Battle Zone
We think you should log in. Don't you?

This is the site for everything and anything you want to talk about. Want to discuss the latest games? Done. Want to have fun? Done. This is THE place to have a great time.

HomePortalFAQMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Battle for Thedas

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:13 pm

OCC: That's why I'm First Warden. I've gotta know stuff most people don't. And I'm stalling, I don't know what attack to use Razz

IC:

Slowly the Commander prepared himself to use Blood Magic. He would unleash one of his most terrible spells upon these Darkspawn.

Back to top Go down
http://battlezone.forumotion.net/
DareDevil
Shamu Victim

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:45 pm

While the Commander was getting to unleash the terrible spell, Valkieron was taking on two Dark Spawn's at once.

Valkeiron draws power from his sword as the DarkSpawns attack and he chants a magic spell that shoots it out of his sword and strikes the two Dark Spawns like a lightning Bolt at them and our now paralized.

Valkerion now finishes the two DarkSpawns and when done he turns around and admires the commander's spell he is about to unleash on the DarkSpawns.
Back to top Go down
Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:39 pm

Drawing upon the power of the Blood of the Darkspawn, the Commander recited the spell.

A flash of lightning lit up the sky right before he released his spell, a storm was brewing.

Upon finishing his incantation, the Commander released the energy. A bolt of energy struck through the ranks of the Darkspawn, killing any it passed. But that was nothing.

What came next was the kicker.

The energy bolt created a shock wave of super hot air to take out a ton of the Darkspawn....and it was moving fast.

Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
I am such a post-wh*re and I am proud of it.

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:56 pm

Mathayus Yelled, "Mark, Shield us from Magic for a few moments, The warden is going to make some magic that will kill us if we are affected by it!"

Mark did as he was told, and Mathayus And the other two wardens Deflected Blows all around Mark so he could concentrate.

Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:11 pm

As the Darksawn forces fell faster than one could count, the Commander noticed that Mathatyus and a few other Warden were at the back of the Darkspawn ranks.

One appeared to be trying to protect them....

Hopefully he was a powerful enough magician for that.

Back to top Go down
Assassino
*POOF* Err....Jack Has Gone on Vacation...Permanently.

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:56 am

The pirates fleed faster then The Architect would have thought. They were obviously terrified of them, or should he say, the Qunari. It was weird how they, with 5 ships feared an enemy so. But The Architect knew no ship could match the Qunari dreadnoughts in battle.

They returned to the vessel.

Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:15 pm

Ignoring what would happen to the group on the other side of the Darkspawn, the Commander retreated towards the rest of the Grey Warden and summoned for bow and arrows, finely made weapons that they were.

He would put an arrow in the rest of the heads of the surviving Darkspawn if he had to.

Back to top Go down
DareDevil
Shamu Victim

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:18 pm

Valkerion was having trouble facing the DarkSpawns so Valkerion plead " Help Commmander please.""
Back to top Go down
Assassino

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:40 pm

Please, follow the rules. Both of you. A post is expected to be at least 100 words.

EDIT: IC:

The journey went on and on. Now and
then he would see a distant shore. But the captain assured him they
were still far from their destination. The hours seemed to be passing
slowly. For one so olf, he sure was impatient. He noted with
amusement.

Operationally a ship would pass by. But
non attacked them. His mages had created a replica of the Qunari
flag, and they were flying it from the masts. The captain had said it
was a cowardly thing to do, and that he would loose his respect with
the crew. But the Architect didn't care. It was far more important
that they reached the Tevinter Imperium.

For now there was only silence and
peace, as the gentle wind carried the vessel forward towards their
destiny.

Last edited by Assassino on Thu May 05, 2011 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DareDevil
Shamu Victim

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:42 pm

Well ass you are breaking the rule to then take a look at top of page 5 of this RpG you have just over 50 words! duh!

I will edit this too!
Back to top Go down
Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:29 am

DD, that post was before the Crackdown, if you had actually read the Global Announcement about the Crackdown you would know that. If you're going to back-seat Mod, do it right.

When posts are edited above mine to move the story forward, I'll edit this as well.

Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
I am such a post-wh*re and I am proud of it.

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Wed May 04, 2011 6:52 pm

Mark Fell, Hit by an arrow....

