Battle Zone
We think you should log in. Don't you?

This is the site for everything and anything you want to talk about. Want to discuss the latest games? Done. Want to have fun? Done. This is THE place to have a great time.

HomePortalFAQMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Lady of the Night

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Lady of the Night   Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:47 pm

Lady of the Night
by: Shane Nelson

Light. Bright, blinding, greenish light. As I opened my eyes, that was all I could see. I blinked rapidly and rather stupidly. But, hey, wouldn't you? Wouldn't you, if you woke up with no idea where the hell you were?

Yeah, thought so.

As my eyes slowly adjusted to the light, I let myself drift through my last conscious memories. Unless I was seriously jacked, they were from last night...

Getting picked up by Jack in his brand new Ford Raptor.

Cranking up Cryin' by Aerosmith on his system.

Heading to Emily's party towards the end of town.

Jack saying, in all his seriousness, "No stupid stuff, Mason. Seriously, I wanna get laid, and stupidity doesn't help that."

Resisting the urge to tell him I wasn't the one he needed to watch for stupidity.

The party was just a blur in my mind. Just random sounds, thoughts, words, and images rushing through my head. Nothing more. It was wild...I think. Especially the one thing I can actually clearly remember from the party.

A girl I didn't know pulling me by my shirt, gently, into a dark room. My heart beat quickening. Her dress was black, like everything else she wore. It was tight fitting. Her raven black hair tumbled over her shoulders and down her back. Smelled so, so sweet. She was hot. And not just because her dress showed plenty. Not because it was tight...and low cut. No. I reached out to flip the lights on, but she stopped me. Whispered, "No...leave 'em off..." Her lips brushed against mine. Soft, gently lips. My hand was in her hair. That sweet smelling hair. She unbuttoned my shirt, sliding a finger down my chest, hooking my belt. I moved my other hand down her back, grabbing her ass. I groped it, feeling how tight it was. She let out a moan of expectation as I slid my other hand down to her ass and grabbed a cheek in each hand. While I groped them next, I pulled her closer to me. Her hips were up against mine, our breathing quick. She slipped her right hand down my pants while I continued to grab her ass...

"Snap out of it, Mason!" I growled. "Figure out the present, not relive the past!"

By now, my eyes had completely adjusted to the light. As I slowly clambered to my feet, I looked around. All I saw was....nothing. Absolutely nothing. Trees, bushes, plants, plants, and more plants. I sighed. Where the hell was I exactly? As far as I could tell, there wasn't a living thing around me. Well, not counting all the freaking plants.

I thought back to the night before again, looking desperately for a clue, anything at all, that might explain why I was in the middle of freaking nowhere. Guess what I found.

That's right. Absolutely nothing. But hey, no surprise there, right?

"Fuuuuuuuck..." I groaned, punching a nearby tree in a futile attempt to assuage my frustration. Not fear, mind you. I didn't feel fear, ever. Not the star linebacker. Not a guy at 6' 5", 280 pounds of muscle. Even if I was totally screwed with a scraped hand from punching hard, inanimate objects again.

Sometime later, right as I was finishing relieving myself, I heard a quiet crunch of footsteps on leaves. Quickly, I zipped my fly and stepped out from behind the tree.

"What the..." I blurted out. Why? Well, just 'cause there was, you know, no one there. "Hello?"

Great. Just G-R-E-A-T, great, I thought angrily

"Ah, but it is, isn't it?" A female voice sounded out mockingly, as if in response to my thoughts. It came from all directions. I'll admit, I was getting a little freaked out at this point.

"Who's there?" I asked loudly. Maybe a little too loudly. You know, just a bit.

The voice laughed. "Are you scared, Mason? Scared of little ol' me?"

"Hell, no!" I yelled, seriously peeved now. "I don't fear nothin'!"

"What a shame," the calm voice replied disdainfully. "I mean, seriously. You've got the looks but a head of rocks. Double negatives, anyone? And any ways...I love it when my men show fear. it's soo much hotter and sexy. And it makes them taste soo much better. It turns me on."

"What the hell are you talking about? Who are you? Where are you?" I asked frantically. I really need answers. Like, now.

A figure stepped out from behind a tree. It was now dusk, giving the girl a mysterious look. Her raven black hair, perfectly straight, fell halfway down her back. She wore all black. Overall, her figure came off as slender yet solid. I could see it in how she walked. Then again, maybe walked isn't such a great word for it. Perhaps strutted would describe it better. She was totally out of this world. If only I had known just how much.

My jaw dropped. "No way. You're--"

"--the girl from the party, yes," she finished smoothly. She was very close now. Probably too close. A shiver ran down my spine. Not a shiver of expectation, sadly. All my tough manliness couldn't ward off the fear I felt now. Her eyes stared with the light from Hell's fire and looked out hungrily. She no longer smelled sweet, but of death and decay. Her grip on my arms was like stone. I didn't even realize she had grabbed them. I struggled to get loose, but to no avail. "That's better," she practically purred. She leaned closer.

