Battle Zone
We think you should log in. Don't you?

This is the site for everything and anything you want to talk about. Want to discuss the latest games? Done. Want to have fun? Done. This is THE place to have a great time.

HomePortalFAQMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Battle for Thedas

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Assassino
*POOF* Err....Jack Has Gone on Vacation...Permanently.

PostSubject: The Battle for Thedas   Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:01 am

OOC: Right, this is from the POV of my character (Obviously). For the first few pages of the RPG my character will most likely be separate from the other characters. You guys start out in Kirkwall while I'm somewhere else.

IC:

He was hovering just above the ground, just as he always did when meeting with others. It made sure they understood his power. Such a simple trick, yet so useful for keeping others fearing and respecting him.

He was in a large room. The old stones surrounding him were illuminated by several torches,
that sent a wavering orange light trough the room. Many of the stones were cracked and some of the many pillars supporting the roof high above had fallen. But considering where and when this temple had been built it was in remarkably good shape.

The magisters of ancient Tevinter must have been powerful indeed. He thought. And many too, to build such a place.

The disciple calling himself the faithful was standing before him. He looked fearful. One bad thing about awakening the Darkspawn was that with intelligence came fear and other emotions. He found that curious. Why it was so was one of the things he studied. Along with so many other things.

“What have you discovered?” He asked calmly, looking up from his journal.

The faithful looked around. He was indeed Faithful to him. He would never reveal anything to anyone else. A useful ability. “They are gathering in Kirkwall.” He whispered. “The best of the Grey Wardens. They come to find you Architect. They will come for you, and the First Warden will be with them.” He spoke like he became angry at the very thought.

“Interesting. Do you know why this is?”

“Yessss, they come to seek your help against the Blight.” The Faithful answered. “Do not trust them master. They will surely kill you when they discover it. We should kill them. I would gladly do it master.”

“You do not need to call me master.” He reminded him. “But no, the Wardens can be useful.
As they always have been. Let them come. If they reach me I will know that they are worthy. Go now, take The spy with you. Monitor their progress, report to me directly using the means we both know. If they discover you, do not reveal anything, you know how.”

The last line seemed to make The Faithful happy. Almost as if he was glad he could prove his loyalty troughs that act. As if he didn’t know that he already understood that. Maybe the Faithful didn’t know, curious. After many centuries of life the Architect still did not understand the actions of others. They were so different from him.

The Faithful bowed before him. Then he quickly left leaving the Architect alone in the ruined temple hall.

Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:40 am

The Commander looked up from his brooding as a low-level Grey Warden entered. "Sir, you asked that you were to be informed when the others arrived..." he stuttered slightly.

The Commander narrowed his eyes. "Really? I never would have guessed." there was a pause. "Let them come in."

The human left. How the Commander hated the human Warden.

The war against the Blight hadn't been going as well as they had hoped or thought. The Darkspawn was too much, too powerful, to beat on their own. The Grey Warden were going to need help, and the Commander knew who could help. But it was risky business. After all, the Architect was....different. The Commander knew a lot about him, and he didn't know for sure what the Architect wanted or planned on doing. Even if he did use the Grey Warden from time to time....

The biggest problem with using the Grey Warden was that those who the Commander sent never came back. He knew that they most likely died or were killed. And here he was, getting ready to lead an expedition to go ask the Architect for help. For all the Commander knew, it was just a trap. Maybe the Architect was the problem, the cause, of the Blight. Who knew? The Commander, however, knew that it was worth the risk. He was the most powerful Warden alive, and probably the most powerful Warden ever.

He put his hand on his sword, though he preferred to use magic whenever it was best to be used. Life was complicated since becoming a Grey Warden. He only had 30 years to live since then, and his life was probably a good 50% done at this point...

The big granite door, 2 feet thick, began to open. The others were coming in....

Back to top Go down
http://battlezone.forumotion.net/
Assassino

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:50 am

He went back to his experiments. He was wondering how to make all Darkspawn sentient, as usual. Some called him mad for still doing that. Some hated him for it. Some hated him for even wanting to free the Darkspawn. A pity they could not understand all he wanted was peace.

They said that his experiments led only to death, and in many cases that was true. But, to achieve his goal sacrifice had to be made. That was the way things were.

Now though, he was near a breakthrough. He had separated the substances in Grey Warden blood, trough use of magic he had just discovered. If this could be spread to all Darkspawn his dream would come true.

Unfortunately his last attempt at that had been a failure. Catastrophic, even he could admit to that. No, he did not want to think about it. If he succeed all that would be forgotten.

If the Wardens proved worthy they might help him do that. Or maybe they would oppose him. They sometimes did, unfortunately.

Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:00 pm

The Commander thought back to everything he knew about the Architect. He really didn't have anything that he thought of himself for the mysterious being. He knew he experimented to free the Darkspawn, but why? So many failures, so many mistakes. It seemed mad, almost.