Mathayus Trembled as he stood, Rage was growing as he Deflected A thrust, and Smashed the Darkspawn in front of himself in the face with the butt of his axe,He said to the last two remaining wardens with him, "We fight as one, we must defend each other as well as ourselves, or we will surely be over whelmed, also Watch for Arrows from the Castle."

Putting action to his own words he Hew a Darkspawn in the back as he tried to hit one of the other wardens, then Spinning his Axe he sliced through three more Darkspawn, He then Activated a charm he wore for occasions such as this, the Charm gave him over 10x his usual speed, Moving quickly he was a blur, Hewing, Left and right, Creating walls of the dead around himself...

He got the other two to start piling the bodies around them so that the Darkspawn had one entry to them...

Standing inside the Entrance he Hewed through any that dared to face him or the other Grey Wardens, Smashing a Break in the Darkspawn lines, They continued to pile the bodies so as they were making a slow path to the Castle...

Arrows flew, and struck targets they were not intended for, the two Wardens Fell... And Mathayus Flew into a rage, forgetting about any regard for defense, he became a force to be reckoned with on the Battlefield, none could stand before this Dwarf and live, he was Enraged.

Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Fri May 06, 2011 9:52 am

The Commander’s bow and arrows were brought to him with speed. Moving slightly forward, the Commander began to string and fire arrows fast enough that his arm was a blur. Darkspawn began to fall, arrows protruding from their skulls, chest, and legs. Not once did the Commander miss a target, not now. Maybe a lesser Warden would, but not the First Warden.

When his arrows were gone, the Commander once again drew his sword. Except this time, weary as he was, he would activate the charm he had on the blade. This charm was one of his rare extracts. When used, whatever it was directly touching when activated (and as long as it stayed in contact with this thing, which is why the Commander had the charm made to be a part of the sword) would be heated. His sword was effectively now the equivalent of being on fire, it would cut through these Darkspawn scum with little effort now.

With anger boiling in his veins, the Commander rushed forward, with the rest of the Grey Warden fighters right behind him…

Back to top Go down
Assassino

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Fri May 06, 2011 8:25 pm

OOC: Right, I'm going to create a second character for use becasue The Architect really isn't going to do anything in a while. Will make a sheet for said Warden. But not now at 2 am.

IC:

Zevran (sorry) was swinging his sword with as much force as he could, beheading two darkspawn in a row. Their blood sprayed over him. Had he not been a Grey Warden that might have been deadly in the long run. But not anymore.

He looked around. More darkspawn were advancing on him, and to his right the Commander was charging forward. With awe Zeran watched as the mighty warrior crushed Darkspawn like they were made of glass. The sight inspired him. He gathered his remaining strenght and attacked.

He crushed the head of a Hurlock with his shield and stabbed another with his sword. Kicked a third in the stomach before beheading it andf then cutting another in half. But there were always more of them.

Then he saw something that truly frightened him. Through the horde came an Ogre. He took a step back as the mighty creature looked at him. But then he stoopped. If he was going to die, he'd do it with honour.

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Fri May 06, 2011 8:36 pm

Mathayus left a wake of dead and dying Darkspawn as he Delimbed and beheaded ranks of them with swings of his mighty axe...

He looked up and Saw Zevran, the stick that he was staring at a mighty Ogre, Returning his Gaze to the bloody work at hand he fought on, He was getting there, slowly but surely he was cutting through the ranks of the Darkspawn.

He parried a slash with his axe, looking up he saw another warden, He Grinned and yelled over the noise of the Battle, "Nice welcoming party Ain't it?"

The Warden Shocked at the words, "Forgive me Mathayus, I thought you were vile Darkspawn." he replied.

Grunting Mathayus replied, "Not to worry about that, for we have some bloody work to do, we can't allow slackers so get to it."

And suiting action to words he Continued to Carve a path into the Ranks of the Darkspawn with the Warden at his side, they slowly paved their way with the dead of the Darkspawn.

Assassino

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Sat May 07, 2011 7:43 am

OOC: I'll rename this guy. He's not officialy Elmo.

IC: The Ogre pushed his way through the darkspawn horde. It was twice has tall as any darkspawn, and ten times as massive. Two three feet long horns dominated its head along with a huge mouth filled with half rotten teeth. The thing smelled like pure death.