Her lips touched my neck and I felt a quick prick of pain, as if she had poked a safety needles in my neck. She stayed like that for what seemed like an eternity, hardly moving. She made no sound...except for the almost constant moaning of pleasure. And slowly I felt weaker and weaker, as if something was sucking away my life.

Then she let go and pulled back, finally. Promptly I fell to the ground, barely conscious. I looked up at her, feeling a dampness on the side of my neck. Blood dripped out of her mouth and off of two cruelly sharp fangs protruding from her upper jaw. Slowly she licked her lips, all the while staring gloatingly down at me. I lifted a shaking hand to my neck. When I look, alarm fluttered up my stomach. My hand was drenched in blood. Quickly I felt my neck, and discovered two holes about two or three inches apart. My eyes widened as I searched for the girl, but she was already gone...Gone with the wind...

That happened nearly 90 years ago. Never again did the mysterious girl appear before my eyes. Not that I ever hope to see her again. 'Cause I now know what she is. What I am.

We're vampires.

You heard me, vampires. I looks exactly the same as I did 90 years ago. I've had to wander around, feeding off of anyone I could in order to survive. I keep to myself, mostly. Most other vampires I've met, or killed, are way too blood thirsty for my liking.

But, hey, who can blame them? It's a way of life, in a matter of speaking.

Seriously, what would you do if you had to feed on blood in order to survive?

Exactly.

End

Back to top Go down
http://battlezone.forumotion.net/
Mozzie
OHNOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: Lady of the Night   Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:59 pm

Lollage boy! That was great! I admit, the italics part made me feel awkward but that doesn't matter! The good thing about this story is that, it isn't long and it isn't short. Just right for a short story length. I like it, tbh. Well, not like, love it. Feelings are there. I was actually hooked lol! and I gotta say that I love the style you've used. Well done. For me, this is your best story so far. No kidding there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wkyc.com/weather/severe_weather/cancellations_closing
Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: Lady of the Night   Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:02 pm

The italicized flash back is meant to show how the girl can entice Mason, and how much Mason is just a teenage guy with nothing to think about but sex.

As I said in chat, this is a completely new style for me. First time I've tried writing in this style and everything.

Glad you really liked it.

Back to top Go down
Mozzie
OHNOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: Lady of the Night   Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:05 pm

Rain Stinks wrote:
The italicized flash back is meant to show how the girl can entice Mason, and how much Mason is just a teenage guy with nothing to think about but sex.
LOL I can tell... I gotta say that you did a great job in descriptions, though.

Quote :
As I said in chat, this is a completely new style for me. First time I've tried writing in this style and everything.

Glad you really liked it.
Actually, I prefer stories with styles like that. Makes them more enjoyable, in all seriousness. Will you make a new one? Just curious.
Back to top Go down
Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: Lady of the Night   Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:06 pm

I'm thinking about it. Or maybe continuing this one, if enough people like it.

And I tried to describe everything that was going on as best I could.

Back to top Go down
Mozzie
OHNOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: Lady of the Night   Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:08 pm

Well, I will like it more if you will continue this one... but a new one is fine. Although, I gotta say, I really love this new writing style.

ANd like I said, you did a good job at it. Keep up the good work. lol
Back to top Go down
Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: Lady of the Night   Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:09 pm

Thanks. AS I said, if enough people like this one I'll continue it. Though I'm still trying to figure out how I would do so. All suggestions are welcomed.

Back to top Go down
Mozzie
OHNOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: Lady of the Night   Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:10 pm

LOL I'm sure they will like this. ;)

And I wonder if you could try to write a story about the 'real' world. It'd be interesting....
Back to top Go down
Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: Lady of the Night   Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:11 pm

Mmm....Well, tbh, it would probably have to involve teenage interaction, such as the Italicized flashback.

Back to top Go down
Mozzie
OHNOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: Lady of the Night   Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:12 pm

Well, I wouldn't mind, you can count me on that.

Last edited by Mozzie on Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: Lady of the Night   Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:13 pm

^_^ Great to hear. Now I just need some others to tell me what they thing about all that.

Back to top Go down
Mozzie
OHNOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: Lady of the Night   Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:14 pm

LOL Me too! xD Don't procrastinate with stories LOL
Back to top Go down
chsbobcat1
FRESH MEAT

PostSubject: Re: Lady of the Night   Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:43 pm

I love it. Well written (unlike this post.)

It would be pretty awesome if you were to continue writing this story. In this style. Or another. That would work too, but I also like stories with Italics. I feel like I get a deeper look into the character's mind. A closer connection.
Back to top Go down
https://profiles.google.com/AnLee.Brown
Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: Lady of the Night   Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:25 am

Glad to hear you like it, Chs. Maybe over spring break I'll have to give a shot at adding a possible next chapter to it.

Back to top Go down
Lady Blood
Guitar God
Guitar God

PostSubject: Re: Lady of the Night   Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:13 am

really good if this was a whole book i wouldn't put it down for a second until i was done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lady of the Night   

Back to top Go down

Lady of the Night

View previous topic View next topic Back to top