Battle Zone
We think you should log in. Don't you?

This is the site for everything and anything you want to talk about. Want to discuss the latest games? Done. Want to have fun? Done. This is THE place to have a great time.

HomePortalFAQMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Obama came to Darwin.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Feral
Programmer
Programmer

PostSubject: Obama came to Darwin.    Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:05 am

Darwin in the capital city of the Northern Territory in Australia- if you didn't know.

Darwin is small compared to the other capital cities- its quiet here- not much happens when it comes to politics or any sort of big thing that comes to Australia.

One thing you might not have known is that Darwin is one of the main training areas for the defense force in Australia- and it's pretty big on war memorials and all that butterscotch.

But, even though we have alot of military activity, it's still very quiet. Which brings me to what happened days ago.

The American president came to Darwin.

HOLY-SHIEEEEET.

Territorians are the laidback folk of Australia- *coughs* the hillbilly part ya see *coughs* so what do you think happened?

The president was never seen apart from when he visited the RAAF base and Memorial. If you saw the amount of people lining RANDOM streets that had no consequence whatsoever to the president road route- you would be amazed. The local news exploded into activity- the one main newspaper had his visit going for pages. I'm pretty sure some people were about to have a mental break down.

Furthermore, he was given crocodile insurance as a gift.

He wasn't even in Darwin a full day- he came and announced American soldiers were coming here- and he left.

Am I the only one who thought it was stupid that such a big thing was made of it?
Back to top Go down
Assassino
*POOF* Err....Jack Has Gone on Vacation...Permanently.

PostSubject: Re: Obama came to Darwin.    Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:58 am

Well, I don't know. If he didn't stay for more than a few hours I suppose. though, I've no idea how big a deal people made it out to be in Australia. If it was anything like how it was when Obama visited Oslo in 2009, then yeah, waaaay to much. I remember how they practicaly closed of the whole city. Weird that.

Programmer
Programmer

PostSubject: Re: Obama came to Darwin.    Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:15 am

I was just kinda flipping through channels and was like,

WHERE ARE MY NORMAL SHOWS! DELTORA QUEST SHOULD BE PLAYING!

But all I saw was Obama's face- no one cancels out my deltora quest. No one. >Sad

But yeah considering it was a few hours it was stupid that they kicked up such a fuss. But I dunno.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obama came to Darwin.    

Back to top Go down

Obama came to Darwin.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top