Battle Zone
We think you should log in. Don't you?

This is the site for everything and anything you want to talk about. Want to discuss the latest games? Done. Want to have fun? Done. This is THE place to have a great time.

HomePortalFAQMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

The battle for Thedas: Character sheets

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Assassino
*POOF* Err....Jack Has Gone on Vacation...Permanently.

PostSubject: The battle for Thedas: Character sheets   Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:43 pm

Right. You know the drill, and if you don't I belive Pathfinder has been so kind as to post a guid on Character sheet making. sheet making.

Name. The Architect:

Age. Several centuries

Gender. Male

Personality. The
Architect is a highly intelligent Darkspawn emissary. Born vastly
different from his fellow Darkspawn. He was born free of the call
from the old gods. And was thus an outcast amongst the others. His
ultimate goal is to free the others from this call as well. Whether
this is to save his own race or because he wants to “correct” the
darkspawn so he will no longer be the outcast can be discussed.

The Architect normaly comes
across calm and polite. But he is also cold and manipulating. And he
will go to any length too achieve his goal, even if this mean he must
sacrifice his allies.. He understands little of the actions of other
races though he strives to do so.

He admires the Grey
Wardens for Always doing what is necessary, even taking the taint
into themselves, to better fight the Darkspawn. Many of his
experiment require Grey Warden blood.

General Appearance.

Weapons/Usual
Equipment. He carries no weapons on his person. Trusting his powerful
magic and centuries of knowleght and experience should combat occur.

History. The Architect
was born somewhere before the beginning of the Dragon age. More then
two centuries ago. He was an outcast among his fellow Darkspawn, who
feared him for his intelligence and power. In his early days the
Architect studied the world above the deep roads, searching for a way
to cut the Darkspawn connection to the old gods.

After years of search he
came to the conclusion that this was not possible. Instead he saw a
middle ground in the Grey Wardens. He sought to use the taint on all
of Thedas and to kill the Old Gods before they can be turned into
archdemons, thus ending all future Blights and creating a lasting
peace between darkspawn and other races. He managed to convince
several Grey wardens and even the First enchanter of the Ferelden
circle to help him. However, he was stopped soon after by a team of
Wardens. In the battle he lost his right hand. But he managed to
flee, and even regrow it, using magic.

The Architect then
continued his studies for several years. He discovered that using
Grey Warden blood he could “Awake” the Darkspawn and turn them
inteligent. Cutting them of from the call. However, when he tried to
use this on the Old god Urthemiel it went wrong. It tainted the Old
god and unleashed the fifth blight in 9.30 Dragon age. Luckily this
blight was ended only a year after.

He then proceed with
his experiments with some luck. Turning many Darkspawn into Disciples
as they were called when they became aware. But when a Broodmother
known as “The mother” Was awakened something unexpected happened.
She went mad because of the absence of the call. And she rallied the
un-awakened Darkspawn as well as many disciples to her side. The
Architect waged war against her and the Wardens became involved. In
the end “The mother” was slain by the same Warden who had killed
the Archdemon. But the Architect managed to convince the Warden to
let him continue his experiments in peace.

After this the
Architect occupied his time freeing Darkspawn from the call, and
hindering them from unleashing another blight. Also preventing them
from attacking Orzammar. He experimented with ways to free the whole
Darkspawn race from the call. He rarely left he deep roads. Until
now.

Last edited by Hotshot on Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DareDevil
Shamu Victim

PostSubject: Re: The battle for Thedas: Character sheets   Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:05 pm

Name:Valkieron (A Grey Warden Mage)

General Apperance:

Apperance:Valkieron looks evil but indeed he is a good guy and has a big heart that's goal it to do all of his duties. He gets a long with everyone. Valkieron has incredible height and get's a sweet looking uniform with it in his possession!

Powers: Valkieron holds a magical sword that flows all the magical powers through him which give him incredibly gifted magical powers.
History: Valkieron had trained for many years to get where he is today. He was a only child and grew up with just him and a mentor who has since noone know what's happened to him. Valkieron obtained the sword by only being the chosen one who could unleash the sword from the rocks could master it and yet that's what Valkieron did and he mastered the powers of the sword.

Weakness: If ever a reason that Valkieron lost or had it taken from him the one that took it would not be able to master the sword. Valkieron needs the sword to obtain it's full potential of magical powers!

Last edited by DareDevil on Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Assassino

PostSubject: Re: The battle for Thedas: Character sheets   Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:39 pm

Please specify: Race, history, and personality more closely. How did this guy become a Grey Warden. How did he escape the circle of magi(or was he part of the circle?). What did he do when the blight began. What kind of person is he. Is he and elf? Qunari(most likely not as they keep mages on leashes), or human?