The Commander pushed it out of his mind as the other Warden he had summoned, the best of the best. They were to accompany him on his quest to find the Architect.

Back to top Go down
DareDevil
Shamu Victim

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:14 pm

Valkieron a Grey Warden Mage had followed the orders of the commander and set's off with the commander on the quest to find the architect
Back to top Go down
Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:44 am

OCC: DD, we haven't left yet.... -_-

IC:

The first of those summoned to enter the chamber was Valkieron, a distinguished Grey Warden mage. The Commander personally thought he showed promise in the magical arts, but was....Well, the Commander didn't like Valkieron's personality. He was a bit cocky.

Back to top Go down
Assassino

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:18 pm

He was out of Warden blood now. Unfortunate, but it didn't matter. He had used it well, and he could soon replenish his supplies.

he heard some distant footsteps. Heavy boots made good sound on the stone floor. An irritating sound, one more reasons for not touching the ground at all.

The footsteps came closer. Soon a shadow appeared in the doorway and then a darkspawn replaced it.

It was The Scout. One of his many informants.

As he approached The architect asked "What news?"

"The forces of the unawakened(aka the Archdemon's forces) are approaching Kirkwall. They will lay siege to the city."

"And has the Archdemon himself moved?"

"No."

"Good"

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:20 pm

Growling Mathayus Sprinted into the Chamber, "You summoned me Master?" He asked The Commander.

Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:40 pm

Growling Mathayus Sprinted into the Chamber, "You summoned me Master?" He asked The Commander.

The Commander looked down upon the dwarf. How Dwarves became Grey Warden still was a mystery to the Commander. But they tended to be great fighters, at any rate. The Commander raised his hand, pointing to the map on the wall. It covered an entire 30 foot stretch of the wall.

"Yes, I did. We have a very tall order to make. We must travel far and find the Architect. There is much that needs to be taken care of, and not just with him." The Commander watched Mathayus intently, wondering if the Dwarf would react to the jabs about his height.

Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
I am such a post-wh*re and I am proud of it.

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:21 am

"Yes, I did. We have a very tall order to make. We must travel far and find the Architect. There is much that needs to be taken care of, and not just with him."

Mathayus Grunted, "We shall make short work of it then, like we always do."

He suddenly grinned. "Do we get to do some Axe work while we are at it?"

Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:01 pm

The Commander frowned at Mathayus's bluntness. "You are always blood-lusting. Don't you ever have better things to do than go around picking fights with anything that moves? And never be so cocky again. It will be your undoing, eventually."

Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:32 pm

"You are always blood-lusting. Don't you ever have better things to do than go around picking fights with anything that moves? And never be so cocky again. It will be your undoing, eventually."

"Yes, Blood-lusting is a way of life, I take Blood so others can live free, and I am cocky because Simpletoons like you cannot understand me when I am not."

"Battle Zones are my place because Dwarfs are fighters, Yet your type o Master and commander prefer Negotiating so you don't have to risk your neck and put it on the line for others..." By this time Mathayus was grinning because his Master could not deny the blunt hard facts he had thrown into his masters face.

Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:24 pm

"Yes, Blood-lusting is a way of life, I take Blood so others can live free, and I am cocky because Simpletoons like you cannot understand me when I am not. Battle Zones are my place because Dwarfs are fighters, Yet your type o Master and commander prefer Negotiating so you don't have to risk your neck and put it on the line for others..." Mathayus was grinning now.

"Negotiation is irrelevant except when necessary. You know full well by this point in your short lived, and short expected, life that I have not reached my point without my fair share of fighting." The Commander said, a coldness emanating from him. With a flick of his wrist, he sent Mathayus flying into the side wall, where he hit hard. (MATS, SORRY, BUT I'M NOT ENTIRELY SURE ABOUT THE RULES OF MAGIC IN THIS WORLD, SO...HOPE THIS DOESN'T BREAK THEM) The Commander didn't take that kind of action or thoughts. He had focused his entire life to help these ungrateful bastards, more or less. Much less from those much less in intelligence than himself. "Do not try me, Mathayus. You and I both know you cannot match me in skills of the brain or brawn. But then again, what should I expect from one who cozies up with braggarts and layouts?"

Back to top Go down
Assassino

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:33 pm

OOC: No problem Rain. Of course you can throw somebody into a wall if you like. What's the fun of being a mage if you can't? Razz Just remember that magic isn't overly powerful in this world. There are ways to achieve more power, but everything has limits. Also, Dwarves are somewhat resistant to magic.

IC:

The Architect watched as his subjects carefully gathered up his belongings. They carried them up the spiraling stone stairs, up and out of the temple under his constant watch. He had learned not to trust them too much. He remembered once they had lost one small package of a very rare type of lyrium some years ago. It had blown a hole in deep roads large enough to fit a dragon. The Darkspawn who survived he had had to kill as they had gone insane from the effects of the lyrium.

