmer

PostSubject: Your childhood memories.    Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:40 am

So, I was watching some old movies today. I had an idea, (yeah, big thing for me, I know.) so, why don't you tell us your favorite childhood memories? Me shall start;

Sitting on my big brothers shoulders in the pool and using those pump water guns to shoot my little brother who was sitting on my father's shoulders.

Tehe, good times. Smile
Back to top Go down
Firesword assassin
Ice Breaker

PostSubject: Re: Your childhood memories.    Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:36 pm

Strangely enough, my favourite childhood memories involve some sort of stupid situation with disastrous results:

One memory that clearly sticks in my mind is one where me and a few friends decided to do something fun involving a trolley and a hill. So, me and my friends found this abandoned trolley and decided to go down this hill in it. There were about 5-7 of us in this trolley (it was one of the big ones and we were young and small so we all fit in) and all was looking good. That was until we noticed that there was a bend in this hill that we would need to get round.

Some bright spark decided to use the method of turning that you would use on a skateboard- tilt to one side. You can probably guess at what happened next... All the people leaning to one side, resulting in the trolley tipping over with a loud crash. No one was hurt, but there was a little problem: we were rather squashed in this trolley that was now lying on its side with all of us still in it- how were we going to get out? Friends to the rescue! The few friends that weren't stupid enough to go in the trolley rushed down the hill and had to pull all of us out of this trolley.

I must say that this little incident was rather fun and it isn't the only stupid thing I have managed to do. I think that I shall save my other stupid memories for another post, lest this break the record for the longest ever post.

Thorned Hope
I Like Cheese

PostSubject: Re: Your childhood memories.    Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:46 pm

All my favorite Memories are in third grade. Horse back riding was awezome! There was this time when my cousin came to my lessons and when she heard we were gonna put her on a horse she started crying, and for some weird reason I started crying aswell....either way I got put in a stall with the horse and when I was done crying i started singing my ABC's yeah..that was surely somethin' Another memory is when my horse got on its hind legs, I mean I was scared but now that I look back at it, it was cool. Another memory is having my first run with Jack!!!! Yesh that as my horse I used to ride. He was an old trustworthy horse. The first time he ran it was weird, I kept on going up and down on the saddle. *sigh* Good times, good times..
Back to top Go down
Sophia
Guitar God
Guitar God

PostSubject: Re: Your childhood memories.    Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:36 pm

Oh wow? My favourite childhood memory? You're asking me to remember years back? Well, this will take some brain power. I can't even remember what I did this morning. :D

I have so many that it's hard to pick. But I suppose one would be during the summers when my uncle used to come and stay with us. We would splash around in the paddling pool (me and my sisters that is) and chase each other round with a hose screaming. And then pour water all over the slide, and put this huge tarpaulin at the bottom of it, so you'd just slide all the way along it. We'd stay outside all day long, and then at dinner time they'd get out the barbecue, and we'd eat outside and stay there till it was all dark. Smile

Oh and there was also the time we drove around Scotland. We'd play the song Brown Eyed Girl and all sing along as we drove up the motorway. And whenever it came to the chorus my dad would swivel the volume up to max and we'd all belt out the chorus lines grinning my head off. Oh, and that was the first, and probably only time I've seen a wolf. Which I loved. Oh and I swam in the Loch Ness. And for years afterwards swore Nessie tried to pull me underwater.

I've actually thought of about a thousand more memories but that's enough for now methinks. bounce
Back to top Go down
Thorned Hope
I Like Cheese

PostSubject: Re: Your childhood memories.    Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:01 pm

Wasn't exactly favorite but I'd never forget...

I remember when I was in third grade once my mom went to work over night and when she left I'd go to my room and cry all night. (because back then my mind was way open. I'd thought she's never come back and sometimes I'd go to her room to make sure her suitcase and clothes were still there) either way my dad came in my room and always read "Secret In the Maple Tree" until I stopped crying and got in the book. Didn't finish it though :[

Another memory I'd never forget was I used to cry for days because I was scared of during and scared of my mom dieing. My sis went on about how when we die and end up in heaven we know no one and know one remembers us. She also went on saying how we get lost in heaven. And gosh that lasted until god knows when when my mom caught me crying. I also thought if my mom died I dunno what would happen. What about my brother? My sis? My dad? What would happen to them? What if I and my Sis and my dad died? What would happen to my bro? And I'd always cry over that. On the way back from youth group I'd always look out into the stars and hope we didn't die and if we did we died all together.

So yeah there's a little piece of me that you didn't know. Seems me worrying about everyone hasn't changed...
Back to top Go down
Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: Your childhood memories.    Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:05 pm

Most of my childhood memories I'd rather forget then remember...

So, I'll state a few that were...burned into my memory.

1 ) Crashing head first into a tree on my bike when I was like 12 or something. Was going around 20 mph.

2 ) Having my cat, Tiger, jump over my head while I was holding him and sliding down my back. Claws extended. Had a cut from left shoulder to right hip, kinda like Eragon and Murtagh...just not as bad. Never saw him again. I was like 6 years old at the time.