It is also worth noting that magic in Dragon age has certain limits. These can be read more about on the link I gave in the original post.

Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The battle for Thedas: Character sheets   Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:37 am

Mats, that link gives me a missing page, essentially. Like the page was removed or something. Can you give us a new one or something? I'm failing at finding anything on that site.

Back to top Go down
http://battlezone.forumotion.net/
Assassino

PostSubject: Re: The battle for Thedas: Character sheets   Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:52 pm

Sorry, didn't see your post until now. Here: http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Codex

Right people, you've had a lot of time. Let me see those character sheets. Razz

Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The battle for Thedas: Character sheets   Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:54 pm

I just need to find a pic and double check some of my references and such and I'll post mine up.

BTW, Striking Cobra said it might take her a while for hers. She's kinda busy currently, I guess, or something.

Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
I am such a post-wh*re and I am proud of it.

PostSubject: Re: The battle for Thedas: Character sheets   Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:10 pm

Hmm...

Name: Mathayus

Race: Dwarf

Weapons: Axe, Sword, Crossbow, Daggers.

Armour: Dwarf Armour, much like in the Pic.

History: Little is known about the Dwarf Mathayus, Other than Dark-spawn killed his Father long ago, He Then Swore Vengeance against Dark-spawn and has become a Dwarf Legend since. In his many Fights against the Dark-spawn.

Personality: Will be revealed more and more throughout the RPG, For now though, Mathayus is one of the kind of People that speaks their minds even though it gets them in trouble most often.

Hows that for a Charry Sheet?

Assassino

PostSubject: Re: The battle for Thedas: Character sheets   Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:36 pm

A bit short maybe. I recommend trying to add in a paragraph or so on the history bit. You know, how did he come to join the Grey Wardens, which cast in dwarven society was he born into. How has this affected him. Maybe describe his weapons with a few lines.

Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The battle for Thedas: Character sheets   Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:10 am

I have my charry all typed up, Mats, but it's on my LT which can't get online here at home. So I'll have mine put up tomorrow. Hope you like it...at Arial 10pt font, it takes up 3 pages. :D

Back to top Go down
Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The battle for Thedas: Character sheets   Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:00 am

Okay, so I couldn't find a pic I liked for my guy actually, so I just have a pic of the armor he uses. Apologies.

Name: Edith "Shadow" Karasa

Known by most characters as: the Commander

Race: Elf, Dalish

Specialty: Mage

Appearance: Roughly 6' tall, almost always in black clothing (when not in armor, see pic for reference), the Commander is rarely seen outwardly displaying emotion. If not in black, he is probably in another dark color. The Commander hardly ever shouts, and thus almost always looks impassive. However, when he feels anything negative (disappointment, anger, etc.) he gives off a coolness that others can detect. His hair is black but beginning to turn silver due to the effects of being one of the Grey Warden. The Commander's blue eyes give him a fierce look due to his Elven attributes. Rarely blinking, the Commander (with his slanting eyebrows) comes off almost hawkish.

History (and kinda personality): The Commander was raised in the slums, being Dalish. Forced to rely upon his stealth and his wits, the Commander slowly gained the reputation of thief and pest.

Abandoned by his father at a young age (near birth), the Commander (originally named Edith Karasa) already had the seed of hate implanted inside him. When his mother, Lai (pronounced Lay), was murdered by Humans rounding up Dalish Elves, the Commander vowed for revenge.

After an interval of 3 years (he was Seven (7) when the incident occurred with his mother), Edith had gained the name of Shadow by the other Dalish in his slum prison in the center of the city. He could sneak through the walls and gates keeping the Dalish separated and explore the Human side of the city without ever being caught. Edith quickly shed his name completely in favor of Shadow with no regrets. Shadow refused to steal the necessities of life from his fellow Dalish and thus took all from the Humans he so despised. Thus he lived for another two (2) years.

While Shadow was 13, he found a Dalish living alone and secluded from even the other Dalish in the slum. By chance, Shadow fell upon the Elf at night and learned by accident that the Elf was a magician. Over the next week, the Elf (named Thain) couldn't go anywhere without Shadow begging him constantly to take Shadow as an apprentice. On the eighth (8th) day, Thain lost his patience. Thain agreed, however, to teach Shadow all he knew and suspected of magic...On one condition: Once finished, Shadow would leave Thain and never contact him again. "It's too dangerous..." was all Thain would say in response to Shadow's questions.

A year passed before the fated departure came. Four days after turning 18, Shadow was again on his own. But now he had a true advantage over the obstacles of his life. And now was the time for revenge.

