Battle Zone
We think you should log in. Don't you?

This is the site for everything and anything you want to talk about. Want to discuss the latest games? Done. Want to have fun? Done. This is THE place to have a great time.

HomePortalFAQMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Battle for Thedas

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Lone Wolf
I am such a post-wh*re and I am proud of it.

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Sat May 07, 2011 10:00 pm

"Stand and fight. This is war. We will fight to the edge of the world, and push these beasts off!" he yelled.

"Aye, you have three minutes before each and everyone of these houses Blow, Still sure you wan't to stand and fight?" Mathayus Growled as he Thrust his sword through the enemy in front.

Withdrawing his Sword he Lopped the head of the Darkspawn, Killing it.

Activating his Charm yet again, He started to make meatwork of the Darkspawn, Sliding around every blow, he killed one after the next, Spinning his Bade faster than the Darkspawn could react he slew them.

The Darkspawn Kept coming, there seemed to be no end, but Mathayus knew otherwise...

Half Time

Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Sun May 08, 2011 1:16 am

"Aye, you have three minutes before each and everyone of these houses Blow, Still sure you wan't to stand and fight?" Mathayus Growled as he Thrust his sword through the enemy in front.

The First Warden fought along side Mathayus, adding kill for kill with the Dwarf.

"Of course I still plan on standing and fighting. How else would those Mages be able to prepare the needed spell? They would be overrun in seconds." The Commander growled.

The First Warden slipped between two Darkspawn, slicing each's legs out from under them, and dashed forward, thrusting his blade through the skull of a third that was about to attack another Warden.

2 minutes... he thought...

Back to top Go down
http://battlezone.forumotion.net/
Lord of you
Programmer
Programmer

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Sun May 08, 2011 1:32 pm

The old man walked like he was still young, but at first glance you would not notice it underneath his apparent ancient life, of course he did not feel like he was young he felt quite old mentally, but with age came wisdom, and he was quite wise. The reason he walked like he was young was for an obvious reason, his body was young-or young in the sense that he had just woken from a self-induced magical sleep which restored his vitality. He had however not allowed his creased face lined with wrinkles or his silver hair to be changed by the process as over the years he had found that younger people were not listened to as much and were not treated with respect.

It was early morning and the dew was still on the highmountain grass which covered a small meadow where he dwelled in a tall ancient looking tower. Small flowers now bloomed in and among the grass giving off a pleasant aroma and soon the field would be filled with bees, intent on collecting pollen for honey. The Sun had just barely crested the ridge to the East and now the golden suns rays fell down on the meadow making all the dew look as if it were diamonds.

The old man-his name of this age is Grenwold-strode purposely down the path which had been beaten into the meadow for centuries of walking to and fro. His mission was to go and visit the Seeress who lived farther up in the mountains, because ever since he had awoken in his tower he had a sense of foreboding and of impending evil and doom-not good signs to be starting off this century with.

Today he wore a light grey robe, intricate in stiching and not overly embroidered but did have just the right amount to seem elegant. In his hand he held a wand of about a foot and a half set with a milky stone which glowed dimly. on his hand he wore several rings all of which had peculiar stones of various coloring, all looked ancient and they were, as well as the stories that were carried with them. He wore a tall pointed hat, which had a brim that shaded, wise looking hazel eyes. The hat also was in grey. He carried no weapons of metal and no staff as most people did in that day. He did not use them or need them. Lastly he had a silver chain around his neck set with a crystal that looked of fire. No he really did not need a sword or stick with what he already had.

Walking out of the meadow he began climbing the worn trail into the mountains, where the Seeress dwelled in a humble abode. Some called her mad, but from his years of experiance he knew there was no one more skilled in the land at her craft, he was lucky that she lived so near.

The trail wound farther and farther up into the mountains and he watched warily both sides of the trail for the Seeress kept a wildcat which was non too tame. But he saw nothing in his journey and by the afternoon had come and gone he was finally at the small rundown cottage where the Seeress dwelled alone but for her animals.

"What do you want Old man!" a cackling yell sounded behind him. "You know I don't like trespassers on my property!" the old woman stood behind him on the path waving a staff that looked much more like a cudgel, in her rage. "How dare you come too me after last time!" She was absolutely livid by this point. "Be Gone! I never wish to see the sight of you or your stupid hat ever again!" She now jumped up and down in her gleeful rage. And Grenwold thought she might just have gone a little crazier than last time.