The Ogre came closer, and Elmo readied himself. As the Ogre came closer he wispered a silent prayer to the maker.

The Ogre was right infront of him now. It raised a mighty fist and swung it towards Elmo. He jumped to the side. The force of the fist hitting the ground right next to him made the ground shake and sent stones and dust flying at him. He stabbed towards the huge fist with his sword and it burried itself deep into the flesh and stopped when it his a massive bone. Elmo quickly drew his blade out and dealth the Ogre another blow to it leg.

The Ogre yelled in anger and pain. Then it launched itself head first towards Elmo with it's right horn pointing directly at his heart. He narrowly avoided it by throwing himself to the ground. But now the Ogre was over him. Elmo stabbed upwards, hitting the Ogre between the legs.

The reaction was imidiat. The Ogre roared with such force that several nearby Darkspawn were knocked of their feet, and Elmo lost the feeling in his ears. But he got up. The Ogre was in great pain. Swinging it's arms randomly around hitting both Wardens and Darkspawn.

Out of nowhere came one of its huge fists. Elmo narrowly got his shield up. But the force of the impact sent him flying ten feet back.

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Sat May 07, 2011 8:57 am

Mathayus Saw Elmo get smashed away, Jumping Forward he slew the last of the Darkspawn between him and the ranks of the wardens, Dodging one of the Ogres Fists, he Threw a dagger at its head, Puncturing an eye...

The Ogre became even more enraged, Sliding under Ogre's fist Mathayus launched another dagger towards the Ogre's head, this one Landed inside its mouth as it Roared in frustration and fury, Mathayus Clutched his helm and Squeezed his eyes tight as the sounds reverberated through his head, the Ogre finally ran out of breath and gulped for more air.

Mathayus took advantage of the fact and Slung his Axe into the Calf muscle on its left leg, Breaking through the Armor and Crippling the Ogre.

The Ogre Roared yet again in fury, He fell to one knee.

Mathayus Jumped up onto his Back, and with one clean swipe, Cut the Head of the Ogre from the body, The Ogre slumped forward and Died, Mathayus Jumped Clear of the Beast, hitting the ground and rolling, Coming up into a crouch he Loosed a Dagger into a Darkspawns Mouth, as it closed it, the Dagger penetrated the upper Jaw and the Darkspawn Died.

Mathayus Stepped forward and Hewed Yet another neck, dodging Arrows in the process...

Assassino

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Sat May 07, 2011 9:13 am

Elmo watched as the dwarf Mathayus killed the Ogre, with ease it seemed. Though it was hard to tell. He was to dizzy to make out any details. His whole body was hurting now, and he suspected he'd broken a rib.

He took a moment to get his senses back. the darkspawn seemed preoccupied with Mathayus for the moment.

When he finaly came to himself again he forced himself to his feet and picked up his sword that was laying on the ground a good twenty feet away. He noticed that his shield was smashed. The wood was all but gone, and the steel in the middle was largly cracked. It was useless. He threw it away and picked up a new one. The Warden it belonged to wouldn't need it anymore.

He then charged forward again.

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Sat May 07, 2011 9:26 am

Mathayus Dodged, Slashed, Dodged, Ducked, Hewed, Slew many Darkspawn that battle...

His ability to move 10x as fast as usual was wearing thin as he tired slowly, Parrying a blow with a dagger, he slashed the throat of that Darkspawn, and started a slow retreat to the castle, defending more than anything, keeping himself alive.

Parrying two blows on the blade of his axe, he then threw the axe into the ranks of the Darkspawn, its scythed through four before it stopped, giving him Time to draw his hand-and-a-half-sword, He then began to Weave circles around the Darkspawn Killing with each move.

One move, a Enemy fell, two moves, three fell... he thought of it as a game... one wrong move, you die He thought silently.

Assassino

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Sat May 07, 2011 9:39 am

The Wardens were falling back towards the keep. The few of them left, anyway. He and five others had created a thin shield wall and was retreating through a narrow street, the huge pressure of hundreds of darkspawn in front of them forces them backwards. They stabbed and slashed. But for every darkspawn they slew another took its place. Elmo knew that they would not last long.

Then suddenly there was a sharp light and a bang. The first line of the darkspawn collapsed. Elmo turned his head to see a Warden mage at the end of the alley.