For all those years, Shadow had tracked and kept tabs on the three (3) Human men who were directly responsible for Lai's death. They all lived in the same house, oddly, alone. Their names were Thorok (35), Cor (31), and Malik (29). A week after leaving Thain, Shadow stole several daggers and a smaller sword from a small shop on the Human side of the city. The shop assistant was found guilty of the crime several days later. Two (2) nights later, Shadow came across the three (3) Humans staggering home, drunk. Silently he followed them, and once they were all inside and asleep he stole into the house. Using magic, he broke in quickly and, most importantly, silently. 15 minutes later, Shadow reentered the slums. (The Human house was very close to the entrance to the South side of the slums). All three Humans had been stabbed in the heart repeatedly with one of the daggers (a different dagger per Human) and then decapitated with the sword. As he had been leaving the house, a thought had come to Shadow. For a point, he had gone back and sliced off the mens' genitals. After all, they had raped Lai before killing her all those years back. It only seemed right to Shadow.

The next day Shadow had left the city for good.
Many years passed and Shadow grew in all aspects. He got along fine with everyone he met, usually. Though, he still hated Humans and would only steal from them. However, life was not kind.

By the age of 19, Shadow had attracted the attention of the Templar. From this point on, Shadow was constantly on the run. He always had to be on the lookout, knowing the Templar was looking for him and wanted him dead. Several years passed with close encounter after close encounter, but Shadow seemed to always remain one step ahead of the Templar, if only barely. Shadow became even more seclusive and secretive and stopped showing emotions during this time. It helped keep him safe. He thought and reacted quicker than ever, and mistrusted nearly everyone he came into contact with.

As fate would have it, Shadow came into contact with a group of Grey Wardens. After gaining their trust, Shadow traveled with them. Due to this, the Templar lost all trace of Shadow for several months while he trained in all ways with the Grey Warden. At the age of 24, Shadow earned the right to become a Grey Warden himself.

Three (3) weeks later, he was ambushed by seven (7) Templay forces while en route to meet a small group of Grey Warden returning from assignment. At this time the Templar were ignorant of two (2) important facts: Shadow was a Grey Warden himself, and he was impressively skilled and powerful. Shadow easily overcame the ambush, leaving the seven men either dead or severely injured. He had shown no remorse or mercy, no restraing. He was a cold killer.

Over the next four (4) years, Shadow climbed the ranks of the Grey Warden. By this point, Shadow had long accepted that he would only live to about the age of 54. However, he still wished he hadn't limited his lifespan at times. But more often than not, he felt he had gained more than he had lost or would lose.

When Shadow was almost 31, he was the second most powerful Warden, second to the then-Commander. But that Commander was old, and died within a month. He had been a Grew Warden for 31 years. After the death, Shadow became the new Grey Warden Commander and began running the Grey Warden. He expected perfection, and anything less was bad news. The rest of the Wardens knew this, and feared Shadow (who was now known as only the Commander) for what he could do. The Commander emanates a chill whenever he became angry or displeased, which the others feel.

Even though he has ran the Grey Warden for the past five (5) years, the Commander still has much he wants to accomplish. The Commander is always looking for ways to increase his power and ways to expand his life beyond the expected 30 years. He enjoys the fame and glory he has earned, and secretly wants more. However, the Commander will not go out of his way for fame, glory, or even fortune. The Commander wants to wipe the world of the Archdemons and old gods to erase all future Blights from happening. Also, he hopes to be able to find out news of his father (to kill him, if nothing else), and to rid the Grey Warden (not just himself) of a severely limited lifespan.

But more than anything, the Commander wants to be loved and to feel love and to rid the world of evil.

Personality: The Commander rarely shows any emotion. Therefore, he comes off as having no personality, robotic even. However, the Commander is prone to intense and violent fits of emotion when stirred. Even worse, the Commander often acts like an ass and uses sarcasm regularly. He seems to care for no one, or so it appears at first glance. His anger is terrible to behold or to be on the receiving end of.

Back to top Go down
Assassino

PostSubject: Re: The battle for Thedas: Character sheets   Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:04 pm

Looks good Rain. Although with your background it looks more like your character is a city elf rather then Dalish. Also, is your character the First Warden? (leader of all Warden with headquarters in the Anderfels) or a regional Warden commander commanding say the forces of the Free marches?

The rest looks good. Some minor faults. Such as The Templars(there is more then one Razz ) instead of The Templar.

Now, we could of course start it of with this. As we have four sheets up. I'll see if we can't do that. Others may join in later, no problem with that really.

Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The battle for Thedas: Character sheets   Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:51 am

I would love to start, tbh.

