Battle Zone
We think you should log in. Don't you?

This is the site for everything and anything you want to talk about. Want to discuss the latest games? Done. Want to have fun? Done. This is THE place to have a great time.

HomePortalFAQMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Text based RPG

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hobo
Fighter
Fighter

PostSubject: Text based RPG   Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:49 pm

To help get me jump started in this new forum, I was thinking (well, Reignlief was thinking) of an RPG story where each person has one character and where by their own actions, and the actions of NPCs and creatures (I'll take care of that) each person develpos their story, and perhaps even meet eachother ingame ^_^

If enough people are interested, I will post some rules and a enough background to base your stories on. Also please give your thoughts on what type of RPG it should be e.g. Middle ages, Zombie apocalypse, Futuristic, Fantasy etc

The RPG will be started in the RPG games section if I get a good response

http://battlezone.forumotion.net/f53-rpg
Back to top Go down
Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: Text based RPG   Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:31 pm

Well, if you could provide some more background information for me, I'd be willing to think about joining up.

And, as always, I'm always up for Futuristic and Medieval themed RPGs. Not particularly big on Zombie-anything, however. But I would still do one.

Back to top Go down
http://battlezone.forumotion.net/
Hobo
Fighter
Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Text based RPG   Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:19 pm

Alright, I guess I'll post up some more info for those who might be interested, this will be heavily based on a game I'm currently playing in terms of location and people.
Background
The year is 1257 in the land of Calradia, and the land has been ravaged with poverty and conflict since anyone can remember. A war of proportions rarely seen in the world is taking places here, with 6 factions imposing their claims on the same land. The armies of the proud Swadian Empire and the mighty King Harlaus march across the country, with their highly disciplined and heavily armoured Landsknechts with their Zweihänders, and noble Knights proudly sat upon plate-clad chargers. The Rebellious Kingdom of Rhodoks and the brave King Graveth broke away from the grasp of Swadia and have risen up to fight for their own righteous cause. With the support of the the peasantry and the greatest spearwalls in Calradia, the Rhodoks stand a fair chance of taking back what belongs to the people. In the freezing north, the Fierce Kingdom of Nords and the Epic King Ragnar sharpen their axes and prepare to enforce their claim with blood and steel. To the east of the Nords, their arch rivals, the inhabitants of the tundras of the Vaegirs, their expert archers and the intelligent King Yaroglek draw back their strings and hold their breath, ready to strike. In rolling Steppes of the Khergit Khanate, the thousands of tribesmen mount their warhorses and ride to the call of Sanjar Khan, Lancers and archers prepared to ride down the enemies of the Khanate. Last, but not least, in the south-east, the exotic and cunning Sarranids and the Sultan Hakim sharpen their wicked curved blades, and ready the most devastating cavalry in Calradia, the Mamlukes.
With all 6 Factions vying for absolute control of a land torn with war, mercenaries from every corner of the world flock to share in the spoils. Who will you become? From a lowly peasant working his way up from the backbreaking labour of the farms to a Vodka swigging vaegir archer with a fur hat and deadly aim. Be who you want to be and choose who you will support, which does not necessarily have to be one of the main factions...

Rules and Features:
To create a character, fill PM me the following form filled out and I'll PM you back saying whether or not that'll be alright. If it is denied, I will explain why.
Code:

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Occupation:[/b]
[b]Short Description:[/b]

In characters
Donts - No godlike powers, no magic of any kind (belief of magic is ok). No deciding to be good at everything, try to make it believable and interesting.
Dos - Try to have an interesting backstory, be creative! Develop your character as he/she moves along in the story.

In game
Cities
Swadia: Praven (Capital), Uxkhal, Suno, Dhirim
Nords: Sargoth (Capital), Wercheg, Tihr
Vaegirs: Reyvadin (Capital), Rivacheg, Curaw
Khergits: Halmar (Capital), Ichamur, Narra, Tulga
Sarranids: Shariz (Capital), Ahmerrad, Durquba, Barriye
Rhodoks: Jelkala (Capital), Veluca, Yalen

In every city:
Castle (The lord lives here, King/Khan/Sultan if its the capital, must speak with the castle guard to enter)
A Tavern (Go here to rest, meet people, hire mercenaries and of course, drink (TIP: MANY INTERESTING NPCs WILL BE HERE TOO))
Arena (Go here for events if I state them and regular fistfights for small prizes any time)
Marketplace (Gossip, Weapons, Armour, Horses, City minister(Quests) and general supplies)
Prison (houses any prominent prisoners, must speak with the prison guard to speak with a prisoner)
Cities can be sieged by a large enough party or sabotaged by a smaller one.

Villages
Any village can be recruited from, in any faction's land as long as that village has a reputation of 0 or above with you (more reputation = more recruits)
Evil characters can steal cattle, force peasants to hand over their goods or just loot and burn the entire village.
Speak with the village elder for tasks (usually food and cattle are given as rewards)
Back to top Go down
Hobo
Fighter
Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Text based RPG   Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:47 pm

NOTE: ALL OOC (out of character) INFO IS TO BE DISCUSSED HERE, THE MAIN THREAD IS FOR RP ONLY.
Back to top Go down
Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: Text based RPG   Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:32 pm

Well I'm in. I sent in my very rough outline. I hope more members show interest in this, I love RPGs.

Back to top Go down
Assassino
*POOF* Err....Jack Has Gone on Vacation...Permanently.

PostSubject: Re: Text based RPG   Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:30 pm

Well, this sounds good, count me in.

Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Text based RPG   Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:45 pm

Havent recieved a character sheet from either of you. fix it! Razz
Back to top Go down
Assassino
*POOF* Err....Jack Has Gone on Vacation...Permanently.

PostSubject: Re: Text based RPG   Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:44 pm

Will do, once I've written it, that is.

Oh, and I'll just fill out the standard sheet if that's okay, it goes like this:

Name.
Age.
Gender.
Personality.
General Appearance.
Weapons/Usual Equipment.
History.
Miscellaneous.

That's the one we normaly use after all.

Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Text based RPG   Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:11 pm

Ah yes, forgot there was already one, yeah feel free to use that. Lazy people can use my shorter one if they feel like it Razz
Back to top Go down
Old Amsterdam
Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: Text based RPG   Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:45 pm

When I get onto an actual computer and not just a phone, I'll resend mune to you, Hobo.

Back to top Go down
Hobo
Fighter
Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Text based RPG   Tue May 15, 2012 6:29 pm

I stand ready to use this setup for anyone who comes back to the site. PM me if you're interested. I'll play it with just one person if I have to!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Text based RPG   

Back to top Go down

Text based RPG

View previous topic View next topic Back to top