Battle Zone
We think you should log in. Don't you?

This is the site for everything and anything you want to talk about. Want to discuss the latest games? Done. Want to have fun? Done. This is THE place to have a great time.

HomePortalFAQMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Battle for Thedas

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Assassino
*POOF* Err....Jack Has Gone on Vacation...Permanently.

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:24 pm

OOC: We need the others who've signed up for this RPG to post too. I'll try and remind them. But if you would be so kind as to help me it'll get a lot easier.

IC:

He had heard rumors for some time now. Rumors about internal strife in the order of the Grey Wardens. They worried him. Apparently the First Warden, or the Commander as they called him. Was not well liked. His informant in the Ferelden Grey Wardens told him that the local commanders had been planning to throw the "Elf" out for quit some time. But that they feared him for his powers and his ruthlessness.

The Architect hoped the man could be reasoned with. Or tempted to follow him. But to do that he needed to know what the man lusted for. Women? Power? Achievements? A longer life? Probably a mix. The other races were so complicated. But then again, if the commander did not cooperate, he would just have to kill him.

But now was not the time. His army was nearing its goal. The besieged city of Denerim. Capital of Ferelden.

Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:22 pm

OCC: That's why Zach and I are taking it this way. We figure it'll allow us to build interest and have things happening and stop the thread from hitting death, and allow the others a chance to get into the story.

IC:

The Commander thought for a second before making a snap decision. He drew his sword and rushed the Dwarf, using the flat side of the blade to shove him several feet across the room, where he landed hard on his back. This was what he liked about being the First Warden. Sure, the others kinda hated him. But what did they know? He was doing more for them then they would ever know, until he was gone. He was going to increase the Grey Warden's life span. He was going to get a woman of his own to love and be loved by. He was going to save the world from all Blights. And he would do it with or without the support of those under him. Their support would just make it easier.

But hopefully that was where the Architect would come in. Hopefully this mysterious being would be able to help the Commander's studies and research, and help him finish his quest and goals.

Back to top Go down
http://battlezone.forumotion.net/
Lone Wolf
I am such a post-wh*re and I am proud of it.

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:01 am

Sliding across the floor Mathayus Flipped onto his feet and said to the Elf. "I die or you choose to end this, for surrender I will not."

Assassino

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:26 am

OOC: Good idea. I'll just go around researching and exploring the Architects personality then.

IC:

Denerim was a large city. The tower of Fort Drakon stood high above the ocean of buildings underneath. Or should he say ocean of fire. Everything that could burn in the city was burning it seemed.

He headed over to his military commander. A tall Hurlock armed with a large longbow and an impressive collection of knives.

"You take it from here. Make sure to keep them away from the tower. I need it intact for my experiment to work." He told the Disciple.

"It shall be done." He replied.

The Architect left and behind him the General began shouting commands. He returned to his tent and gathered the things he needed in a small bag which he attached to his belt. In the distance he heard a faint war cry as the Horde and his own army clashed.

Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:23 am

Sliding across the floor Mathayus Flipped onto his feet and said to the Elf. "I die or you choose to end this, for surrender I will not."

The Commander leered but still said nothing. This was where he knew what to do. He needed to prove to Mathayus beyond a doubt that he was worthy of being the First Warden. Win this, and the others would follow, the Commander knew. With a quick flick of his wrist, he put his sword away and stepped closer to Mathayus, before darting out and slamming his palm right in the center of the Dwarf's chest.

This is kinda easy.... the Commander thought. Maybe I'm going too fast for him. Should I slow it down?

Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:26 pm

Mathayus, Stepped back as the Commander Hit him in the chest, making it a glancing blow and lessening the impact.

He then swung his fist up Making contact with the Elf's Jaw snapping his head back.

Assassino

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:48 pm

He made his way to the outskirts of the city. The few Darkspawn he encountered he killed before they even spotted him. He would not have done so before. But now it was necessary.

His feet left the ground and he passed over the city wall. Some arrows were fired at him. But he sent them back at their owners, killing them.

His gaze was fixed on Fort Drakon towering above the city. He came closer to it with each passing moment. Belove him the city and its inhabitants became smaller and smaller.

His feet touched down on the marble roof of the tower. He looked around to see if there were any enemies around. He didn't see anyone. But he could feel a powerful force was near.