Okay, as for my Charry sheet....
I was trying to make it so that my guy was leader of ALL Grey. Not just a regional. Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

As for the Templars, that was a simple mistake. I was just thinking that I had one section after the Commander all those times.

And my guy is a Dalish elf who was forced into slums, for the beginning of his life. After killing the men who raped and murdered his mother, he left cities (as best he could) to survive in the wilderness wandering and such.

Does that fix my mistakes?

Back to top Go down
Assassino

PostSubject: Re: The battle for Thedas: Character sheets   Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:10 pm

Sure. Sounds good to me. Just remember that your official title would be "The first Warden". "Warden Commander" or Commander of the grey" are titles for regional commanders.

Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The battle for Thedas: Character sheets   Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:58 pm

Okay, I'll have to try to keep that in mind. Does that mean that other characters can't know me as only the Commander?

Back to top Go down
Assassino

PostSubject: Re: The battle for Thedas: Character sheets   Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:17 pm

They can know you as whatever you want them to know you as. But the official title would be First Warden. Probably only used in formal situations.

Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The battle for Thedas: Character sheets   Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:29 pm

Okay, that's what I wasn't sure about. Then everyone can just call me the Commander but my official title will be the First Warden.

Back to top Go down
Lord of you
Programmer
Programmer

PostSubject: Re: The battle for Thedas: Character sheets   Sun May 08, 2011 1:48 am

Ok posting my character sheet O:

Grenwold Aeles But is just called by the name of Grenwold throughout the world and in all the ancient stories and histories and his name was used to frighten the demons for millenia, many think he/I am dead.

Species: Many different Elven factions but most going back to the ancient Elf culture and race when Elves reigned supreme.

Specialty/occupation: Magii/Sorceror/Wizard/Magician/Elementalist exc...

Basically using the old Elven Elemental magic with weaves but can also shapeshift to a degree, he can use telepathy with other creatures trained in it or who have not learned how to guard their minds.

Appearance: Tall as are most Elves, Grenwold is taller than most because his ancestory dates back to the Elves of Ancient time who were taller than their descendents. His hair is silver and long as well as a long beard both of which he keeps in perfect order xP. He has glowing Hazel eyes which seem to see right through you but are very warm and sometimes merry. He usually wears long robes in whites/greys/blues/purples/exc... and has a tall hat which he is quite proud of. Instead of a staff as most Magi he took a wand as he thought Staff's lead to less intricate magical spells and general intricacy. He also does not want a walking stick Razz . Set in the wand is a glowing stone that is white and glows like the moon-legend says it was given too him by the last of the Nymph race before they went into hiding where he could only find them, roughly five thousand years ago-he has carried it ever since. He also wears several rings which might be different talismans he has gathered over the years in different battles and quests and he also wears a chain around his neck which is set with a glowing crystal that looks like live fire.

He is a very merry, nice old magi once you get to know him but can seem gruff unless you know him and even uncaring and cold-that comes from his family being murdered by a Changling demon disguised as his mother. D: so sad.

He has always searched for the changling demon that killed his family and ripped them too peices right in front of him then leaving him with a cold evil laugh as the Demon thought it would be crueler to let him die alone in the room where his family was slain. But he survived being found by an old rogue magi who was half dwarf and his other ancestory unknown. the old sorceror took him in and trained him as best he could in the ways until he died ten years later of old age. After that he traveled the mountains and came upon a small Nymph colony who were in need of help. He helped them then stayed with them for two years, during which he fell in love with a young Nymph named Saerine. Later they were married and had a daughter, who which also possessed his magical gifts and he trained until her 21st birthday when she became the clans leader in their religion after her mother retired to care for the forests. They all lived together for many, many years until the demons began attacking them again and his Daughter, Elendae, led the rest of the people to their most sacred groves, and gave him the Moonstone to protect the lands before departing. He then went into the world and was soon feared by the demons the land over as he killed their most powerful priest demons and other foul spawn of their kind. After the Demons had begun to retreat farther and farther back during the years he then returned to the mountains to find his family but found nothing. He knew they were somewhere but could not find them because the Nymph's had hidden their trail so well and erased all signs of their existence. He continued to search for them till this day hoping to find the fair maiden he had fallen for those many years ago and his beautiful daughter.

Ok I am not going to write anymore for now because I really don't have time too write five thousand years worth of stuff Dx ummm right now Grenwold is basically just woken up from a magical induced sleep to keep him from aging and to restore his health and vitality. He finds that the Demons are returning and one of you will have to read about me or something and come looking for me xD. I might add more later too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The battle for Thedas: Character sheets   

Back to top Go down

The battle for Thedas: Character sheets

View previous topic View next topic Back to top