Battle Zone
We think you should log in. Don't you?

This is the site for everything and anything you want to talk about. Want to discuss the latest games? Done. Want to have fun? Done. This is THE place to have a great time.

HomePortalFAQMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Ask an opinion/suggestion/help thread for MMOGs.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Artrain
Eternally lazy

PostSubject: Ask an opinion/suggestion/help thread for MMOGs.    Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:04 am

I made this thread because I'd like a one off opinion if it is available, and basically for anybody who wishes to ask fellow members for small suggestions/help that can be received in a few posts and don't require a thread on their own.

So I'll go first. Anybody willing to give me an opinion about whether to go for World of Warcraft or Lord of the Rings Online? Neglecting the issue that WOW is paid and LOTRO is free to play with probably some online store thingy. I'm talking about gameplay, playerbase, quests, those sorta things.

Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: Ask an opinion/suggestion/help thread for MMOGs.    Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:47 pm

Well, I did play WoW for a little while, back when I had time to spend with my cousin (who played it a fair amount). On the whole, I played about an hour total, versus never playing LoTR Online. Both have a lot to go on, though, and their fans are hard won.

WoW might feel a little more open than LoTR, I'd think. LoTR will be confined to the basis of the LoTR series, but that shouldn't hinder it horribly.

Fighting might be easier in LoTR, thus controls could be easier to understand and wield than in WoW.

Magically, I'd expect WoW to be best. Graphics...No idea whose would be better.

That's about all I can do for you.

Back to top Go down
http://battlezone.forumotion.net/
Artrain
Eternally lazy

PostSubject: Re: Ask an opinion/suggestion/help thread for MMOGs.    Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:01 am

Mmm, yea from what I've read of LOTR Online so far, it seems fairly less demanding in terms of gameplay. No open PK, which is something I like as it gives better opportunity for people to play together, whether it be boss hunting, or guild wars, or just plain leveling.

I think WoW does have a bit of open PK doesn't it?

Just checked out LoTR's file size... 8 GBs... and thats the 'lite' pack. -__-' The 'better graphics' one comes for near about 14 GBs of download, which is a bit crazy. I've also heard that the whole process of installation of LoTRO takes a long long time. Not just the 8-14GB file download, but the installation itself.

Compared to that, I wonder where WoW stands in terms of size and ludicrousness of installation.

Bow Before Thy Master
Bow Before Thy Master

PostSubject: Re: Ask an opinion/suggestion/help thread for MMOGs.    Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:01 pm

Oh, it depends on how you download it. The way I downloaded WoW only took about 30minutes of file stuff. I believe to completely get WoW going, and then start up the game to play, took at around an hour. But it was on a slow computer, so that might have effected it.

Back to top Go down
http://battlezone.forumotion.net/
Artrain
Eternally lazy

PostSubject: Re: Ask an opinion/suggestion/help thread for MMOGs.    Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:56 am

Oh well, already started with LOTRO. Looks decent. It'd be a lot more fun if you started playing it with some friend or friends, cause MMOGs these days seem to have a pretty solid storyline which a character has to follow and its not as much fun to do all the quests by yourself.

I'm having second thoughts about it though. The free-to-play may sound great for those who want to try out the game, but then you are constantly bugged by messages telling you to pay so and so amount if you want to have this feature, and another amount for that feature, and soon enough you realize that they are actually making more money from free-to-play than from pay-to-play. Its really pathetic. Feels as though the game is begging you for money everytime you play it. And I won't pay squat until I find that the game is really fun, and that it has a solid future. You don't want to pay hundreds of dollars and then have the game die on you after few years.

So all in all you could say I'm testing this thing out. Might as well get World of Warcraft sometime so that I can make a good comparison. Somehow I feel combat in WoW would be much better than what it is in LotRo.

PostSubject: Re: Ask an opinion/suggestion/help thread for MMOGs.    

Back to top Go down

Ask an opinion/suggestion/help thread for MMOGs.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top