3 ) Riding my bike down a hill that the rain had put super deep ruts in. I was 7 or so. Did make it down just fine, multiple times. At the bottom was a creek that I loved flying through. It was awesome.

4 ) Trying to pop a wheeling on my bike and bustin' my arse every single time. Attempted repeatedly since I was 8. Last couple times, have almost done it Smile

5 ) September 11, 2001. Day of the fall of the Twin Towers, as well as the death of my grandfather.

That's all I'm sharing for now, cause that's all I can remember currently.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://battlezone.forumotion.net/
Captain Tezuka
I am picking my nose with a back scratcher. Got a problem with that?

PostSubject: Re: Your childhood memories.    Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:34 am

I might as share a war wound story.

I was 7... me and my sister were inseparable at the time, we did everything together, she and I are the two closest in age in the family, and we were two good buddies back when we were children. We now don't really talk or get along that much, but anyway.

So we had this large wood deck in the middle of the back yard in our old house. It was raised up about 4 feet off the ground, supported by thick pillars, it was a quarter circle, made for our pool so that we could put things on it like fun noodles and such, and get in easily and all that whatnot. So by the time our story takes place, I was 7 and our pool had been broken. How? A neighborhood kid rolled one of our huge tires (My dad brought us a ton of used tires from the university he works at) down the slope in our back yard into the pool, (this was a huge land mover tired like 4.5 feet high) and smashed the filter and it all broke. So the pool was removed, and the deck was just standing there in the middle of the yard, (Secluded by a lot of vegetation and tress though, mind you) with no pool. It still had the nice wodden ladder and everything, and my sister Mercy and I used to like to get on it and act as though it were a spaceship. We had at that time lot of sheets of sheet metal on top of it to protect the wood, and so my sister and I get up there. The rule was, if you went up there, you had to wear shoes. So I have sandals on as I always did as a child. I hated shoes other then sandals then... But anyway, my sister goes, "Spencer, lets take off our shoes!" I followed her lead, (She was the big sister after all, in those days my siblings had a strict chain of command) And we're walking around on the sheet metal on our bare lil footsie, and then we're getting off, and BAM what do you know, I kind of sideways kick a sheet metal corner, and rip a tear on the top off it. (How I managed this I don't know) So I go inside and show my mom, and my dad ends up having to come home from work and take me to the ER. The weird thing was, my foot didn't even bleed. a thick layerpeeled back, but all that was there was purple white muscley stuff.Anyway, that's all for now!
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/Obstinatus
Thorned Hope
I Like Cheese

PostSubject: Re: Your childhood memories.    Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:18 pm

Back many years ago...singing "True Friend" or whatever it was by Hannah Montana (hey I was in 5th grade and I was 11!!) and singing it to my puppy.

Then I took funny pictures of him on my brothers bed. And when he got under my bed. I also remember him jumping back and forth from my sisters bed and my bed and then him peeing on the foot of my sisters bed. And then he decided to sleep with me.

I also remember going to the Vets and going to a room and the smell of blood hitting me in the face and seeing my puppy in a little cubby where they put my puppy. He got run over by a car and couldnt walk anymore. Then we put him to sleep and burying him next to my sisters dog who died not to long ago either. I remember putting his two stuffed animals in there with him. And me keeping the ball he used to play with.
Back to top Go down
Captain Tezuka
I am picking my nose with a back scratcher. Got a problem with that?

PostSubject: Re: Your childhood memories.    Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:10 am

Those aren't childhood memories, that's two years ago! xD
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/Obstinatus
Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: Your childhood memories.    Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:51 am

And it was still childhood, Spencer. They still count.

I remember this one time, back in West Virginia, I was riding my bike with a friend down our dirt road. The scenery was so beautiful, and I was at peace for once. I'm usually not at peace. But we were just riding, hardly talking, taking in the woods and nature and all that. We were pretty young, before 9 years of age.

We got maybe half a mile down the road, and then I notice this....pile of something in the road. I pointed it out and we couldn't figure out what the thing was.

So I said, "We better be careful. It could be a pile of trash off a truck or something that'll pop our tires."

So we slowed down.

When we got close, this thing started moving, and then I realized what it was.

"Oh, sh*t! That's a f*cking rattle snake, dude!" I said, all wide-eyed and stuff. And, being the stupid adventurous kids we were, we kept going, very slow. We were walking the bikes at this point.

As we got closer, the rattle started up. It was kinda unnerving, tbh. And when we got maybe 20 feet from the thing, it rose up it's head and was hissing as well as rattling.

I'll never forget the look of that snake.

And after it rose up, I got this bad feeling and made my friend turn around and hoof it back to my house.

In all honesty, if we had gone a few feet closer than where we were, I think one of us would have been bitten and died.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://battlezone.forumotion.net/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your childhood memories.    

Back to top Go down

Your childhood memories.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top