The Darkspawn saw him too, and for a moment they hesitated. Elmo and the others did not hesitate. They turned and ran. Several arrows flew past them, and Elmo saw a fellow Warden fall to the ground. Moments later his death cry rang through the city. but Elmo and the others ignored it. The city was lost. Now they would have to make a stand at the keep.

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Sat May 07, 2011 9:53 am

Mathayus Ran down the Street with Elmo and 3 other wardens, Dodging Magical bursts and what not as the Mage created a Distraction.

He thought, What a waste of the city... Then an Idea started to form in his mind, Yelling to Elmo, "Buy me some time, I need a few mages..." He then reactivated his Charm of speed, Almost flying down the street he Stopped where the Mage was.

Can we Rig these houses to explode as the Darkspawn come through the alleys? He asked.

The Mage Replied, "Sure we can, Give me ten minutes of Stall time."

Spinning on the Spot Mathayus Rejoined Elmo, "We must give the Mages ten Minutes, Hold the Darkspawn off for ten minutes and then run like Hell to the keep, Don't stop, for if you do you will fall." He yelled as he Fought.

Assassino

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Sat May 07, 2011 10:07 am

"Right." Elmo replied. "We can do that"

"Hold them of for ten minutes!" He yelled out. "On my signal run for the keep"

The Wardens stopped their retreat. Soldiers from the city saw it as well and joined the line. Even a few templars stopped their retreat and joined the line.

The Darkspawn seemed to have gotten over the shock. They released a wave of arrows. But few hit their targets. Then they charged.

When they hit the wall of shields it was as if nother Ogre was hitting his shield. The pure force of hundreds of Darkspawn pressing on their shields almost made him fall. But he managed to hold on.

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Sat May 07, 2011 10:25 am

Once the shield wall had done its work, Mathayus picked up a Bow and Lossed a total of 50 Arrows in Rapid Succession, Each one found its Mark in the throat of a Darkspawn, He was out of Arrows... Damn! He thought as he Glanced around for another weapon, Finding none he drew his sword and as a member of the Shield wall fell he Grabbed the wardens shield and Stepped into line.

He focused on Parrying blows rather than killing strikes as this bought time.

From the Rear came a Yell, "Give us another Five from now."

"Mathayus Grunted, "Yeah." as he Parried a Blade, Sliding his Blade up and into the Armpit of the Darkspawn he Withdrew just as quickly.

He Caught a Blow on his shield, He threw the shield at the Darkspawn, Blinding it, then slicing its head of, as he parried a blow with the last dagger he had.

Half time he thought.

Assassino

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Sat May 07, 2011 10:49 am

Elmo stabbed another one before he again hid behind his shield. The Darkspawn were hitting at it and bashing it with axes and maces. Elmo feared the line would not last for much longer.

As soon as he had thought the thought another wave of arrows rained down upon them. Killing the man next to him. But luckily the Darkspawn were terrible archers and managed to hit many of their own numbers.

Elmo felt a sharp pain in his foot and looked down to find a hald dead Darkspawn trying to stab his leg with a dagger. With a kick he crushed the face of thing.

He looked up again and saw yet another wave of arrows coming their way.

Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   Sat May 07, 2011 4:50 pm

The First Warden, as he fell back with the rest of the Grey Wardens, took a side road. Few Darkspawn noticed his movement, and the few who did he slew as they ran after him. Silently he counted the houses...

!....5....8....10....14...20...24!

He ran into the house and burst up the stairs and onto the roofs. From here he ran towards the few Warden that remained nearby. A few mages were preparing a spell, while the few warriors left were trying to keep the Darkspawn held off.

As the First Warden looked and ran, he saw the Darkspawn raise their bows, and loose a wave of arrows. Elmo looked up.

The Commander drew upon his strength. He would not let more of the Grey Warden die under this fight.

Uttering a spell as the Arrows were released, the First Warden raised his arm and thrust it back down. The arrows fell with his arm, falling upon the ranks of Darkspawn, adding their hideous howls and death cries into the air.

With his Elven agility, the Commander jumped down from the building he was now on (which was only one story tall), and landed beside Elmo and Mathayus.

"Stand and fight. This is war. We will fight to the edge of the world, and push these beasts off!" he yelled.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Thedas   

Back to top Go down

The Battle for Thedas

View previous topic View next topic Back to top