"Be silent, old woman!" He bellowed back. "I travel all this way, just to be scolded like a child caught stealing melons?" He warmed to his work happily, "Do you not have any respect? I should strike you down right now but for your gift which I require!" He stamped his foot in mock anger. and waited for the reply.

"You stupid old troll!" She shreiked, "How dare you threaten me! I have some power myself, what is stopping me from turning you into the pig you already are?" She danced gleefully at her witty response.

"Its nice to see you are doing well, Matti." Grenwold said happily, "It seems that the years have been good to you and not only sharpened your tongue but your wit."

"Thankyou, Grenwold." She said now, all the insanity going out of her voice. "One can only try to ones best to imitate." She smiled at her jest. "What brings you up to an old seeress?"

Ok that is all for now hope you like it Smile
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Sun May 08, 2011 9:33 pm

Stabbing a Darkspawn through the Chest, he impaled it on the ground, Grabbing the Meteor Hammer from his Back he whirled it around, smashing it into the nearest Darkspawns Chest, Again and Again he struck each time dealing crushing blows, killing any the Hammer came into contact with.

The Mages Yelled, "TIME".

As if they were joined as one, the Wardens Turned and ran for their lives, Mathayus and the first warden stayed behind, Giving the Wardens a chance to Get away.

Mathayus Grunted, "Commander, Get out of here!"

Mathayus continued to smash the Darkspawn's ranks everytime the got close to him.

Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Sun May 08, 2011 10:30 pm

The Mages Yelled, "TIME".

As if they were joined as one, the Wardens Turned and ran for their lives, Mathayus and the first warden stayed behind, Giving the Wardens a chance to Get away.

Mathayus Grunted, "Commander, Get out of here!"

Mathayus continued to smash the Darkspawn's ranks everytime the got close to him.

The Commander looked solemnly at Mathayus quickly, their eyes meeting.

"You and I both know that if I leave, you die." The First Warden said loudly, over the din of the fight. They had seconds left. "And we both know that if you leave, I probably will die. And if we both leave, then these beasts may get through before the spell hits. I will not leave without you, Mathayus. You have proven yourself."

Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Mon May 09, 2011 6:53 am

The Commander looked solemnly at Mathayus quickly, their eyes meeting.

"You and I both know that if I leave, you die." The First Warden said loudly, over the din of the fight. They had seconds left. "And we both know that if you leave, I probably will die. And if we both leave, then these beasts may get through before the spell hits. I will not leave without you, Mathayus. You have proven yourself."

"Then we shall either live or die, Are you strong enough to shield us both?" Mathayus Asked, Smashing in the skull of another Darkspawn.

The Darkspawn Began to surround them."There is one way to do this," he Yelled, "Back to back!" Meeting the Commanders Eyes once again.

Assassino
*POOF* Err....Jack Has Gone on Vacation...Permanently.

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Mon May 09, 2011 8:09 am

When the mages yelled time Elmo turned and ran towards the walls of the Kirkwall fortress along with the other Wardens. He only looked back once to see the commander and the dwarf Mathayus stay behind. What were they thinking, surely they knew they would soon be dead if they did not run.

He did not have to think of that however. Without the commander he was the senior Warden, and thus the commander in chief for the time being. He had to make sure the defenses were coordinated.

As the Wardens swarmed onto the walls of the fortress he gathered them quickly.

"Those of you with longbows man the towers. Mages, retreat to the fortress and work your spells from there. All others, keep the damned Darkspawn of the walls. Understood?"

"Aye!" Replied the men slighty loud."

"Understood?" He asked again.

"AYE!" They all yelled.

"Go then."

Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Mon May 09, 2011 9:32 am

"Then we shall either live or die, Are you strong enough to shield
us both?" Mathayus Asked, Smashing in the skull of another Darkspawn.

The
Darkspawn Began to surround them."There is one way to do this," he
Yelled, "Back to back!" Meeting the Commanders Eyes once again.