A voice came from behind him. A Darkspawn's voice. Filled with confidence. "Father, you should not have come. But I am glad you did. He, will be most pleased when I kill you."

The Architect sighed as the name that The Mother had given him was used. He turned around to face his foe.

Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:22 pm

As Mathayus had brought his foot up, the Commander had thrown up his head, making the Dwarf's attack merely clip his chin.

Quickly he grabbed Mathayus's leg and swung him up over his head to slam him on the ground with enough force to knock the Dwarf out if he landed wrong, if not worse.

Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:27 pm

OCC: Uhh... I never brought my foot up???? But anyway...

IC:
Mathayus Launched himself off the ground Sending himself into a flip as his enemy added to his momentum...

Landing on his Feet Squarely he thought, This will show the old twat, Then he Whipped his fists both up into his enemy's Chest Faster than the Commander thought possible and Sent him flying into the Wall, Bending the wall inwards and stunning the Commander.

Assassino

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:31 am

It was a tall Hurlock emissary. The cloak he wore was stained with the blood of its previous user, the same was hs staff, whicn the Architect recognised as the one that the magisters of Tevinter liked to use.

"I am not the father, that name was given to me by the mother, and she is long since dead." The Architect said.

"But not by your hand." Answered the Darkspawn. "I am his most loyal servant. And he tells me to kill you, now!"

With that the Hurlock swung is staff around and released a ball of pure heat at him. He summmoned a magic shield which threw the ball back at the owner. HE saw the suprised look on the face of the emmisary who jumped to the left and narrowly avoided it.

The Architect didn't let his foe get up again. He pointed at the Hurlock who was trying to get to his feet. It stopped in the motion like it was unable to move. Which it was.

"Kill me then!" He yelled out. "Others will come"

"I am sorry." The Architect repiled. "But you are not going to die just yet. Your sacrefice is nessecary."

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:41 pm

Valkieron watching this fist fight between mathayus and Shadow says" Stop fighting now!!" "A horde of darkspawn is entering the city!"
Back to top Go down
Assassino

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:42 pm

Using simple magic he made the still living emissary float in the air.

"It was fortunate that you was here." The Architect told the Hurlock, who stared at him hatefully in return. "Your life force will make this easier."

He drew a knife from his belt. He didn't normally carry knives. But he had brought one for this very purpose. He cut the Hurlocks arm right above the arm so that a little blood began to flow out. Not enough to kill his defeated foe.

He laid his left hand on the wound and began to draw on the Emissary's life force. A most painful process for the victim, he had heard.

Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:40 am

The Commander instantly changed and used magic to bind Mathayus for the time being. "Enough, then. No more screwing with you, trying to make a point. I am the First Warden, and I will lead us to things you will never imagine." he said coolly to the Dwarf. "I will release you, and then we shall gather the others. We march unto battle." He then released the spell.

Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:08 am

OOC: What happened to Dwarfs being resistant to magic?

IC: Mathayus Growled, "For you, you may bring you to glory, but no I shall not fall under the shadow of an Elf."

With that he marched off to arm himself for battle.

Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:21 am

OCC: Sorry, I probably shouldn't have posted at that time. I wasn't thinking clearly. Let's just assume I didn't manage it. Ignore that part.

IC:

The Commander just shook his head and went to tell the rest of those summoned and the other Grey Warden's of the attack..

Why now? the Commander thought. It seemed soo....spontaneous to attack them at this time.

Back to top Go down
Assassino

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:57 pm

OOC: It's not my army attacking. I'm in a different city for the moment. As stated in the Discussion and development original post the city of Kirkwall (the place you're at) was already under siege.

IC: Power filled him. Pure power of life. It felt different from the power drawn from the fade. Cleaner and free in a way.

He pointed towards the sky and whispered words of power. Normally he did not do so. But he had newer done this before, and he needed to make sure it worked.

Several Darkspawn burst out from the door connecting the roof to the rest of the tower. But he did not care. He simply released the power.

A beam of light shot out from his body and the shock wave blasted the Darkspawn away like leaf. But he remained in place.

OOC: I leave it to you guys to decide what that was for. Razz

Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:18 pm

OCC: I know. But I'm taking it as the Darkspawn's siege has powered into overdrive.
And I have no idea what you were doing there.

IC:

The Commander entered the first room, where all the rest of the Elite had been summoned to.

"The Darkspawn have reinvigorated their assault. We go to battle now. Prepare thy selves."