No such thing happened now. Soon his army was on the march again. The Wardens needed to think he was on their side, and he supposed he was. So he was going to help them, a little.

The army began to move. He would leave the battle to his military commanders.He would send a message to the Wardens himself.

Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:05 pm

OCC: Thanks. Just wanted to make sure I was doing it right.

IC:

The Commander continued to stand like a stone, one hand gripping the sword on his side in precaution. He almost hoped the Dwarf would try something. While the armor he wore slowed him down some, it was very hard to penetrate. And he was still faster than your average person of any race, generally speaking. And all the years he had in the Warden and life gave him an edge in pretty much everything.
"Am I clear?" he asked icily.

Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:03 pm

Mathayus let out a grunt as he made contact with the wall...

"Do not try me, Mathayus. You and I both know you cannot match me in skills of the brain or brawn. But then again, what should I expect from one who cozies up with braggarts and layouts?"

*Rolling his eyes Mathayus Experimentally Flexed his back muscles to make sure nothing was seriously damaged...

"Am I clear?" he asked icily.

Mathayus Flicked his wrist and then there was a Dagger in the floor at the Commanders Feet, "Sure you are, Or at least you are clear to me the brains of this outfit, but for layouts and Insolent little rats like yourself... That, Com ser, remains to be seen." He was still grinning.

Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:07 pm

The Commander suddenly smiled, it was an dark smile. Moving fast enough to be a blur, the Commander threw his own dagger at Mathayus. Except he wasn't aiming low. No, he wanted to make a point. The dagger hit the armor on Mathayus' shoulder with enough force to put a small hole in it.

"You still do not seem to understand, I have not gained the title of First Warden by mere brains. I have fought for it and earned the right. I am the best of the best of the best. Why continue your useless attempts to one-up me? You cannot win against me."

Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:44 am

"Because you are an Elf, Why else Elf?" Mathayus Spat towards Shadow as he had nicknamed the Commander.

Turning he Stalked out of the chamber of the first warden.

Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:39 am

The Commander's eyes flashed. He called in one of his servants. "Take as many men as needed and bring that Dwarf back in here. Drag him if you must." The Commander said violently. He practicaly spat the word 'Dwarf' out.

Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:42 am

Mathayus Unlimbered his Axe as he walked away from the Warden lair...

He heard Footsteps approaching, "Hey Dwarf, Get back to the master."

He spun Slicing the Messenger in two.

Then four Wardens Emerged from the darkness around him.

He sung his axe up and removed one arm with his axe, then the second thing he knew was darkness.

Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:29 am

The Commander was angry now. Truly angry. One of his favorite Messengers had been killed by that Dwarf, and another Warden was missing an arm. Such a dreadful temper, that was the problem with Dwarves...But luckily the Dwarf was subdued now. The other Wardens had taken care of him while he had dismembered the first. A quick club blow to the head and the Dwarf was out.

The Commander thought for a bit and decided to deal with this problem now. He had the Dwarf dragged to a nearby room and chained to the wall, 5 feet in the air.

Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:41 am

He came to with his Arms suspended in the air....

*Sighing Mathayus thought for a second*

He had of course been in this situation many a time and broken out of it too....

He craned his head around and saw that only his axe was missing, he still had his other weapons on him. He Sighed once more and then with a pull of his arms sent himself upwards onto one of the Knobs where the Chains hung.

Gripping one of his daggers he slipped it into a link and then jumped off the knob and the force of the fall plus the link having been weakened by the Dagger, it broke and he swung around almost went feet first through the wall. Instead he gained momentum and with his free hand worked his second dagger into the links of the one chain holding him up.

He swung again around the knob where the chain was hooked up to and came crashing down to the floor, the chain broke, slowing his momentum enough for him to avoid hitting the floor with to great of a impact.

He then, re-sheathed his Daggers and strode out to find the warden.

Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:56 am

The Commander watched from a dark corner as Mathayus escaped. Then he used magic to shut the door securely before Mathayus could exit. Then he sank back into the shadows still hidden.

Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:40 am

Mathayus saw the doors close ahead of him, Twisting around he shouted. "Show yerself you Vile Elf, he who hath not a right to call himself First warden"

With that he securely guarded his mind with his knowledge of Magic arts, and thought only of one thing, *The face of the Vile elf*

Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:17 pm

The Commander stepped out of the shadows silently and let out a chuckle. "No right, you say? I have ever right. I have every right since I am more. More in many ways. I earned the right, while you have barely earned the right to be called a Grey Warden fighter. Are your deeds noble and epic? No one denies it. Have you let it go to your head, making you think you have powers beyond your abilities? Obviously. You are shallow, Dwarf, shallower than the empty river." The Commander kept a hand close to his sword, but it looked like a natural position. He would have his sword out and ready faster than thought if the need arose.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   

Back to top Go down

The Battle for Thedas

View previous topic View next topic Back to top