The Commander nodded, deftly sidestepping a Darkspawn and slashing it through the neck. He then parried and blocked, turning so that his back was to Mathayus's. As he countered an incoming axe strike, he yelled, "When the spell hit's, drop to the ground! I'll cover us, but it may get messy. We might have to remove ruble and bodies from on top of us, when it's all over, assuming we survive!" The Darkspawn had pushed forward, but couldn't touch the Commander or Mathayus. The First Warden was now practically touching to dwarf behind him, they were so close. It was perfect for when they had to drop to survive the spell.

10...9....8....7....6....5... The Commander counted silently, preparing himself like a tout bow. He stabbed a Darkspawn through the heart, and beheaded two more as he counted.

Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Mon May 09, 2011 11:02 am

The Commander nodded, deftly sidestepping a Darkspawn and slashing it through the neck. He then parried and blocked, turning so that his back was to Mathayus's. As he countered an incoming axe strike, he yelled, "When the spell hit's, drop to the ground! I'll cover us, but it may get messy. We might have to remove ruble and bodies from on top of us, when it's all over, assuming we survive!"

Swinging the meteor hammer around the legs of the darkspawn in front he there the darkspawn into the ranks behind it, just as the Commander started to drop, Mathayus followed suit.

He hit the ground, grunting as the world above him suddenly exploded...

Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Mon May 09, 2011 11:09 am

Swinging the meteor hammer around the legs of the darkspawn in front he
there the darkspawn into the ranks behind it, just as the Commander
started to drop, Mathayus followed suit.

He hit the ground, grunting as the world above him suddenly exploded...

The Commander, as he went down, grunted out a quick spell to stop Mathayus and himself from being crushed. They should survive.

He kept his head down, but he could still hear and feel and smell what was happening around him. The entire area was heating up from the explosions, and the smell of burning Darkspawn continued to grow, becoming more and more sickening.

It continued...

Back to top Go down
Assassino

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Mon May 09, 2011 11:21 am

Elmo watched as the buildings bellow exploeded, toasting hundreds of darkspawn. He hoped the commander and the dwarf had survived. But he doubted it.

He sighed and yelled out a command. "Do not open the gates for anyone, except for the commander himself! Now, fire at will."

As he said that a hundred arrows rained down on the burning darkspawn bellow finishing many of them of and killing several who had not been affected by the explotion.

"Fire the balistas" he yelled. And soon enough balista bolts flew towards the seemingly never ending horde, which was hesitating due to the raging fires.

Programmer

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Mon May 09, 2011 11:38 am

oh Lol I thought that said "To Be continued" for a moment Rofl

Ok I have a few questions and some such before I get back to topic. Smile What is this Meteor Hammer and does it do anything special? What exactly are the extent of all your powers and such because I really don't want to read through all those pages D:

Ok back on topico:

The Night had come, and with it, it found the old man, Grenwold, on the path back to his ancient tower. He had gotten the information he needed for the time being. It seemed that Shadow spawn had returned to the lands, also it seemed that the inferior species "man" had taken over the empires and now Elves were treated as vermin. He would have to quickly remedy this situation but, first came the Shadow Spawn which had decided to come creeping back under his very nose. The Cowards! He remembered the Day when he had helped send that rabble of evil screaming and cowering creatures back to where they had come from.

"I must have been asleep longer than I thought." He muttered to himself as he came to the meadow where his tower stood. He walked past the no trespassing sign that had served him well in keeping riff raff away from his studies and most precious talismans, and inventions...

He stopped for a moment by a spring which he had cleared out and turned into a beautiful glistening pool a few centuries ago when he had needed water. Now he suddenly with a quick flick of his wrist brought up a small amount of water and it instantly shaped into a tall goblet. Bending he scooped up a cup full of the sweet water and drank from his improvised cup, then threw it back into the spring, letting it go back to its natural form.

Soon he would have to go forth and make war upon not one enemy but two in this era, Firstly the dam*ed Shadow spawn and then Primitive man. He would show both how too fear, before his wrath.

He looked about the valley suddenly, something did not feel right. like an unwelcome presence had intruded itself on his vale. Quickly he crouched down hidden by the tall meadow's grass, and brought together a spell. Standing he let loose a long string of bright fire which would illuminate the valley for him.