Back to top Go down
Assassino

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:45 pm

OOC: Smile Lets find out... Or, I'll have to come up with something.

IC: The beam shot towards the sky and for a moment night turned to day. Bellow him the armies or men and Darkspawn were silent. Wondering what this was.

But then there was a shift in the flow of magic. The Architect could feel something go terribly wrong.

No! He though. Not now, not this time. He tried to reverse the flow of magic. But to no avail. He was being drained of power. An unstoppable force was drawing on him, like he was drawing on the Hurlock. Fear filled him, fear like he had never felt before. Fear of death, fear of failure.

But then it stopped. The Architect immediately collapsed on the ground and the beam of light was suddenly gone. And bellow the battle raged once more.

Somewhere inside, in the far back of his mind, the part connecting him to the call he heard it. The roar of another Archdemon.

No...

Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:11 pm

OCC: Hahahaha, go figure. And Mats, This next post of mine might need changing, you tell me.

IC:

As the Commander ran towards the top of the castle-like building, he felt something go terribly wrong somewhere. Something went haywire in the world, and sent a magical disturbance across it.

The Commander knew that feeling. He had felt it before.

What in the hell could have caused this... he thought in dismay.

Back to top Go down
Assassino

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:24 pm

OOC: sounds fine too me. I did some rather powerful magic.

IC:

Bellow him the battle was raging. With the help from his forces the horde was being bushed out of the city by its human defenders. Soon Denerim would be free again. But what good would that do? He had again released evil onto the world.

Silently he walked towards the edge of the roof and looked down. The city was running red with blood bellow him. The fires were beginning to die down as only stone was left.

But in his despair a new idea formed in his mind. He would have to be quick.

Suddenly he was again filled with hope, and his powers were returning now. With a little spell he was in the air again, descending towards the camp.

Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:36 pm

The Commander stumbled as the magic disturbance hit him. But he kept running. If this was true, what he was thinking, they had to act even faster.

Reaching the top of the fortress, The Commander began to use spells on various Darkspawn nearing the place.

Back to top Go down
Assassino

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:12 am

He arrived at the camp moments later. Before long ha had gathered his favorit mages around him.

They were elves and humans and Darkspawn. The elves and humans were eighter apostate mages or Grey Wardens that had joined him. They numbered 12 people, and they were the only ones he fully trusted.

"We must leave, gather your belongings." He told them. "Meet me by the docks in an hour. We're taking the large wooden vessel. The one named Angel."

"To where exacly are we going?" An elf named Leandra asked.

"Tevinter."

Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:50 am

The Commander realized very quickly that his skills would be needed on the ground rather than up here. With a weary glance at the surrounding areas, he quickly made his way to the front lines.

"Sir! What are you doing out here?!" one of his subordinates yelped as he saw him.

"Because it is time I did, why else?" The Commander asked icily. "I am needed."

Back to top Go down
Assassino

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:01 pm

It did not take long to reach the port. He needed to be quick, the other would arrive soon.

He made himself fly up to the deck of the ship, and landed gently near the door that led to the captains hut.

There were no guards on deck, they had most likely been called in to fight of the horde. An unwise choice, in these times.

He entered the room. The captain, a man with a big belly, and a marvelous black beard was sleeping on some kind of wooden bench attached to the wall.

The Architect walked over to the bench. He studied the man, deciding what to do with him.

Suddenly the man woke. For no apparent reason. Shock became clear on his face when he spotted The Architect. His face went pale.

"Begon Demon!" He yelled and grabbed after a knife hidden under his pillow.

The Architect simply pointed at him and the man went silent. Only his eyes moved. Fear was eminent in them.

"In an hour 12 mages will arrive on this ship." He told the captain. "You are to greet them and give them whatever they need, and you will sail us to the nearest Tevinter city. Is that understood?" He released the spell holding the man.

It took some time before the man discovered he was free, and more even before he answered. The Architect was beginning to consider just using blood magic to control him when he answered. "Y-Ye-Yes. Aye. Everything t-they n-need."

"Good, now be on your way. I imagine you have to make preparations for the journey."

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:17 am

Mathayus sprinted to the wall...

He Gathered a group of Grey wardens and they slipped out a tunnel inside the wall...

They travelled down, always down.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   

Back to top Go down

The Battle for Thedas

View previous topic View next topic Back to top