The sight brought too his eyes in the meadow over two dozen Furies, mewling hideously as they saw him and began stalking toward him with catlike grace. Their womens faces twisted into grotesque grins of self satisfaction, as they thought they had just found an easy meal.

Quickly he attacked, letting the element of surprise take affect as he unleashed another spell he had been gathering and sent out a wave of fire, which began incinerating the evil creatures, but did not harm the grass in any way. The creatures mewling rose to shrieks of pain and anger, the to terror. As they all began catching on fire. The ran, leaped, rolled, but the horrorible fire did not cease, until it had burned the last of them into ash and even then their ashes burned away.

Carefully Grenwold extinguished the fires with a thought then shouted across the valley, his scorn for whoever thought he could be taken by mere furies. After his rant he went to his tower and secured all the wards properly if anything else decided to visit that night.
Back to top Go down
Assassino

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Mon May 09, 2011 12:21 pm

All discussion on plot points are to go within Discussion and development.

I shall edit in a post when I write one.

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Mon May 09, 2011 8:55 pm

The Commander, as he went down, grunted out a quick spell to stop Mathayus and himself from being crushed. They should survive.

He kept his head down, but he could still hear and feel and smell what was happening around him. The entire area was heating up from the explosions, and the smell of burning Darkspawn continued to grow, becoming more and more sickening.

It continued...

Slowly the Weight of the Houses crushed down on them, it became heavier and heavier.

"How long must we endure this Commander?" Mathayus Grunted as the weight came within range of crushing him.

Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Tue May 10, 2011 12:11 am

Slowly the Weight of the Houses crushed down on them, it became heavier and heavier.

"How long must we endure this Commander?" Mathayus Grunted as the weight came within range of crushing him.

The Commander silently counted in his head to five.

As he had hoped, and expected, the weight stopped pushing down through additional weight being added. All that was going to be there was above them.

"I'm going to try to blast this off of us..." The Commander huffed. A particularly large beam had fallen across his chest, making breathing difficult.

Seconds later, a tremendous BLAMMMM!! rocked, and debris went flying everywhere...

Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Thu May 12, 2011 6:05 am

"I'm going to try to blast this off of us..." The Commander huffed. A particularly large beam had fallen across his chest, making breathing difficult.

Seconds later, a tremendous BLAMMMM!! rocked, and debris went flying everywhere...

Mathayus sighed in relief as the weight of the debris shifted off of him, Getting to his feet he surveyed the area, The explosion had gone around the city cutting the size of the army in half.

Helping the Commander to his feet, “Do you think we will survive the battle to get to the castle?” He asked, as they started to make their way to the Castle.

Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Thu May 12, 2011 9:23 am

Mathayus sighed in relief as the weight of the debris shifted off of him, Getting to his feet he surveyed the area, The explosion had gone around the city cutting the size of the army in half.

Helping the Commander to his feet, “Do you think we will survive the battle to get to the castle?” He asked, as they started to make their way to the Castle.

The Commander looked around, judging what was remaining.

"The majority of the Darkspawn have been blown to pieces. Many more will probably die from blood loss, aftereffects of being so near the explosions. Others will be injured, unable to fight normally due to missing pieces. And others still will be normal." The Commander said after a minute of thought. He paused. "We will survive."

Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Fri May 13, 2011 7:44 pm

The Commander looked around, judging what was remaining.

"The majority of the Darkspawn have been blown to pieces. Many more will probably die from blood loss, aftereffects of being so near the explosions. Others will be injured, unable to fight normally due to missing pieces. And others still will be normal." The Commander said after a minute of thought. He paused. "We will survive."

Starting to Jog, Mathayus Reached the rear ranks of the Darkspawn, With a mighty swing he Unleashed the Meteor Hammer into the back of the nearest Darkspawn.

Pulling back his arm, he Loosed the Hammer into the Skull of another, smashing the skull and helm in.

The Darkspawn realized their ranks were being hit from the rear after he and the Commander had decimated the first couple of ranks at their rear.

By the time the Darkspawn started to react, the Darkspwan were halved again, there was not many who could stand and fight now...

Assassino

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:19 am

Unfortunatly, this RPG has expired, and is thus closed. Please feel free to contact a mod or admin if you wish it to be re-opened.

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   

Back to top Go down

The Battle for Thedas

View previous topic View next topic Back to top